main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

" Nothing Left To Lose"Q/O* 1/21* HERE IT IS FOLKS, THE FINALE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Poor Garen and BAnt! And two bonds. :_|

Great post, ewen

2. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
  3. OBI_JEDI

OBI_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    woah I love it. Keep it up ewen

4. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Missed 2 posts! So, Obi-Wan is too old to be a Jedi but I can't see Qui-Gon leaving him there. The ending to the first instalment He did not know if the force demanded his intrusion, but he knew without a doubt, his conscience did was excellent

One grows weaker as the other feeds from it

So, Obi-Wan is beginning to replace Xantos, could be trouble there! How will they rescue Bant and Garen, looking forward to finding out.

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    an't tell you how much I appreciate feedback.

I can't answer to all them right now.

Headed out to work and I try to daily post both stories.

THANX, ewen

#########
    Jinn discussed his plans with Kerchuk. He had to because he needed them to verify if anyone should ask that the Jedi are there to help his people set up an irrigation system for their crops. That was the reason he would give the inn keeper for their extended stay. Jinn only hoped the inn keeper would allow the Jedi to stay and not have any suspicion of him. He got the impression that the man was not all that intelligent and would not figure out what was going on. Once the pirates arrived it would be too late to have the Jedi leave. That would only increase any suspicion the Jedi had if they were indeed asked to leave after paying for their extended stay.

?Master I understand that we have to try to get our padawans back to the temple but what will you do with the others that are aboard ship.?

?Quite simple Padawan, we will see that they reach their respective homes safely and speedily.?

Qui-Gon studied his padawan a moment. It had always been hard to bond with this apprentice. As hard as he tried, the bond never strengthened over time as one would expect it too. Now with the new boy, Obi-Wan in the picture, the bond with Xanatos seem to evaporate hour by hour, leaving Qui-Gon to wonder of his current apprentice?s sincerity and commitment to the Jedi order. That itself brought pain to the big master. Had he failed this apprentice in some way?

?What about the little vagabond boy at the inn??

?Why should he be any different. I mean he must have a home; a family that wants him back.?

?Well you do seem to have a preoccupation with him and he is a force sensitive. I thought maybe you planned to take him back to the temple with us.?

?Whatever for Xanatos? You know very well he is too old to train. Even Master Yoda voiced the same sentiments.?

?Master, even I can feel his immense power through the force and he has a force collar on. Can you imagine the level of midiclorians in his blood stream? I bet they might be equal to yours or Master Yoda?s.?

Jinn noted a touch of envy in the young man?s voice. He hoped it was not jealousy for that was unbecoming to a Jedi. Had he begun to question everything about his padawan without rightful reason? This was not like the gentle giant of a master. Normally his loyalty to his padawan would be fierce and never ending. Now the opposite seemed true.

?Yes, well we might check his level just out of curiosity, but I assure you he can not be trained now, no matter how high his level is and how powerful he is. He will remain a private citizen not welcomed into the folds of the Jedi. Too bad we missed such a strong one.?

?Well I am sure you and Master Yoda are right. He is too old to train and probably is lucky to be able to read a young child?s book if it were placed in front of him. I have never heard of an illiterate Jedi.?

Xanatos laughed with his remark. Jinn raised eyebrow and gave his padawan a perplexing look.

The boy can think of the most non- essential things. Does he think our instructors at the temple could not take someone like Obi-Wan, so gifted in the force and teach him his book lessons in no time flat?

Nothing more was said as they traveled to the inn.

Qui-Gon did however continue to try to think through why he felt so disconnected from his apprentice. What was even worse, the master did not feel badly about it, nor was he concerned enough to let it create worry in him.

Jinn felt a certain calm come over him when he first stepped on the property of the Inn. He could see Delbe, the inn keeper standing just outside the barn, pumping water for the farm animals. He looked again toward the barn to see the little Kenobi slave peak around the barn door. Jinn thought he saw a smile don the little one?s face. If it was, it was the first time the boy expressed any hint of happiness. Just then the inn keeper saw the boy and went to where he was. Not

6. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    :) :) UP! :) 7

7. Linari_Tanis

Linari_Tanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2002
    :mad: Well, I found the character to hate for this story.... I don't like that Inn Keeper at all...

And they better take Obi with them back to the temple....he has to be a Jedi!!!

8. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Man, that makes me wanna phyisically abuse the Inn owner. He will get his justice in due time...right?

Great Post!

9. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    another great post :D

Velvet

10. Shay_Durron

Shay_Durron Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2002
    [face_shocked] Talk about missing posts!

Poor Obi, bad torture [face_plain]

11. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    That innkeeper needs to be tanned, not Obi. :mad: :mad:

Great post, ewen. :)

12. jedibear30

jedibear30 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    HEY EWEN. JUST FOUND THIS STORY. LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER GOOD ONE. KEEP IT UP. LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE.

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It's beginning to look alot like christmas, or whatever you choose to celebrate. I just love this time of year!!

Have a great but safe weekend!!

In answer to the question you all are dying to ask;

No,I haven't been drinking!! I'm just happy!!!

PEACE ewen

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    ummm, ok ewen glad to see you're happy. It sounds like you've been listening to too many carols on the radio at work (I know I have)

Great posts. They make me want to do serious harm to the innkeeper.

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Yes Christams carols have gone to my head. But look at this way it's good reason to shop[my favorite pastime] so that is what I plan to do again today. Last time out before Santa arrives.

No kids, just three nieces and nephews and Gus[my Doxie]. We are going to see Santa!!!!Well Gus isn't. He already went to the pet store for his picture with him]

Here's your post, enjoy and thanx for reading!!!

######

Qui-Gon and Xanatos said their good-byes to the minister and his wife. Qui-Gon looked forward to the tour of the farm and the barn. He wanted to know how much work Obi-Wan did and how he did it. He was aware he had a mission but he had to wait on the other Jedi and more importantly the pirate ship which was to arrive as soon as maybe tomorrow.

?Master Jinn are you sure I will not bore you with a tour of my farm? I mean we can forego that and go to the town and meet with the men you need to get your supplies from.?

?If I may interrupt, my master is very in touch with the living force.?

?Excuse me what does that mean in laymen?s terms??

?Sorry, that is a Jedi?s way of saying he loves life and all things living, from plants to animals. He even holds a certain empathy for your servant, the Kenobi child.?

Now why did Xanatos bring Obi-Wan into this? He knows we are not to draw attention to our mission. To insinuate I am curious about the boy will not help us.

?Is what the boy says true Master Jinn? I would not think and indentured servant would hold any kind of curiosity about him. Why the Kenobi boy? Of course you would hold a certain wonder about him since he is a force sensitive such as yourselves. I had almost forgotten. I guess because he has and never will be given the opportunity to use it..?

?Well as my apprentice pointed out I am in touch with all living things. Let?s say the boy interests me. He?s force sensitive yet does without it. I just wondered how that felt.?

?Oh I thought you were worried that he was a literal slave. I assure you he is not. That is even against the law here. Now he is just paying back a debt and the collar was absolutely necessary. The boy was quite unruly when he was first brought here. But I assure you he has tamed his aggressive ways with the help of that collar and my strict regime I insist he follow or else. Have you ever worn a force collar??

?No I can?t say that I have. I just wondered if it bought pain or illness to one when he had to wear it.?

Jinn knew that it did. He had lied.

What was worse, Xanatos knew very well his master lied. He could only gaze at his master in disbelief. It was the first time he had known Master Jinn to ever utter a lie. He knew perfectly well that they both had a force collar on them before. Xani do not give away his master?s lie as he assumed it had some purpose. It would be interesting, he thought to find out just what Qui-Gon was fishing for. After all their mission was to free the padawans, not worry about some forgotten force sensitive kid that had nothing going for him.

?Let me assure you it does the boy no harm. Does it Kenobi?

Jinn looked up to see Obi-Wan just walk in the barn door.

Because Obi had not heard the question he could not answer so he just stood there. Evidently Delbe thought he took too long to answer the question, not knowing that he couldn?t.

The boy?s owner cupped his right hand and swung it around with all his force, catching Obi-Wan on the side of the head. Obi-Wan fell to the ground and seemed ashamed to rise. He did not offer to get up until Delbe yelled the order to do so or face the consequences.

Qui-Gon knew enough about the relationship to know that the consequences meant another beating of some kind. He fisted his hands and tucked them in the underside of his robe. It was a natural reaction to quell the anger for this man before him and not to inflame it.

The Inn keeper had to reach down and jerk the boy up on his feet.

Obi-Wan turned his face up for only the second time in the two visits of the Jedi. He let his

16. Linari_Tanis

Nov 25, 2002
    :( Aww...Obi!!! *ignites saber* Oh Delbe... :mad:

I cannot wait until that ship arrives and Qui and Xanatos get Bant and Garen back...then Obi can leave and go to where he belongs....the temple!!! :D

17. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    2 great posts! I hope that something happens to the innkeeper.

How will Xantos react as his bond with Qui-Gon grows ever weaker, will he become jealous of Obi-Wan? And what is the mystery surrounding Obi-Wan's father? Is he dead and if so who killed him and is there really a debt for Obi-Wan to pay off?

18. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    Seems that Xanatos has not noticed that their bond has diminished. Jinn better play it cool before that innkeeper-slaver catches on, he might not be as stupid as he looks. 7

19. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Jedi7,P.Kitara & Jenny_Girl- thanx for your loyalty in reading my stories.Jenny what ever it is that keeps you so "on your toes",let me know.

velvet_elfin & Shay_Durron- thanx for posting and I hope you continue to. I think there will be action coming for those die-hard battle scene fans.

Obi_Jedi- All of you keep the feedback coming and I will be prompt with the post!!

Jedibear30- With all you do then manage to post. You remind me of the energizer bunny!!

Linari_Tani & Lt.Page- You two are the ones I want on my side if we ever went into to battle.

Thank You for reading. Sunday's post has Xani convincing Qui-Gon of a lot of untruths and you just may not like the big master so much then [so what's new].

I always like to make Qui an idiot at least part of the story because he acted like one in the Phantom Menace, casting Obi-Wan aside for Anikin.

PEACE ewen

20. Linari_Tanis

Nov 25, 2002
    I bet you couldn't believe how many times I've been told that people would love to have on there side during a fight... :D I think I'm getting subtle hints....

I'm not that violent am I??? ;)

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Just remembered.

By day tomorrow I will be an elf helping with the Cristmas party for the children of my company's employees.

By night I will be a "grown adult" for a change and go to an evening dinner party for us by our employer.

So here is your post tonight. If you like it tell me so with feedback!!
    ewen

#####

Nothing of any eventful nature happened for two days. Then everything became a buzz of excitement. First of all the Jedi arrived, Master Tahl and Master Weis. The were masters to Bant and Garen respectively. They asked for and received the assignment because of their concern for their kidnapped apprentices. Qui-Gon suspected they would be the masters to come and help him with regaining possession of the children.

The four Jedi went up to the mountains to see their friend on the pretext they would survey and measure the land for the piping to be laid. Once up their they spent the night and left the next day, but not before they saw the pirate ship arrive. Five men dressed in regular street clothes descended from the ship and headed for the Inn. Or at least Jinn thought that is where they would find them once they trekked back to the inn themselves.

Sure enough once they returned, Jinn could see the men where in the bar section of the dining area having a gay old time with abundance of drink in front of them. They were eager to meet the Jedi. They had not realized yet that the children were Jedi, because the padawans were smart enough to keep it secret. The pirates thought they could fool the Jedi and that the dumb masters would assume they were just business men.

After the meeting between all of them and the head of the slaver?s ring decidedthat the Jedi held no threat, Jinn and his group went to the dining area for mid-day meal. The others were content on drinking their nourishment.

Qui-Gon watched without being noticed as Obi-Wan ran from the bar to the dining area. He had been given the large task of serving both sides by himself. More than once he was cursed and yelled at for what the pirates saw as his slowness. In actuality the boy was quite speedy considering how many people he had to wait on. The Jedi waited patiently for their food. Unlike the pirates, they did not complain about the slow service. Nevertheless, that did not keep Delbe from reprimanding the boy for what he thought was his inability to keep up with his work.

Master Tahl had to grip Master Jinn?s hand and hold him to keep him in place when one of the pirates tripped Kenobi as he carried a pitcher of beer. The room broke out in a thunderous roar of laughter at the boy who fell.

"Qui-Gon you know you can?t interfere. Master Yoda orders remember. Bant and Garen?s lives are at stake here. I know you hate to see the child abused in such a way, but think for a moment what will happen to the two apprentices held by those cut throat pirates if you interfere and our cover is blown.?

Jinn pulled his hand away. He understood he could not say anything, but he did not like it.

What infuriated the master more than the child being tripped was the inn keeper?s accusation that it was the boy?s fault for being clumsy.

He watched as Delbe picked the boy up by his ear and threw him in the kitchen.

Jinn calmed down when he saw the child quickly return to clean the mess and continue serving.

Qui-Gon could see Obi-Wan pass Jinn an apologetic look.

What would he have to be sorry for?

Because I am a clutch Master. I deserve to be punished.

You know that we can communicate back and forth telepathically?

Yes since the first you day you arrived. I just didn?t know why or how? Do you know?

I am not sure, but we will have to find out won?t we?

I don?t guess it matters Master Jinn, I am here for a long time.

How long is that little one?

I think forever Master.

Master Weiss drew Master Jinn?s attention and Qui-Gon had to break his mental link with the little slave. However he was exhilarated after speak

22. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
  23. jedi7

Jan 8, 2002
    "Xanatos you are a genius", well here is where Jinn becomes the fool we all know and love. 7

24. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Grr, that innkeeper needs to die! :mad:

As for the bond, now Qui, don't be silly. You're gonna bond with Obi, so don't start.

Great post, ewen :D

25. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    7 I love your comments.
    They really do make my day sometimes.

Hey I told you I had to get in one bout of Qui stupidity or it just wouldn't be my story.

Jedi_Suzuran- My, Myyour faith in Qui-Gon's ability to know which one is the right boy to bond with astounds me. I never put that much faith in Qui. Then again you might be thinking that Obi-Wan can convince Qui he is the one that should bond with Qui. Thanx for FB

PEACE ewen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.