main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY November 21st Derby Bout

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Nardo, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    The roller girls are having a bout on November 21st they are calling "Scar Wars: Return of the Jammer". They are doing this because Shan and I have bugged them to death. So, I hope we don't have anything else that night, too much anyway, because I really would like to have our people troop this. Not sure what we will be doing so much at the bout, but I'm sure we could pick a charity if we like and they will donate part of the proceeds. That's all stuff we can work out later, but right now I would kind of like to get an idea of who would be interested.
    I think this could be really neat!
    Thanks guys!

2. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    I do as well, and would like to add that you would be trooping in front of a crowd of several hundred people, it'll be a blast! I'll be announcing the bout as Admiral Jackbar, and sev of our other members, barbie, shannon, and Josh) are already involved with the team. So don't miss out on this! pv

3. lil_trooper

lil_trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2007
    what time?

4. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Yes time and place please (with a street address for us out of towners please :))

5. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    This would be totally up to Ed, but I'd love to have Vader sing the national anthem. If not, a trooper that would sound the obligatory "chssshk" effect after every line in the song.

6. Paducah_Trooper

Paducah_Trooper Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2009
    Yah count me in on this one, I'm in the process of building and painting my first TK build. I hope I can get it done in time for this event.

7. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    What kind of kit did you get? What are you painting?

8. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    Sounds great guys!
    The address is:
    Paducah Regional Sportsplex
    6525 US Hwy 60
    Paducah KY 42001

Let me know if anyone needs real person directions if you don't have a tom-tom or gps thingamajigs.

The doors will open at 6:00 to the public and bout starts at 7:00. So, more than likely we will need people there at 5-5:30. Again, all this stuff is tentative but will be worked out as soon as possible and I will let you know.

Ed- we could record you singing, then play it while you "lip sync"... lol!
    I am so glad everyone is interested!

9. Paducah_Trooper

Aug 11, 2009
    I got ATA Armor and it comes right off the forming table, so I have to cut all the plastic, make it fit, then prime and paint it, then figure out a way to put it all together.

10. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    Is it not white already?

11. Paducah_Trooper

Aug 11, 2009
    yah, but I want it to look good :)

12. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    If it is made of white ABS I would seriously advise you not to paint it. ABS polish can do wonders.

13. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    I won't be going to this event.

14. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    Hey guys, can you post on here or text me and let me know if you are interested still as it gets closer, because I need to have a "get in" list for the door. I appreciate it.

15. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Haven't missed a bout yet. Count me in.

16. TKYTROOPER

Sep 18, 2005
    I will be there wearing my Ziro the Hutt outfit!

17. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    lmao! i will make you a ziro the hutt costume if you would wear it

18. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Ok, For all those who are complaining about our club not doing anything fun then you had better have a good reason for missing this event. This is not only a fun sport to watch but here are sev other reasons its gonna rock:
    It's Local! you don't have to go out of town, big plus!
    It's freakin SW night! How cool is that to have a local pro sport do a sw night, cmon!
    I'm announcin! Come watch me epically fail on the mic, its worth the price of admission!
    Thiers a bunch more but it boils down to this, this is exactly the kind of event that the non-costuming members of the club need, a fun sw event with an after party. I'm not kidding, if your on our boards complaing about lack of fun and you don't come to this then you really should'nt be posting such strong opinions. nuff said. pv

[image=http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/pacerpimp/ROTJ.jpg]

19. Wil_Sinistar

Wil_Sinistar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2006
    I will be in Indy that weekend or else I would be there. But, HOT DAMN! That is an epicly amazing flyer! Whoever made that is a genius and should be recognized for so many works of art...not just one in particular.

20. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    Just an update on this: The bout has been moved to the Expo Center by Executive Inn. You can plan on getting there anytime after 5:00. The doors open at 6:00. Bout starts at 7:00. If possible try to stay suited up till halftime, which is usually 8:00. Then we should be good. PLEASE try to let me know if you are planning on trooping this! I have to have a list ready at the door or you WILL NOT GET IN FOR FREE. Thanks.

21. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    Crap! I forgot all about this :( . How was it? I really meant to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.