main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO November meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi_runya, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I am starting this for Frank...

dates this month:
    3/4
    10/11
    17/18
    24/25 (Thanksgiving weekend)

November is tough for me, but Laura is coming in on the 3/4, so that would be an awesome weekend. I will be out of town 17/18 for the Star Wars exhibit in Chicago and 24/25 in the wilds of Kansas for Thanksgiving (well bird hunting).

2. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    You got sucked into the bird hunting trip again?[face_laugh] During Thanksgiving?

I vote for the weekend that Laura will be here. So far that's the only weekend that I know what I'm doing.

3. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Don't laugh... I will make you go with me. :p Oh the wilds of Kansas... and here I was looking forward to a real meal in Iowa this year. :(

4. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    If Laura will be in town - the 3/4 sounds good.

5. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Any ideas what we want to do? My house is open if we just want to meet up... or we could meet somewhere and do something tourist-ey... LOL

6. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm up for either. Just as long as I don't have to go up in that dang arch.;)

7. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I don't know how costly this thing is, but keeping with the season, how about a ghost tour of Alton, IL? http://www.hauntedalton.com/

8. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    eek, ok never mind that suggestion. I just found out how much they cost, and I think it may too pricey ($45!), that and they discriminate, no drunk people allowed. What fun is it to be scared out of your mind if you can't do it while drunk.:p

9. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    How would they know if we were drunk? I'd say the lot of us are pretty well composed in that state. [face_laugh]I'd love to go do that!

That body exhibit dealy is going on at the Science Center, I think. I wanna see that too.

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I don't know that I am that keen on the Body Works exhibit, but I am game if that is what everyone wants. Because really I can't think of anything else that would be cheap and fun. :p

I can't afford $45 right now, kind of in debt with my husband... but I would love to do that some day. I wish there was something like that but cheaper available.

11. Imperial_Sniper

Imperial_Sniper Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2007
    hey everybody,
    ok, first off, i'm really really REALLY sorry that i haven't been very active these past few months, but i've been kept busy in my hectic life outside... between finding a job, playing the part of relationship consoler and starting up a new venture of tailoring, i'm suprised i've had time to get sick... lol. anyway, enough babbling from me, i would love to get togather with everyone... i'm up for anything as long as it's not too pricey.

12. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Welcome back! We all understand the demands of RL. :D

13. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Real life? What's that? My fantasy life is more fulfilling.;) By the way I need everyone to send their address so I can send you wedding invitations. Jake Gyllenhaal finally asked me to marry him.

14. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    Congratulations! oooo, i love weddings... they're so fun... unless you're in my family, then it's a very controlled riot! [face_laugh] heehee, we almost had the police at my sister's wedding, so fun. anyway, will it be themed or traditional?

15. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    LOL! Did you look to see who I said I was marrying? (Themed, of couse.[face_laugh])

16. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    She is living her fantasy life now... LOL Gotta run, the car Ewan sent just pulled up. :p Good luck Amy! :D

17. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    [face_plain] is it abit sad that i've no idea who that is? ... oh wait, was that the actor who played anikin? if not, still lost... can't say i miss my mind because it was gone before i realized it was there lol. anyway, have we all decided yet what we're doing for november's meeting?

18. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    hehe, I really don't know who he is either, other than Amy likes him. :D

And the only suggestion is the Body exhibit at the Science Center... and I am not sure how much that is.

19. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    i went wnadering about the internet, and found the science center homepage, and went to their link describing the show, here's a link to that...

and i went through the site and found this below, basically you have to preorder a ticket (or tickets, i believe you can order multiples) and it's about $18 us or so...

hopefully this works... lol

anyway, thought i'd put that up there. ^_^

20. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    *gasp* Hasn't anyone seen The Day After Tomorrow, or Donnie Darko, or....

Jake Gyllenhaal

=Fiance [face_laugh]

21. Lord_Tojo

Lord_Tojo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2005
    Brokeback Mountain

nuff said

[face_sick]

22. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    You would bring that up...:p

Maybe we could just do the Science Center and do the body exhibit before or after the actual meeting. I haven't been there for awhile. And I think food should be involved somehow.:D

23. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    Last time i was there (two years ago as a school provided senior day) they had a whole range of food places at the science center, so we could do food there. question, have we decided on a date yet? i'm seeing the third/fourth weekend as the popular choice... i've no objections, my schedule is pretty open in the early of the the month.

24. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Sorry guys, this last week was a busy one for me... but only one more week and I will be totally done, well except the look for a job part. LOL

But how about we meet officially at 2 or 3? I would rather do dinner somewhere else, just to save money (my motto lately, :p ). There is a BBQ place down on Hampton I have always wanted to try, but there are lots of places around there, if someone has a better idea. :D

25. Imperial_Sniper

Apr 2, 2007
    i've no objections, (or better ideas lol) i guess what i was really asking though, was that are we meeting saturday or sunday?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.