main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSC - are we ready?

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by rebeljediknight_88, Nov 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    I thought this would be a useful thread to have so people could post their final arrangements on i.e. who they are coming with, what costumes they have with them, what props etc etc.

i will be coming in my normal costume as Anakin Skywalker (ghost - orininal trilogy DVD). and ill have me Mace Windu FX lightsaber too. me mum and dad are driveing me up (the wall) but wont be coming in with me.

i look forward to seeing you guys there. it sounds like we will be close to each other because we wont be able to move lol.

2. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Dave, I was awaiting confirmation before posting this. :rolleyes:

Anyway, those of us who are setting up the table, and the equipment will be there early to get everything sorted for the day. We should be arriving sometime around 7:30am, plenty of time before you guys arrive - yeah, we're off to an early start! :p

All you have to do is keep an eye out for us, but I'm sure if you ask one of the staff of the NSC, I'm sure they will be happy enough to point you in the right direction. When was everyone making it down to the NSC? Was this confirmed at all? I can't remember.

We are planning to hold a similar sort of table at the NSC like what we had for the Signatopia event, where people could come up to us, talk to us and find out what we are about, watch fan films, look at the FX sabers, etc.

Also, some good news. For those who thought the comic-strip was dead, fear not. It's back...sort of. :)

Dave and I were discussing what was going on for Saturday in terms of working with the kids at the event, which we have cleared with Phill who now has his equipment back, and is graciously bringing along to the event. Obviously, the comic-strip idea has stalled before implimentation, however, we now have a back-up plan that we are going to try out at the event. Instead of doing a comic-strip for this event as originally intended, we are going to try standard one-off images for the children using the same method of having them photographed againsts a chromakey screen, and then removed from the background, and dropped against new background scenery.

We could do with one or two people pitching in here looking for suitable backdrops so we have something to drop the kids on to, eg. Coruscant, the Death Star Throne Room, etc...

Hopefully, I will have more information to give before Saturday, so keep an eye out. :)

3. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    we will arrive early enough to get in (hopefully anyway, as leicester is a notorious maze :p and i have no idea how to get there) and be able to see as much as possible (that's we as in the entire clan Wiz, including brother of Wiz and his brood), and we will wonder around frantically for the day trying to keep control of the mini-Wiz's.

sandwiches will also be involved at some point.

and pop.

oh and probably some shouting at the kids.

:)

4. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Well I'll be there for set up then. 7.30 am the day after my B'day ! Bringing BIG make up bag. I take it you 'll be wanting my FX there? Any thing else?

5. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i love the way that i am suddenly ur partner in crime mark!! lol.

anyways, thanks for reminding me to be there extra early because of the ques.

Ves - is there any chance i could borrow you lightsaber for a bit on saturday to go with the costume and all? u can use my Mace Windu one :D

i look forward to meeting the Wiz clan.

hey this might be a bit cheeky but do u think if we got there early enough u guys could get us in and get out tickets etc and put any props on display.

also what are you expecting me to do? and if we find any pictures where do we send em?

6. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Dave, when I said that we were turning up early, that was basically myself, Phill and Verity who will be setting up the stall ready for you guys to come by.

7. TK0282

TK0282 Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2005
    Guys

Just read through some of the posts Here,

In all honesty i really dont so the need for you guys to be on site this early 8.30ish would leave you plenty of time to be ready.
    However feel free to pop along at stupid oclock if you feel this is of benefit

8. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    If I may post my 2 cents...

You should only need an hour to setup a table, hell I setup my table at CIII in under 30 minutes every morning.

Hopefully this way you can all get some extra sleep before the big day. :D

9. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    all hail to that ! I'm planning on having a few drinks tonight. the later tomorrow the better!

10. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    OK, I'd agree, 8:30 sounds like a much better prospect :D

Also has anyone got a set of PC speakers, you know the kind you plug into your sound card. Just might be better than the laptop speakers if we have some.

For tomorrow, I'm bringing the laptop, the printer (with some paper for doing a few test prints), my lightsabers, the banner, some posters.

What is anyone else bringing?

11. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    well I'll bring my FX and I can bring my starwars standees if you want .

the only speakers I have are the ones i plug into my cd player I take when travelling.

12. trinitytrashuk

trinitytrashuk Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2005
    Hello guys, Space Centre Mission Control here!

Just to let you know a few things about the Star Wars weekend and more importantly what we have organised for you guys.

As you are no doubt aware, this will be a very busy event (sold all advanced tickets and have added more today!)

We have offered you a table site to promote Fan Force Midlands and three exhibitor passes.

Your site will be in the Star Wars Market, with Shepperton Design Studios, the Millennium Falcon display, Activision and all the traders.

The room has a sound system and music will be playing all weekend (supplied by UK Garrison), so you won't need to worry about who has speakers.

Can you also check with the Garrison before continuing with the photo stand idea, as they are already bringing one and it would be bad form to compete with them, they use this to raise money for charity.

Other than that, I hope you all have a great day, get to meet all the stars, talk to lots of people and increase your group numbers.

Any problems with any of this, let me know - apparently its good to talk ;)

13. SEVEREDARM

SEVEREDARM Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2005
    Hi guys,[:D] havent been on this board for ages due to mega work commitments, I shall also miss the NSC because of said work too, but c'est la guerre![face_peace] However, it stands to be a great gig, so lap it up!! I mentioned on the UKG board about the amount of people who had asked me about the NSC, knowing I was a trooper and all, so I just recommended they go along and see!! Have a great time folks!! And post pics!!:D
    Neil TKPRED:cool:
    Severed Arm Productions

14. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    thinking how crowded it was last time i may have to take the hem up on my Leia dress, I dont want people treading on it !

15. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    i have a spare set of surround sound pc speakers that plug in with phono sockets. but going on what has been posted above; will they be any good to you and do you want me to bring them?

16. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Have a great time everyone, have a drink for me afterwards. ;)

17. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Dave, thanks for the offer mate, but based on what was said above I think you're right, not really gonna be appropriate for this event. They'll just have to watch the films on silent! LOL!

Interesting on the photo booth idea as well. Perhaps it isn't something we should do at a UKG organised event, since they are doing photos for charity. What does everyone else think?

18. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    could we do it for another charity, like children in need or something? or would this create a conflict of interests scenario?

19. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    As it is the UKG's event, i.e. organised by them, we don't really want to be in competition with them, as they are raising money. Because the technology isn't proven yet for what we want to do, we were going to do some test shots for free rather than raise money, which would probably affect the UKG's fund-raising efforts.

Instead, what I might do is get some test shots of Mark, Meeka etc after we've got ready for V's party and test the entire process out ready for the next event that we, as the FF-UK, perform.

20. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    may i make a suggestiong about the picture thing.
    how about setting ours up in conjunction with the UKG so that only people who have paid the money to the UKG one can have one on ours. this means they have a few pics and more people will want to go on the UKG one.

21. Happy Ninja

Mar 20, 2000
    Evening, all. Sorry for not responding to everything last night, but I was feeling very under the weather - Heck, I didn't even go to work this morning, I was that rough. [face_sick]

Dave, that's probably not a good idea. Like Phill said, we don't want to be in competition with the UKG as what they are doing is for a serious cause, whereas, we are only doing it for promotion purposes, and to get children involved. It might be best if we leave it for now, and as forementioned, we can test what we need to do before going ahead with a final thing.
    That is a chuffing good offer! Thank you!

Dave, if you could bring your speakers down with you, just in case, that might be the best thing. I doubt we would have anything on loud, anyway. :)

22. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    That's a good suggestion Dave, but I'll be honest and say that I'm not sure about linking in with the UKG on this, from the simple viewpoint that we haven't even proven the ability to do this yet. Originally it was just gonna be a few test pics done on the day, perhaps with a couple of kids in costume. After the NSC mentioned not being in competition with the UKG, I could see what they meant, and because I can't yet gaurantee how these will look, I don't want to hook it onto the UKG who already offer a pretty professional piece of work.

Am I just being too negative?

Part of what needs to be remembered here is that, despite being invited to take part by the UKG, we are not part of them. Asking to ride in on their tails from a photo viewpoint is not what I want for the FF-UK.

But please, is anyone feels strongly about this let me know. I'm just wary of pushing this too hard at this particular event. I'd like to get some live testing done, but not at the expense of our fledgling relationship with the UKG.

23. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    thats fine. it was just an idea that i thought would benefit the UKG and be a sort of thank you by getting more people onto their picture site.

i have some speakers but they need power from the mains to run but they are loud.

the celeb list looks good though. saturdays going to be excellent!!

24. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    its nearly 11pm.
    i am just about ready - ill do the scar with a pen in the morning and i have my robes packed!

see you guys 2moz.

May the Force be with us all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.