main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index NSWFF Beta Index - For All Your Beta-y Needs! *OPEN*

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by NSWFF-BetaIndexSock, Aug 25, 2010.

1. NSWFF-BetaIndexSock

NSWFF-BetaIndexSock Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2010
    This index is a thread for all dealings to do with beta readers and those who want them. In order to be registered in the index, you either need to post here or send a PM to this sock with the details.

The format for readers is:

Username:
    Fandom:
    Details:

If you will beta for more than one fandom then include them all with the prefered fandom at the top. For example, I might like Buffy and Firefly, so I'd put:

Username: Example
    Fandom: Firefly
    Details: Ship tech
    Fandom: Buffy
    Details: Vampires

And so on.

Please note that you will get unsolicited PMs from people wanting fics beta read.

There is also an index for people who are looking for beta readers. The sign up for this list is the same as the reader sign up.

2. NSWFF-BetaIndexSock

Aug 25, 2010
    Beta Readers:

3. NSWFF-BetaIndexSock

Aug 25, 2010
    People Wanting Beta Readers:

4. NSWFF-BetaIndexSock

Aug 25, 2010
    Welcome, this thread is officially open!

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Thank you so much for starting and running the index! [:D]

6. benskywalker22

benskywalker22 Jedi Padawan

Feb 7, 2010
    I need two beta readers, to read a fan fic that I wrote for fanfic.theforce.net. I hae all ready tried to request two beta readers, from the fanfic website and not one has gotten back to me. The story is about Ben and Jysella and how their parents found out they were married, can I please get two beta readers to help me.

Thanks[face_thinking]

7. benskywalker22

benskywalker22 Jedi Padawan

Feb 7, 2010
    I also have another story that needs beta reading for the fanfic.theforce.net. This is a story that I wrote, and in this one Ben and Luke's relationship is a little strained because of the death of Luke's infant grandchildren, and then Ben and Jysella have taken in a set of triplets, and Luke does not know that these children are his biological grandchildren from Ben, and when he finds out his reaction says it all. I think this is a good story I just need a couple of beta readers who are on www.fanfic.theforce.net to beta read it for me

Thanks

You can email me at
    sarahriding@yahoo.com or pm me here.

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    THis forum is actually JUST for Non-Star Wars works. For a beta for a Star Wars story, you should go to the index here.

9. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey there all,
    I'm willing to beta read anything, but any fandoms I'm not familiar with I'd just be checking spelling, grammar, wording and the flow of the story. Obviously I don't always have time to read but flick me a PM with some details and I'll let you know if I can help you out.

Here's the fandoms that I'm familiar with:
    * Firefly
    * Dr Who
    * Battlestar Galactica (RDM
    * Mass Effect 1 & 2
    * Stargate (SG1 & Atlantis)
    * Dr Horrible
    * Wicked - the Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Musical)

10. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    I guess I will give this a try.

I am getting ready to do another epic story: part two of my Superman trilogy.

Knowledge of Superman is not at all needed. In fact, Superman is a very easy since it's in modern times, and there is no special jargon to it. I am doing most of the research, and everything on my own. I am just looking for a beta reader who can check me for punctuation and grammar mistakes. My grammar software can only do so much.

I will start it soon, and hope to start posting by February. My plan is to do 1 maybe 2 chapters a week. If anyone can help me, I would be greatly appreciative.

11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm looking for a beta for a very short 3-page or so LOST vignette. It's predominantly Claire/Charlie.

12. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Well, this thread has not been really moving alone, but I'll say it anyway. I have found a beta reader for my story.

13. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    I am going to be working on a new How to Train Your Dragon story, and I could really use a beta reader for this story when the time comes to start writing it. I mostly need help with grammar and punctuation.

14. Lady_Jade

Lady_Jade Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    I'm looking for a beta for my first crossover story. It is an Avatar: The Last Airbender/Sailor Moon crossover, with the majority of the story set in the ATLA universe. I mainly need help with characterization and flow, because this is my first time writing for both fandoms. The basic plot line is that Pluto and Roku send Rei to help Zuko with his struggles. If you're interested and want to know more just PM me!

Ideally, I would like a beta who is familiar with both ATLA and Sailor Moon.

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    He's not on the beta list, but I know RK_Striker_JK_5 follows both fandoms; he might be able to help (or suggest someone).

16. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    I still have time before getting to my new HTTYD story, but I keep an eye out in here, hoping to find someone to be able to help me with grammar and punctuation beta work.

UPDATE 5/31/11: I think you can cancel this request. I think I found a beta reader from FF.Net who will help me with HTTYD: The Outcast Lands

17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Bumping this for anyone who might need a beta/volunteer to beta!