main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.K. I gave my child a Star Wars Name...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by midichloriless, Aug 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    LOL! [face_laugh]

Anyway, I think the cool SW names (that are not so weird) are for example, Luke, Leia, Jacen, Jaina, Corran, Mara, Ben, Han... :D

2. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    If I had a girl, it would be Jysella. I think that name is soooo cool.

Valin Zahn
    Jysella Zahn

Very good. They actually even sound good.

3. midichloriless

midichloriless Jedi Grand Master

Aug 9, 2000
    Wow, Glad to know my husband and I aren't the only ones out there with a star wars named child. We chose Jade as her middle name because it wasn't an obvious star wars name, but we would know where it came from.

By the way my husband has always wanted twin girls...and thinks that naming them Leia and Jaina is absolutely great!

As for our next child, we'll have to debate about that.

4. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    That is soooo cool! I don't really think about what I'm gonna call my kids if I have any. I'm only 15...

5. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Start planning now... ;) You'll have plenty of time to decide!

P.S.: Has anyone thought of naming their kid Xizor? Or Tarkin, or Palpatine, or VADER, or Jorus, or Exar, or Ulic, or Maul? :D :) ;) :p

6. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    My son was born two weeks ago. I named him Ganner.

7. CheelPlaysBandfill

CheelPlaysBandfill Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2001
    i like Star Wars names a lot, but i don't think it's a good idea to name my kid Luke, Anakin or anything else - not until the PT is finished. Well, i'm still young (17), and i guess that when i'll be mature enough to raise a child, giving him a Star Wars name is not out of the question. But not too obvious names, i'm rather thinking of Corra, Mara, etc.
    anyway i plan to call my bird Peko Peko (that flying thing seen on Naboo in TPM). Not so bad, to begin with hm?

8. TheJediJeff

TheJediJeff Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    I love Star Wars, but I love my kid enough to realize that she may grow to hate Star Wars and I respect that completely. I won't shame anyone who did this, but my kid and her name is of a level of importance that trancends everything else, and leaves Star Wars in the dust.

When my kid grows up and asks me why I named her something Star Warsish, I'd be so ashamed of myself for treating her like an action figure.

JediJeff

9. CheelPlaysBandfill

CheelPlaysBandfill Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2001
    i agree Jedi Jeff. The point is: what if you love a name so much that you want your kid to have it? Not specifically Star Wars, but for example, my best friend's name is Christophe, cause 18 years ago there was that famous french singer named like that. His parents loved the name (and, ok, the singer), and there we go! his name is Christophe. I mean, Anakin is a beautiful name. The only problem is, it's really connoted (sp?). Just like Caesar, Adolf, or Scoobee-doo.

10. bagelpuss

bagelpuss Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    Guys, naming your kid after a SW character is a sure-fire way to make them HATE Star Wars for the rest of their lives! I have a friend named Lea (lee-ah, not lay-ah) and she got teased her whole life. Needless to say, she can't stand SW.

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Yeah, I think that if I would name my child after sw, I wouldn't pick an obvious sw-name, for example Anakin. But I think I would like to call a future daughter Eirtae in middle name, and people who don't know sw don't know where it comes from.

12. selkieschild64

selkieschild64 Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2001
    There are plenty of names in SW that are actual names...Mara, Jade, Ben, Luke, Owen, to name a few. You don't have to name your kid Yoda to give him/her a SW name.
    My last child was supposed to be Luke, but we decided against it because it *was* too SW, and we didn't want him to get teased. Funny, because I wanted to name him Luke because I liked the name, not because of SW.

Kelly

13. Darth_Flip

Darth_Flip Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2001
    Iknow some one who named there kid Winter.

14. Rogue-Leader

Rogue-Leader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    I'm naming my kid Jar Jar.

15. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    im thinking bout 3-po, chewie, captain tarpals,bantha, rancor, or 1138 ;)

16. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    I have a friend who jokes about his first child will be named Luke Sky Walker.

17. Ace-777

Ace-777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2001
    If I have a boy his name will be Jacen.
    If I have a girl her name will be Mara.

18. Jedi_Master_Arra

Jedi_Master_Arra Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 13, 2001
    Hey, I'm only 13, but i think i'll name my kids Arra, (it's not my real name) Jaina, or Jade for the girls, and I really like Luke as a boy's name. If I had another boy I'd name him Brian (no SW connections there that I know of; I just like the name) :) :p

19. BobaFett0000

BobaFett0000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2001
    I would name my son Boba-Jango Fett for his two first names and his middle name. ;)

20. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I'd probally name my son around the lines of Luke or Luka or Lucas

21. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Hmmm...

I love the name Jacen (how it's spelled) and for a girl, Jaden. My mom actually wants to name her next daughter Jaden, and said we could call her Jade for short. And no one's the wiser but us.
    Talon is a really unique name; but it might get some funny looks.
    If my mom doesn't have the "Jaden", I'll use that name for a girl, and Jacen for a boy.

22. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    I'd name my kid Mace but then he'd be required to be tall, black and a badass.

Not necessarily - he could be short, white, and a wimp.

Gotta love them Ewok movies. :p

23. Darthmcm

Darthmcm Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    I should have named my twin daughters Artoo and Detoo instead of Krystal and Mariah.

24. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    if i were to name my kids with a starwars name, it would be the middle name. first name is a bit much, but having a bad middle name is like a rite of passage.

i'd probably chose something like eirtae, where it's not that obvious except if you know star wars

25. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Wil; "You know the drill, leave a message..."

*Beep!*

"Hello; This is Jerjerrod`s teacher calling again sir, I`m sorry but your boy`s been in another fight. The police want you to come down to correctional services to see your boy....Apparently he drew a gun this time..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.