main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Obi-Wan Challenge Stories - Closed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww that was great! Eating, drinking, and talking ove a campfire. Hey juz the right season too! Camping season!!! [face_dancing]

Great! Loved how the two were discussing future Padawans. How sad too :(

Great work!!

2. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    darksideyesplease~ [face_laugh] I wonder if Obi-Wan figured out the real reason why Anakin was smiling?

jodiwent~ That was nice talking about future padawans. What should have been. :D

:eek: I can't believe all the posts in just one day and I haven't had a bunny even bite yet. :(

3. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Dear Force, He Will Be the Death of Me

It had started out as a good day; well as good as they often got this late in the war with the Separatists. It had been a quiet day, Obi-Wan more accurately thought. Yes, he often enjoyed the quiet days. They seemed so rare. Anymore the quiet was constantly shattered by the sound of blaster bolts and cannons exploding.

Which was why, at the moment, he felt a little odd not appreciating the solitude. It really was a gift as he often enjoyed reflective periods that gave him a new appreciation and insight to the world around him. He always noticed things that were normally lost in the rush of day-to-day activities, like the fact that the High Council chamber seriously needed painting.

And dusting.

For a time, he studied the chipped and flaked bits of alabaster near the top of the vault with his one good eye. The other, to the best of his knowledge was swollen shapeless and closed.

Strange, he dully thought, he had never really noticed the tile starburst tile that covered the gentle curves of the ceiling. Then again, he had never had the opportunity to really lay back and study it no matter how often he had been in the chamber.

Not that he ever considered lying down in the middle of the chamber floor and staring up. Of course, he never thought he would sit among the circle of masters, rather always be relegated to standing in the center.

He did consider rolling onto his side and crawling to his chair. It would certainly be more appropriate than his current position. The thought faded fairly quickly, as his head hurt too much to move it. He swore his brains were still sloshing about inside his skull.

It was best just to lie perfectly still until the pain went away. After all, the Council had ended its session for the day, at least he thought, not quite sure how long he was out, and he would not be disturbed for a time.

Though he wondered if he should gather himself up a bit. He was still flat on his back with his limbs splayed out in every direction. It really was an unbecoming position for a master.

What if a youngling were to come in? Oh yes, that would be a bad example to set.

Funny thing was, he just could not bring himself to care. He should be excused after the day he had, even if it had started out good. Yes, there would be repercussions, there always were, but he decided, he could live with them when they came. Later. After his head stopped hurting.

He was certain the Council had laughed, quite loudly, at his expense. At least that was what he thought. He had not been quite conscious at the time.

Not that it was entirely a bad thing.

The grand doors of that sealed the Council chamber from the waiting area smoothly swung open. The breeze created by their movement, stirred the little arachnai webs that clung high on the vaulted ceiling.

Obi-Wan frowned as they shifted about above him. He spoke slowly, "I really thought I was safe once you were knighted, but it is now clear that you are determined to be the death of me."

"Don't say that, Master," Anakin Skywalker said from his place in the open doorway. He stood tall and straight with a small, red-cased hover droid held under his right arm. His voice sounding wounded, "I would never intentionally hurt you."

Squeezing his good eye closed, Obi-Wan said, "You punched me."

"But it wasn't intentional."

"I have doubts about that."

"Master!"

Soft chortles wafted in from the waiting area. Obi-Wan frowned again. "Please close the doors."

"Yes, Master," Anakin obediently replied with the sweep of a hand and a hint of laughter in his voice.

A strange silence lingered between the two occupants. Sighing softly and offering a slight wince, Obi-Wan asked, ?So how long was I out??

?I?m not sure. They laughed for a long time, then they decided to let you sleep it off.?

?I was unconscious.?

A snort that was quickly cut short. ?Master Yoda did whack your pretty hard.?

Groaning, the Jedi reached up and gingerly brushed his fingers

4. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Great!! Oh that was funny too! Loved the fact that it was all due to a lil droid! [face_laugh] So typical of Anakin to act before thinking! 'Always on the move...' Gives it a whole new meaning. [face_laugh]

Great job! :) Poor Obi... he should make Anakin paint the ceiling/walls! ;)

5. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    JediMaster_Jen - Word spread throughout the base like wildfire. I bet it did! :D

ithesock - Stragglers on the street watched in surprise as the speeder whirled in a sudden, inexplicably drunken weave, before it righted itself, and zoomed off down the street. Poor Obi-Wan! How does he put up with all of Anakin's abuse?

darksideyesplease - ?I do not kiss up to Yoda. But perhaps you should try it sometime, it couldn?t hurt.? I really liked that. I imagine Anakin would be a little giddy when he came back.

jodiwent - "I'll stop when you can call me by my name with out the Pa-a-a in front of it." Old habits die hard - lol. That was sweet and sad in a way.

red_rose_knight - ?You got up this morning?? Isn't that the truth. Nothing like a little chaos to lighten up the mood in the Council chamber. ?Oh good, I was hoping for colors.? [face_laugh]

6. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    red

Lying on the Council room floor. [face_laugh] Poor Obi-Wan!

Very cute! :)

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Indra & MysteriousRaven13 , can I scream that you would turn Garen??? Not poor, sweet Garen??? And he killed Bant.. how could he?? HOw could you???

That was great heh, heh.

t_s & k_d.. well, those names work out well didn't they? :D Ha!!! All because he shouted at the wrong moment.. I love it! Now isn't that just original.. fighting ansd singing at the same time. and you ladies made it work!!

Ahh, you guys are already starting on the latest challenge.. I'm jealous!!

Noi, wonderful Obikin. Really felt sorry for Anankin having to plays oppsoite his maste's delusions... though perhaps He'll get sick next and roles will be reversed.

JediMaster_Jen, I've no doubt your viggie will be doin some great inspiring. :D :D The banter between them was wonderful, left me sad knowing what was to come.

ithesock, no cringingm allowed. That was hilarious. I had a feeling there was something weird going on.. Obi-Wan in a skirt.. too funny!!

darksideyesplease, nope, sorry, no cheese. Perfectly delightful and I wonder how much does OBi-Wan really know. Loved their banter.

Jodiwen, Awww... how I wish Anakin could have had a padawan. :( That was lovely, how heartbeaking we'll never see a future for them like that.

RRR, sweet dialog between those two. I really liked how Obi-Wan addressed Anakin's impulsiveness, wish he had thought more.

8. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    I may have to enter the writer protection program.

I don't know why I can come up with stuff for new things but not the things I am supposed to be working on. Oh well.

Here ya go. A little light on the banter perhaps...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Little AU Music

Obi-Wan leaned back on his elbows, his legs still dangling over the edge of the cliff-face. Anakin was already laying flat on his back watching the clouds in the brilliant blue sky. His legs, also dangling, were swinging idly back and forth slightly. Both were seemingly oblivious to the spray from the waterfall that was dusting the cliffside.

"That one looks like Master Yoda," Anakin's voice held a thread of mischief.

Obi-Wan leaned further back and searched the sky. "Which one?"

"That one."

"Even Master Yoda doesn't have that many bumps and bulges."

Anakin laughed.

The companionable silence returned for a bit. Then Obi-Wan broke it. "Now that one looks like Master Windu, with the sun glinting off the curve there, like it used to off his head."

"I'm going to tell him you said that."

"Good luck with that. We'll be lucky to talk to Master Yoda as you very well know."

Anakin's murmur of assent was barely audible over the waterfall. "It's the waiting I don't like." He said finally.

Obi-Wan looked over at his former apprentice and said, "This is all your fault you know."

"Mine! I'm not the one who told Master Windu we could handle it alone."

"I'm not the one who had secrets that needed to be kept from the Council."

"I wouldn't have had secrets to keep if you hadn't sent me off to guard her."

"I wouldn't have sent you off to guard her if you had been honest with me about your feelings."

After a pause, Anakin said, "I think it is Master Qui-Gon's fault."

"I wouldn't bring him into this if I were you."

"I'm sorry. I didn't really mean it."

"Not long now," Obi-Wan said. "Master Yoda was always a stickler for staying on his schedule."

"True, we should be able to contact him before too long. He and Master Windu are going to have to manage it alone."

"I hope they can. He's got rather formidible assistance."

"You're telling me! I still can't believe..."

"What? That Padmé was working with Palpatine all this time or that you were too infatuated to see it?"

"I was in love."

"Or you thought you were."

"Yes. I said I was sorry." Anakin's voice was a tiny bit petulant for the last sentence. then it returned to a more reflective tone. "She just... she seemed so sane and logical and it seemed like she loved me too.

"It didn't occur to you that putting you off while wearing a black leather corset dress might be a sign of a disturbed mind?"

"Sorry, Master, but my mind was a bit disturbed just then itself. I mean you saw her too."

"Not in a black leather corset dress."

"Just as well."

"True." Obi-Wan shuddered slightly. "I just can't believe how easily she played the Chosen One."

"Hey, that was about bringing balance to the Force. No one said anything about needing to know how to resist feminine wiles."

"It's interesting how every time you tell the story she gets more sneaky and you more innocent." Obi-Wan said.

"My vision keeps getting clearer?" Anakin answered, attempting an innocent tone but failing as usual.

"Well, certainly my view of you becomes clearer every minute." Obi-Wan said, and Anakin joined him in the laughter.

"It's time. I hope we can reach Master Yoda this time." Obi-Wan said after they had recovered from the giggles.

"You wouldn't happen to want some help with that would you?" The voice from behind them caused both men to sit up and whirl around.

"Qui-Gon!" Obi-Wan's face was ablaze with joy. "You found me?"

"It wasn't as hard as I had hoped, Obi-Wan. Now, scoot over Ani and let me sit down between you. Each of you take an arm and we will see what we can do."

Qui-Gon Jinn sat down between his former Padawan and his former Padawan's former Padawan, and lowered his head into a meditation pose. The other two J

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    LOL! They're all 3 dead! [face_laugh] I liked that! Loved the fact you had Padme working with Sidious! Opal should be happy about that one! [face_laugh]

Oh man... that was great! Loved the clouds bit! :D Great job KD!!

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That was soo much fun! I can't believe how fast all of you answered the challenge.

11. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    LOL. KD! [face_laugh]

You surprised me at the end with all of them turning out to be ghosts. :D

12. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    And here's me thinking the clue was too obvious.

I guess that it wasn't is a good thing.

KD

13. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    r_r_k...that was cute. :D. The Adventures of Obi the Cross-Eyed One. [face_laugh] . When will he learn to get used to Anakin's droids, I wonder?

KD...thou art as ingenious as ever. :D No, the clue wasn't obvious - and them vanishing at the end in a puff of mist was marvelous. :)

Shaindl, Kynstar, Jedikma, LuvEwan, Shadowolf, maychorian, Master_Noi, Healer_Leona..
    - thank you. Whew. I am glad. :D .

I wonder if another pb'll bite me?...

14. SapphireBloom

SapphireBloom Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2005
    RRK - that was so great! I loved the parts where Obi-Wan's brains are sloshing inside his skull. Too funny!

KD - that was fantastic! I loved that Padme was bad and Anakin was good! And the whole black leather corset thing cracked me up!

=D=

15. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    One Thing You Lack . . .

?It seemed so easy.? Anakin moaned, rubbing his forehead with his thumb and index finger.

?Well, now you know better,? Obi-Wan said with just a hint of smugness, arranging his pieces in a neat row on the edge of the table like tiny soldiers arrayed and ready to accept his commands.

Anakin scowled at Obi-Wan?s tidy little phalanx and glanced at his own scrambled pile of plastiform beasties, shoved to the side where they could not offend his eye unless he deliberately looked for them. ?You always were better at the mind trick,? he muttered.

?Are you accusing me of cheating?? Obi-Wan asked, a blue twinkle shining in a most frustratingly persistent way beneath his ragged gold-red hair. They hadn?t had a chance to get a trim for a couple of months, and it showed, though Obi-Wan somehow managed to keep his air of impeccable order despite worn garments and over-long hair.

Anakin himself, the young man suspected grumpily, probably continued to look slovenly even after hours of grooming, at least compared to this irritatingly well-kempt general of the Republic.

?Cheating, Master? No, never. Course not. Wouldn?t dream of it. Silly. It saddens me that you would even think that I would accuse you of such deception. My best, oldest, most trusted friend. Absolute nonsense.? Anakin paused, sucking his lower lip.

Obi-Wan nodded, making tiny adjustments to his little army, shaping the line until it was precisely straight.

Anakin leaned forward slightly. ?You weren?t, were you??

?Of course not!?

?Oh, right. Of course.? The young Knight leaned back, his arms crossed over his chest, the gold one?somewhat dulled now after weeks on this wet, moldy world?humming in mechanical discontent.

With a sick-sounding plop, a large drop fell from the soggy ceiling above and landed on Anakin?s cheek, causing him to flinch. He glanced up at the ceiling with an exasperated sigh, studying the gray-splotched adobe for a hole, but there were none. The once-water-tight clay material was simply saturated from the unending rains, and minute cracks all through it allowed moisture to seep through anywhere, at any time.

Most annoying.

Anakin lowered his eyes to glower at the table between the two Jedi, rickety and dark with rot. He wished Commander Cody would get back with that reconnaissance. They?d been waiting all afternoon for news. Not that they would do something once they got it. Most likely they would just study it for weaknesses, make a few clever observations and refine their long-term strategy once more, then decide to wait for the next report.

The thing Anakin hated about waiting out sieges was . . . the waiting.

And Obi-Wan just sat there with that small, infuriating grin, twinkling at him. ?Why, my dear Padawan, I do believe you?re sulking.?

?Did you miss the knighting ceremony? I?m not your Padawan anymore.?

Obi-Wan?s expression softened. ?Anakin, you will always be my Padawan.?

A warm gushy feeling surged through Anakin, but he shook it away with a scowl that wasn?t quite as convincing as the earlier version. ?Have it your way. But I am not sulking.?

?Your mood has been steadily worsening all afternoon. I?d say that it definitely counts as a sulk, now.?

?It?s high dudgeon.?

?Ah. Of course. That?s why you look like a three-year-old preparing to have a hissy fit.?

Surprised out of his irritation, Anakin gaped at his former master. ?Where do you pick up all this Outer Rim slang??

?Well, I have been living with a child from the Outer Rim for the past thirteen years.?

?I don?t think I ever used that one, though.?

?No, but your mother did.?

?And then I suppose Master Qui-Gon passed it on??

?Your reputation for hissy fits precedes you.?

Anakin sighed and stared at the table, suddenly feeling deflated. Obi-Wan studied him, rearranging his pieces into a column.

?You know, I think I like it better when you sulk.? The question was unspoken, but clear between them. What?s troubling you, young one?

The young Knight

16. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    These have all been great! =D= Wish I had time to reply to each individually but I'm so far behind. [face_worried]

Keep em coming!

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Well done Padawan! :D I loved this one!

Poor Anakin not quite getting the 'think ahead bit' which the poor boy still had trouble doing [face_laugh] And patience and waiting... 2 things that do not go with Anakin Skywalker! Nope not one bit!

What a way to pass a rainy day! ;)

18. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Nicely done, May! I liked the easy comraderie between them. :)

19. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    k_d - I really enjoyed that, especially Obi-Wan's remarks about Anakin sounding more innocent every time he talks about it.

maychorian - hissy fits [face_laugh] - that was a great picture of Obi-Wan just sitting there lining his pieces up, listening to Anakin complain about not being able to win.

20. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Oh, these are all fantastic. I'm still trying to come up with a bunny, and you all are just churning them right out.

Noi That was both funny and touching. I laughed when Obi-Wan thought that Anakin was Siri.

Jedi_Master Jen LOL! I can actually picture the two of them arguing about who is better looking.

ithesock undercover, cross dressing Obi. [face_laugh]
    And he is the prettiest.

darksideysplease LOl! Anakin's having a good time recalling the honeymoon, isn't he?

jodiwent Awww. That was beautiful. Makes me wish things really did turn out that way.

rrk LOL @ Oh good, I was hoping for colors

That was so Obi-Wan and Anakin, and you seem to have a way with droids and humor.

K_D Feeling as I do about Padme, I probably don't have to tell you that I got a real laugh out of yours.

It didn't occur to you that putting you off while wearing a black leather corset dress might be a sign of a disturbed mind

LMAO!

maychorian Great job! Very in character...Anakin just might be stubborn enough to try to go "best sixteen out of thirty."

edit* Oops. forgot darksidey

21. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    I really love all these Obikins! They just keep me laughing, which is great after seeing ROTS.

22. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Hey Padawan you should write and submit an Obikin,too. :)

23. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    may...that was great. Nice work :)

Another li'l pb bit me...or maybe not. o_O

Ascension

Two cloaked figures sat on the gracefully curved marble seats meant for special visitors, tactfully situated in a corner of the passageway that led to the Council Chambers. One sat quietly, with arms clasped into the folds of his cloak, red-gold head bent as though in contemplation. The other was visibly restless; as evidenced by the fact that he rose, walked a few paces, sat down at the seat, ran long fingers through straggling blond hair, and then rose again.

?Anakin, control yourself, and stop tramping up and down the passage. You?re making me dizzy.?

Knight Skywalker turned to look at his former master, and pursed his lips. ?Aren?t you nervous??

Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi raised his head, his mouth quirking into a smile. ?Jedi Masters are never nervous.?

?Liar.? Anakin?s response was one that implied long association, and the ease and familiarity that came with it. ?You are nervous.?

The smile widened, and blue-green eyes glittered. ?Trying to throw off your own nervous energies, are you??

Anakin grinned. ?Gah. I was hoping?? he paused. ?I?m really hoping this turns out well.?

?It will be as the Force wills.?

?The Force had better will it well, then. I?d hate it if something happened to?to??

?Anakin,? began the master, in what the erstwhile apprentice had privately labelled as his ?long-suffering? voice. ?While I appreciate your concern on my behalf, I must ask you to stop.?

?Jangled nerves??

Obi-Wan folded his lips, freed his hands from the sleeves of his cloak, and made a vaguely threatening motion?an action which seemed to spark glee in his former padawan. ?I knew it! Now, release your agitation into the Force?? Anakin waggled his fingers. ??and prepare to meet thy doom.?

?One more insane remark?and you will meet your own doom, at my hands.?

Anakin made an exaggerated gesture of horror. ?If only they knew your murderous urges??

?They would sympathise with me intensely?as I?m sure they have, all these years.?

As was usual, Anakin?s mood changed swiftly. ?You?re not thinking that way, are you??

Obi-Wan did not pretend to misunderstand the meaning in those words. ?I never have, and I?m not planning to start at this late date.? He looked up, eyes twinkling. ?It would be pointless now, don?t you think?? he murmured?

?and swatted away a mild Force push that threatened to ruin the orderly waves of his hair. ?Anakin, cease with these childish tricks. What?s gotten into you??

Anakin flopped down on the seat. ?Don?t you see? I?m worried.?

Obi-Wan raised an eye-brow. ?That has been patently obvious. I see no reason for it, however. Do remember that you?re a knight, now?? he ignored the groan. ??and make me proud.?

?I intend to,? replied the gangly knight, trying to achieve some semblance of comfort on the hard marble seats, which were not meant to provide any. ?It?s just that?? he paused. ?Everything?s going to change now, isn?t it??

?Assuming that things go the way you think they will?I don?t see much change, no.?

Anakin sat up, fingers fiddling with the fastenings of his cloak. ?You don?t? Really??

Suddenly the image of a well-trained adult Jedi vanished, to be replaced by the small, uncertain boy from a little dust-heap of a planet, and despite himself, Obi-Wan raised a hand to ruffle the knight?s hair. ?So that is the real reason, is it?? he paused, eyes taking in the young man beside him, and feeling a swell of pride. ?You, of all people, should know that nothing of the kind will happen. Nothing will change. I will be the same, my padawan?though I suspect that it is you who will change.?

?No,? Came the vehement answer. ?I?ll be the same, always.? Anakin looked up. ?I don?t know if this is the time or place?but I?d like to tell you that I?m grateful. For everything.?

?Thank you. The feeling?s mutual.?

The mood passed, as Obi-Wan had known it would, and Anakin changed to

24. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh, kriff. Now he?ll get to grill me on all those reports too.

[face_laugh]

That was cute. It was Obi-Wan's appointment and Anakin was nervous. Good job. :)

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! Loved it! Hehehehe yes Anakin, now he will get to be an annoying Councilor!!

Excellent ithesock!! Loved it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.