main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Obi-Wan Challenge Stories - Closed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay here is mine. :D Thanks to Noi for looking it over. [:D]

Another Round

?Anakin, my friend, I feel the need to pass on the wisdom of my own former Master,? Obi-Wan said as he put his empty glass down on the table. ?They are nothing but trouble.?

?Qui-Gon said that??

?He did, and truer words were never spoken.? There was a minute slur in Obi-Wan?s core accent.

Anakin shook his head. ?I don?t know, Obi-Wan. Both you and Master Qui-Gon were raised in the Temple and that had to have protected you from ever having fallen in love.?

?Wait a minute, Anakin. What makes you think I have never fallen in love? Or Qui-Gon, either, for that matter. I would suspect that most Jedi have fallen in love at some time, it is a fairly natural thing.?

Anakin looked across the table at his former Master with a shocked expression on his face. ?You?ve been in love, Obi-Wan??

?That, I have,? he nodded. ?And with the most dangerous woman in the galaxy. She would be trouble even if the Code permitted marriage.?

Anakin started to laugh. ?I just find that so hard to believe. Who?who is she? Do I know her??

A sloppy grin crossed Obi-Wan?s face. ?Know her, you do.? Obi-Wan paused and stared at his friend. ?But the point is, no matter how much you may be attracted to the opposite sex, they are still nothing but trouble.?

Anakin motioned to a server. ?You?re not going to tell me who she is, are you, Obi-Wan?? Obi-Wan shook his head in reply. Anakin smiled determinedly. ?Looks like we need another round of drinks, if we?re going to share some more secrets.?

Obi-Wan ran a hand over his bearded chin. ?Sounds good, but I still intend to keep some information to myself.?

Seated at a secluded table in a private establishment, the two Jedi had accidentally run into each other that evening. It was odd that of all the places on Coruscant, they both decided to go there. Then again maybe it wasn?t so coincidental, since it was one of the few places they could enjoy without the holonet people following them. The owner of the place knew the Jedi and he was strict about any intrusions by the holoreporters.

Anakin watched as a waitress sauntered over to their table and gave the two men a flirty smile. ?Can I get you something, Master Jedi??

?Another round for me and my friend, please.? Anakin returned her smile but made an effort not to be overly friendly.

As the waitress walked away, Anakin leaned towards Obi-Wan. ?I can see where some of them could be real trouble, Obi-Wan, but surely not all of them. I mean, love really is a wonderful thing and that one special girl is just so beautiful that she takes your breath away.?

Obi-Wan shook his head again. ?Anakin, Anakin. If the problem is that you?re having trouble breathing around the Senator then get out your rebreather. Another good reason to carry one of those with you at all times.?

Anakin clumsily slapped his hand on the table. ?It isn?t fair Obi-Wan that you know which woman haunts me and you won?t share with me who it is that is so much trouble for you.?

Obi-Wan waved a finger at him. ?Well, you made it pretty obvious that night in her apartments when you said to me?what was it? Ah, yes, that being around her again was ?intoxicating?.?

At that moment the waitress returned with their drinks and placed them on the table. ?Speaking of intoxicating, here?s your order gentleman. Can I get you anything else?? This time she directed her whiles at the older Jedi.

?Thank you. No,? Obi-Wan replied with a wave of his hand.

?Not your type, Obi-Wan?? Anakin asked as the waitress scooted off.

?Jedi don?t have a type, Anakin. You should know that by now.?

?But if you could have a type, what would it be? Brunette with brown eyes?Redhead with green eyes?or?blonde with blue eyes?? Anakin watched his former Master carefully as he pushed for answers.

Obi-Wan picked up his glass to take a drink. ?Definitely not blonde with blue eyes!?

Anakin?s eyes went wide in realization. ?I knew it!

2. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Ha ha! That was great. I especially loved the line about Siri being under his skin, chafing him. Beautiful!

3. maychorian

Jan 7, 2005
    Oops, missed you, ithesock. That was a very satisfying little vig. You have penchant for holding information from your readers until the end of the story, don't you? :D Way to keep us in suspense.

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awesome!!! Totally loved this one! You guys are juz rolling these babies out!

Obi-Wan?s face lightened in remembrance. "Yes, she was once young and sweet, just like the Senator. We made our choices and peace with each other and then one day she showed up dressed in leather and I?m supposed to just ignore that? I don?t think so!"

Anakin?s eyes grew wide. "You have a point there, Obi-Wan. The tight leather outfit will get to you every time!"

"Yes, it will! And, for as good as it looks, it?s deceptive."

Great one!!! Loved that one!

Anakin himself was nearing unconsciousness, but still desiring to confide in his friend. "Obi-Wan, I need to tell you that I?ve gone and broken the Code."

"Ah, I see." Obi-Wan nodded his head slowly. "Which one?"

LOL!! [face_laugh] Now that! Now that is Obi-Wan! Which one indeed!!! [face_laugh]

But before Anakin could answer, Obi-Wan?s head slid down on the table and he passed out.

Poor Anakin... [face_laugh]

Oh man!! Padme and Siri are both there as well...and aware of each other's delima?? Oh that is juz too much!!

Loved the "Hello, there!" *warm fuzzies* And Siri's 'chaffing' comment!!

Well done! =D=

5. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    ithesock That was great! It would be like Anakin to be nervous about Obi-Wan's appointment.

jedikma LOL. I love the way you channeled the cheesy dialogue.

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    very cute sockie.
    And jedikma- you forgot to put up the "no drinking water while reading this" warning.

7. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    ithesock - That was so sweet how nervous Anakin was for Obi-Wan.

Jedikma - You added a few things after I read it though. :D I love all the movie lines, especially "hello there."

8. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Noi Very sweet. I?m sure Obi-Wan spent the years taking care of Anakin during his sickness. Only right Anakin return the favor. :)

JMJ OOOO What I wouldn?t pay to watch those two in a hot sweaty practice duel. =P~

Ithesock Ha! Obi in drag! [face_laugh]

Darksideeyesplease SO like Anakin not to want to admit to a weakness in front of Obi-Wan. :(

Jodiwent That was sad. Imagining what could have been. :_|

Red Ha! Very funny! Obi always trying to teach a lesson. [face_laugh]

KD I forgive you. Only because he?s happy. :p

Maychorian Lovely moment of learning and bonding. :)

Ithesock I really liked this one. Nice to see Anakin so nervous and excited for Obi-Wan. [face_love]

KMA HA! Very funny to picture poor drunken Obi mooning over Siri and her leather suit. :D

9. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Thanks everyone! :)

may~I don't think Obi-Wan is much of a romantic. [face_laugh]

Kyn~So glad you enjoyed this. [face_laugh] I had a lot of fun writing this and I needed a humorous diversion. :)

Opal~This story was the perfect opportunity to channel the cheesy dialogue and I had a whole lot of fun doing it. :D

PK~Oops! Sorry! [face_blush]

Noi~I definately had fun putting the movie lines in. ;)

oe~There had to be at least one buddy fic where the men talk about women. :D

10. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    All of these stories are wonderful!

Darksideeyes man, Anakin certainly enjoyed his trip didn't he? Love how Obi-Wan met him at the docking bay.

RRK LOL!!! Can't...stop...laughing! HA! Droids & Obi-Wan just don't mix too well!

jodiwent If only this could have been thier actual future! I bet the little padawans were Luke & Leia...they would certainly give both masters grey hair!

KD HA! Padme working for Palps...man these are just too good!

maychorian This is lovely! The way they're just relaxing with a friendly game. Ah yes, more moments like this are needed!

ithesockObi's appointment to the council - how wonderful! I love Anakin's realization about the reports.

jedikma Poor guys! They'll have hangovers & angry love interests come morning, hee!

11. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    I forgive you. Only because he?s happy.

Whew! Thank you for that OE. Now I can cancel the incredibly expensive bodyguards.

Ok, last time I broke the spirit but not the letter of the rule. Now I am breaking the letter but hopefully not the spirit of the rule. I apologize for the sloppiness. I keep sneaking to the computer and writing a bit then hurrying back to my chores before I get busted... Totally un-proofed let alone beta-read. My apologies for my laziness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Arghhglhlh"

Death is never silent Obi-Wan thought as he pulled his saber free of the arm's dealer's body in time to block another blaster shot from the men sheltered behind the fuel barrels on the mezzanine level.

"Master?"

"Yes Anakin?" Obi-Wan could feel the newly minted knight behind him moving to block blaster shots from the mezzanine on the other side of the warehouse.

"Do we have to keep this up much longer?"

"Well, Anakin, we were assigned to neutralize this particular supply line for the Seperatists." Obi-Wan gestured at the many blaster muzzles that decorated the various stacks of crates or barrels in the building and at those men and women who were engaging the Jedi in close combat. "Do they look neutralized to you?"

"Sure." The word was carried on a grunt of effort as Anakin blocked a vibroshiv attack from one of his own batch of close combatants with his lightsaber.

"What!" Obi-Wan's reaction gave a woman wearing a vicious snarl and not much else the chance to slice into his left forearm for a fraction of a second before he swung his lightsaber around and removed both shiv and arm at the elbow. She dropped to the floor howling and tripped up another of Obi-Wan's attackers before Anakin replied.

"Well, not a single one of their ships has lifted off since we got here. So..." Anakin's right shoulder bumped into Obi-Wan's left as he drove his saber down onto a man who was about to try to decapitate the young man with an old metal but still deadly sword. The elder Jedi was not so easily moved out of place however so Anakin's blow killed rather than maiming.

"I rather think, Anakin, that the Council intended for us to neutralize them without it requiring our constant presence." The woman Obi-Wan had felled had drawn a blaster from one of the bodies that littered the floor near the Jedi pair. She had just finished drawing it when Obi-Wan had said 'without' and as he finished saying 'constant' he swiped down with his lightsaber and destroyed both the blaster and an irreparable amount of her ribcage when she moved to leap at him bare-handed.

"Well, then they should have said so." Anakin said with laughter in his voice.

A man moved up to attack Obi-Wan hand to hand using a vibro-ax tuned to resist a lightsaber while Anakin was speaking. Obi-Wan's smile at Anakin's irreverent jest made the man pause in his advance and Obi-Wan slashed out with his saber to test the ax. It's blade held but the shaft was another matter and in only two more attempts Obi-Wan managed to cut the dangerous portion off the shaft of the weapon. Unfortunately that only infuriated his opponent who ran at him as if to attack with bare hands. Obi-Wan's lightsaber ran completely through the man's shoulder and the larger body, now unconscious, knocked Obi-Wan backwards a couple of steps.

Obi-Wan was unable to keep from falling into Anakin. Who was in the middle of blocking a flurry of blaster shots from those in the mezzanine above him so didn't have the chance to stop them all from falling.

The resulting tangle might have been fatal for the two Jedi had not Commander Cody arrived just as the first domino was tilting. The Commander, taking in the situation quickly, immediately signalled to his men to fire on the remaining enemies of the Republic quickly killing all who did not immediately surrender.

Before the smoke began to clear, Cody was pulling the ax-wielder off of Master Kenobi and then the Master off his former Padawan.

With the weight of the two others off him, Anakin wa

12. maychorian

Jan 7, 2005
    Ah, lovely banter, KD! I especially liked the last line from Obi-Wan. Very Obi, dry and funny.

13. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Love them all. =D= *offers choco covered Obis, Quis, and Xanis.* Feel free to take a couple. ;)

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: For the Moment
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin
    Summary: Obi-Wan muses on the needs of the Chosen One as they fulfill their duties as Jedi.
    Notes: Written for the Obikin challenge. Believe it or not, I wanted to write a humor piece and then Anakin and Obi-Wan decided that they had something else to say.

For the Moment

?I hate working in the crèche,? Anakin?s voice came perilously close to a whine.

Obi-Wan stared at him, quirking one eyebrow questioningly. The young man had the grace to flush and lowered his eyes.

?I?m sorry, Master,? he mumbled.

?It is our turn to serve in the crèche, Padawan,? Obi-Wan said patiently. ?The younglings need to interact with Knights and Padawans who are out in the field.?

?I know, I know,? Anakin snapped. ?But it?s so boring!?

They were walking down the corridor and a few heads turned at the tone in Anakin?s voice. A few faces registered disapproval both for his volume and the sentiment he expressed. Obi-Wan noticed that Anakin ignored them. Unfortunately, he was accustomed to seeing that expression on the faces of his fellow Jedi.

The Master gave an inward sigh, wondering how much their reaction to him spurred him on to ever more outrageous behavior. It seemed at times that the young man wanted to live down to their expectations and he made an effort to do so in the most spectacular fashion he could.

?A Jedi does not speak of boredom when doing his duty,? Obi-Wan said smoothly.

A sigh erupted from the tall figure walking reluctantly at his side. ?Yeah, yeah, there is no passion, there is only serenity,? he grumbled. Then Obi-Wan heard him mutter very quietly and distinctly. ?And serenity is pretty damned boring, too.?

Obi-Wan had to stifle a chuckle at his Padawan?s thoroughly disgruntled tone. Despite his arrogance and his flair for trouble, there was an endearing quality about the young man that charmed and intrigued. It was this lovable quality that kept him from being insufferable ? most of the time.

?You are well liked by the younglings, Padawan,? Obi-Wan reminded him.

Anakin seemed to brighten a bit at that. The Master could see that the memory of the younglings? adoration of him was brightening the situation just a bit. Anakin hungered for approval and Obi-Wan wondered if he and the Council gave enough of it to him.

As always, his thoughts went around in a frenzied circle when he contemplated the needs of training the Chosen One. Somehow, he always felt that he never got the balance of discipline and love quite right.

?Master,? Anakin?s voice broke through his musings.

?Yes, Padawan??

?Why do the younglings like me?? There was a serious note beneath the seemingly playful question.

?What do you mean, Anakin??

There was silence from the young man as they continued on their way to the crèche. When he spoke, Anakin?s voice seemed hesitant. This was not a quality that Obi-Wan usually associated with Anakin Skywalker.

?I mean that the younglings like me,? he said softly. ?But-? His words stopped abruptly. ?Never mind, it?s not important.?

?I think it is important,? Obi-Wan said. ?Speak your mind, Padawan.?

Obi-Wan felt more than saw the intense blue gaze flicker his way. ?Well, the younglings like to be with me, they think I?m-? he stopped and laughed. ?They think I?m some sort of hero or something.?

?A view you share, I think,? Obi-Wan said with a soft chuckle, unable to resist teasing him.

Anakin?s cheeks burned red but he did not deny it. ?But the Knights and the Masters ? when they look at me, I see??

Obi-Wan stopped and turned to face his apprentice. ?You see what??

The young man looked down at his boots and Obi-Wan could sense the turmoil within him. ?I see fear,? he confessed in an agonized tone. His eyes shot up to watch his Master?s reaction to these words, a fear of his own lurking in those blue depths.

?Yes, you do see fear,? Obi-Wan agreed immediately. He could tell that Anakin was shocked at his admission.

Shaking h

15. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    KD that was great! Loved it! Poor Cody... not quite understanding the levity between those two guys! [face_laugh] Loved the 'gained weight or the other guy carrying lead' [face_laugh]

VaderLVR64 that was so sad.. though of course not meaning to be, but it is cuz of what he does later... :_| So sad... Great work though!!

16. maychorian

Jan 7, 2005
    Very touching, VL. Great characterization of the two. Yeah, it's tough being the chosen one. I loved how Obi-Wan turned around his desire to be a "good" Jedi.

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Jedikma, I loved it! I can see those two throwing back a few drinks and Obi-Wan gets a little tipsy, enough to loosen his tongue anyway!

K-D, another masterpiece! I'm jealous! You captured them perfectly!

18. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    KD Poor Codi! [face_laugh] I bet the poor guy was left baffled by those two often.

VL ?We can put a face to that prophecy now, a name that can be whispered amongst us. We can see the Chosen One roaming our corridors and sharing our meals.? He shook his head and gave a chuckle. ?Rather disconcerting, wouldn?t you agree??

Hell of a burden to lay on someone. :( Lovely moment between them. :)

19. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    I also loved the banter, KD. [face_laugh]

VL, loved the things Obi-Wan said to Anakin. :)

20. Siri-Wan-Kenobi

Siri-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    ithesock- That was soo cute how you expressed Anakin's anxiety sooo well. I could just see him pacing up and down.

Master- I loved this Obikin for obvious reasons. :pA drunken Obi-wan and Anakin discussing their loves, what's not to love? I am hoping a bunny will come bitting... but no such luck yet. *sets out bunny food*

KD- Bantering while in battle, so Obi-wan and Anakin. [face_laugh]

VL- ?You are different, Anakin,? How many times have I heard that, minus the Anakin. haha. :p At first, I felt really bad for Ani, but in swoops Obi and gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling again.

21. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    sock, Jedikma, K-D, VLVR:

All of these were wonderful! =D= I love reading Obikins! :D

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A Little AU Music - NO way!!! They are not all one with the Force already!!! k_d, you totally blindsided me with that. I love it! LOL!

One Thing You Lack . . . - ?You weren?t, were you?? ROFLOL! AFter all that denial, too funny! LOved how Obi-Wan still encouraged his 'former' padawan. LOvely maychorian

Ascension - Socky, that was delightful how Anankin felt such nervousness over Obi-Wan's becoming a Council Member... loved his last thought!

Another Round - ROFLOL! The girls knew about each others relationship and the boys... were as clueless as ever. Excellent Jedikma

k_d Unproofed and unbetaed doesn't seem to make it anything to apologize for. That was fun action and great interaction!

For the Moment - Another one that has me sighing in... saddness that Obi-Wan's faith in him didn't come to pass. Stellar viggie VaderLVR.

23. Elyia_Dooku

Elyia_Dooku Jedi Master

Jun 28, 2004
    Will there be any more? [face_batting]

24. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    k_d - "Either you've gained weight or that guy has lead weights in his pockets."

"What an odd thing to carry about. Pity we can't ask him why."
    [face_laugh]

VL - ?And you are not what we expected,? Obi-Wan admitted. ?You are brash and reckless and came to us too late for the traditional training.? So true.

25. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Thanks, all. :D

Jedikma...LOL. Siri chafing - I shudder to think of Obi's fate. Loved the way he and Anakin slurred their way through. :)

KD... [face_laugh] - excellent banter about lead weights. [waves hand] Write more, you will...and update 'Thrums' while you're about it!

VaderLVR64... oh, that one gave me the goosebumps. So very lovely, and Anakin's turmoil came through. Loved Obi-Wan's explanations about suddenly having 'The Chosen One' walking and talking among them. And then the younglings :_| . Great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.