main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part 2 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 26, 2022.

?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Jun 6, 2022.
  1. 10

19.0%
  2. 9

25.2%
  3. 8

26.4%
  4. 7

15.3%
  5. 6

5.5%
  6. 5

4.3%
  7. 4

2.5%
  8. 3

0.6%
  9. 2

1.2%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2!!
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(3) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced. Speculation based on released material is permitted.

(4) Obi-Wan Kenobi episodes air on Wednesday* on Disney+ . Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts without tags which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(5) All leaks and rumors must be spoiler tagged until they are either proven or disproven.

(6) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

*All episodes premiere on Wednesday except for the premiere and the second episode, which air on a Friday.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2022
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This is where the fun begins part 2 :p

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Hello there again!

4. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    How long are the first two episodes, anyone know?

5. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    These threads I think are going to move faster than anything I've ever seen on the boards.

RetropME likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    And now on to Part II!

7. Kylo5

Kylo5 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2020
    hayden resembles sebastian shaw. he must have had 10 hours of makeup applied

8. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Part 2 was crazy good. Things are about to go insane.

9. Kylo5

Kylo5 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2020
    the shock and fear in obi wans face when he hears lord vader is alive, and then the bad sense on the ship is nice touch.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  10. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I can't tell if that's Temuera Morrison as the clone veteran

11. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I already see a bunch of dummies on twitter complaining thinking the Grand Inquisitor is dead.... he's obviously not

12. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I think this is a trap with the "Jedi"

I called it

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That last shot is going to give me nightmares! Incredible!

14. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Definitely a step down from the amazing premiere, but still a good episode with a few great moments.

- I don't like the Grand Inquisitor being taken out so early (though I'm sure we'll see the character in other live-action series).
    EDIT: Then again, he can't be dead since this is before Rebels.

- The final scene with Reva letting Obi-Wan know that Anakin is alive gave me chills. Moses Ingram is killing it.

- Kumail's character was such a great idea. A conman who uses "simple tricks and nonsense" to fake Jedi powers... Has this been done in the EU? Either way, it's a great addition to on-screen canon.

- While the writing for Kid Leia is certainly better than Kid Anakin in TPM, she's written too precocious for a 10 year-old who looks 8. That said, I liked Obi-Wan using the Force to save her from falling.

whostheBossk and Jediking97 like this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That was definitely Temuera as the clone veteran. Very sad. :(

16. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Little Leia is kind of annoying

and damnit- @ComfortablyNunb I guess I should have known better than posting before finishing the episode :p

17. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    The last 5mins was a beast! Obi knows Anakin lives! The look on Vader’s face, its in “my very soul tormenting me.”

Shaak Ti and S. Raw Rats like this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    So when he’s talking about the leader that Leia reminds him of… is it Padme or Satine? At first I thought Padme but the more I think about the more I think he was talking about Satine. I mean is Padme really that stubborn? I don’t think so.

19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Padme Amidala. She was one who insisted on going to Geonosis, and risking their lives to save Kenobi. Stubborn. ;)

20. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Part 2 is good too. Liked the look of the city, production design. And the action scenes with Kenobi and some more of his quips. It's a really fun show for sure.

And the ending. Wow.

CampOfSorgan, Jediking97 and Kato Sai like this.
  21. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    As far as the show's concerned, I would say it's Padmé, but Satine is an interesting thought. I think it's leading up to Obi-Wan planting memories of Padmé in Leia's head somehow, intentionally or not.

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    So, I am assuming Reva was the youngling and she has grown up blaming Obi-Wan for the fall of the Temple (since Mace and the others are dead and I am starting to think Palpatine used Yoda’s cloak and saber to make people think he was dead too). That and my guess that Vader would share his real name with her would explain how she became obsessed with hunting him for Vader.

If anything the Grand Inquisitor and Fifth Brother were too restrained- pointing to Palpatine’s influence. So Reva definitely feels like Vader’s personal operative.

The jobbing of the GI does continue though and right now I have to wonder what the point of including him was. I’m sure he’s not dead, but he offers little so far aside from a frustrated superior unable reign in an unruly subordinate.

I like the way Leia was written. Very much a “From now on, you do what I tell you” Carrie Fisher vibe. She’s not a damsel in distress and she’s a natural leader. I enjoyed her giving Ben a hard time.

As to Ewan, he’s simply perfect.

23. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I thought Kenobi was remembering Padmé.

24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I believe Reva is secretly Vader’s apprentice, his Starkiller (Force Unleashed), its a dark echo of how Anakin had Ahsoka as an apprentice.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think she wants to be his apprentice. I don’t think she is though. She thinks Kenobi is her ticket.