main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part 2 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 26, 2022.

?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Jun 6, 2022.
  1. 10

19.0%
  2. 9

25.2%
  3. 8

26.4%
  4. 7

15.3%
  5. 6

5.5%
  6. 5

4.3%
  7. 4

2.5%
  8. 3

0.6%
  9. 2

1.2%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Temuera interview.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
    RetropME likes this.
  2. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    "I thought that was the best thing in the whole show!" [face_laugh]

This man is a treasure.

3. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Gonna give this one a 7. A bit of a step down from the first ep, which I gave a 9, but still really good.
    Daiyu was such a cool environment, really reminded me of Nar Shaddaa. Ewan is great, kid Leia is great. That sleazy conman fake Jedi was such a good idea, loved how Obi Wan dealt with him. Leia running from Obi Wan through the city gave me anxiety when first watching it. Can only imagine how Obi Wan was feeling! Also, as someone who's not a big fan of the Inquisitors, I must say I'm really enjoying them in this show. Can't wait for Ep 3 in a bit!

Def Trooper and Shaak Ti like this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You know what’s cool and neat. This is the first time a clone trooper has appeared on screen with real armor. No CGI.

5. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I got the impression the Grand Inquisitor is just another Snoke. He parrots a line from Palpatine just before the audience gets distracted with Reva throwing the knife at the cantina owner. I suppose a thing worse than death is being brought back over and over again while having your mind controlled by a Sith Lord. Plus it seemed like the GI was purposely riling up Reva in the same way Snoke did with Kylo. I think Palpatine is testing Vader's ambitions and making sure there isn't still good in him. Reva and the Grand Inquisitor are pawns in this game. There's more versions of the Grand Inquisitor floating around in tanks on Exegol or something.

That or he's somehow fine and it was another Chewie death moment.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That would be hilarious. I’ve been saying the Grand Inquisitor is Snoke since TLJ. :p

Shaak Ti likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What if snoke was the friends we made along the way

justinslot likes this.
  8. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I thought the clone troopers during Grogu's flashback to Order 66 were "real" as well?

Def Trooper and Shaak Ti like this.
  9. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    I can’t see the GI being dead, especially since the end credits flash a “Special Thanks” shoutout to Dave Filoni. Unless it’s not the same GI in Rebels.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe if so I hadn’t heard It

11. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Okay, I believe it's shot down in the ally by the Fake Jedi Guy (I can't remember his name). So I'm assuming, when Obi-Wan stopped firing to save Leia, the bounty hunter droid decided to get closer, because he couldn't see him or decided shooting at that distance wasn't getting him anywhere, or maybe he even thought he finally hit him (Obi-Wan was pretty much lying down at that point wasn't he? Am I getting that right?).. Anyway, he ended up following Obi-Wan down to the ally and tried to ambush him there, but the Fake Jedi got him first.

Unless I'm totally wrong and it's not the same droid guy. That's what I thought happened. Anyone feel free to correct me. Bounty hunters are not my SW wheelhouse.

12. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    Also, that is Artoo buried beneath the sand, right? I don't know why he's there, but with Threepio serving drinks on Alderaan, I guess they wanted Artoo doing something as well? I'm sure they'll turn the whole thing into a joke and make Kenobi's comment about not remembering owning a droid in ANH seem like an inside gag between the two of them. Artoo saying he's the property of Obi-Wan Kenobi because that's the name the message said in front of Luke, yet. yet Obi-Wan never owned a droid because BEN Kenobi owned a droid. With Bail knowing the location of cave, I suspect he'll just end up taking Artoo back to Alderaan or Artoo is going to fly whatever craft Kenobi returns home with and just doesn't return until ANH.

Speaking of Ben, now Leia naming her son after Kenobi makes more sense. I mean he helped in ANH, but it adds more of a personal touch. Although now I see her comforting Luke after Kenobi's death in a whole new light.

I'll be fine with just hearing Liam Neeson voice Qui-Gon but I also wouldn't rule out the possibility of him being a ghost just for the feels.

Vader will be great. Glad we're getting more than just a cameo. Looking forward to the Hayden Christensen/James Earl Jones combo.

With Vader in full gear likely showing up in the next episode, I'm guessing the Emperor is going to show up later. I would prefer it to be a face to face meeting on Coruscant and not just a hologram message though.

What I'm wondering is if Bail or Artoo show Leia some images of Padme. It could stir up a feeling in her and when you pair that with what she witnessed from Kenobi, that will be all she remembers when she talks to Luke in ROTJ. I normally wouldn't be speculating about things like that, but with them having Obi-Wan give Luke the toy ship, it seems like they're really trying to tie everything together.

I'm thinking it's possible Reva kills some younglings during Order 66. Maybe she does it before Vader or because Vader can't in the moment? Or he needs some extra motivation? Palpatine also visits the Jedi Temple during or just after Order 66, so we'll see what happens. Does she want to be Vader or the Emperor's apprentice?

Immortiss likes this.
  13. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    I think it is r4 (the second one). Artoo would be on Alderaan wouldn't they?

14. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    Yes, that was Temuera Morrison as the clone veteran. Doesn't everyone look at IMDb?

15. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    Possibly. But then again, I never expected Bail Organa to just fly to Obi-Wan's place between ROTS and ANH. Nor did I expect to see Kenobi and Leia having an adventure. They seem to be taking this show as far as they can with interactions without breaking the story.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  16. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I had been watching and typing my reactions with excitement at the same time- I saw him in the credits too

Shaak Ti and Deliveranze like this.
  17. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    True. I guess we will probably find out if that is r2. I am really wondering if they will have Anakin/Vader see Leia at any point? I want him to but also worry it would change things a little to much

18. dogprivilege

dogprivilege Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I think it'd be cool if Vader saw Leia and wouldn't even mind if they interacted? Does that really contradict or undermine anything in the OT? If anything I think it adds to their dynamic, which is kinda empty as is and at odds with the fact that they're supposed to be father-daughter. It could be interesting if Vader, even at the beginning of the OT, is well aware who the princess of Alderaan is and remembers her involvement in the kenobi incident years prior. I don't really see any of this stuff as forcing connections for the sake of it, considering Vader-Obi Wan-Leia's paths are already very tied together in the overall story.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  19. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    ANH makes it clear that they’ve met before, but I feel like Vader recognizing her as family would be overkill, more so than meeting Obi-Wan again.

I would not be opposed to Vader finding out he has children somewhere though, or that Padme didn’t die on Mustafar.

wobbits and Shaak Ti like this.
  20. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I thought the depiction of little Leia by Vivian Lyra Blair was absolutely excellent! She showed just the right amount of Leia "attitude" that we know and love from the OT. Headstrong, Assertive, Unyielding, Confident, Rebellious, Stubborn, Skeptical, Adventurous, Humorous, ready to take charge, everything we would expect, and exactly the kind of little girl who would grow up to be the Princess Leia that we know from the OT. And she's going to be in EVERY episode! Kudos to Viv Blair! I now have a new favorite little-girl actress! She was spot-on! She is exactly 10 years old this month. Can't get more perfect.

21. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I’m pretty sure all the clone troopers were digital… that’s what I thought when watching it anyways…

Count Yubnub likes this.
  22. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I wonder if Obi-Wan and Leia use the Force somehow to share some of Obi-Wan's memories of Padme. That might explain her line in ROTJ that doesn't quite add up.

I'm pretty sure R2D2 is shown serving drinks in the background at the Organa party on Alderaan.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  23. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    No, I thought it's Kurt Russell

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    RetropME likes this.
  24. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The "new show!" bump wore off a bit for me this one. Everything just moved very fast, the kidnapping plot felt like it was over before it really began and Obi-Wan's major decision to get involved feeling more like a walk around the block. Not feeling the inquisitors either, but maybe because I didn't watch Clone Wars or wherever they originally appeared.

25. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    It was clearly Pierce Brosnan.

Darth Smurf likes this.