main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part 3 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , May 31, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jun 8, 2022.
  1. 10

30.7%
  2. 9

24.1%
  3. 8

19.6%
  4. 7

12.6%
  5. 6

4.5%
  6. 5

3.0%
  7. 4

1.5%
  8. 3

1.5%
  9. 2

1.0%
  10. 1

1.5%
  1. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    I always loved that "WHAT?!?" he gives in the climax of the trench run, when the Falcon swoops in and blows away the TIE beside him. It's about as comically bemused a reaction as the Dark Lord of the Sith could issue. [face_laugh] You half-expect him to scream his lungs out as his own TIE spins away into the cosmos.

2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

This man is a living legend. I don't know if you folks ever heard Irvin Kershner's commentary for TESB, but he recorded several reference lines for characters like Yoda and Darth Vader. In 2009, Jones described Kershner's performance as Vader as being "scary as hell" and scarier than he could ever be. I think he was being modest, however, since really knows how to make Vader both terrifying and psychological. We even got to hear Vader roar in the latest episode, which is yet another illustration that this Vader is more like this ROTS self than the calmer Vader we see in the Classic Trilogy.

RetropME, Snafu55 and Dagobahsystem like this.
  3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    This was my interpretation on first viewing as well. It was handled well and with much subtlety and nuance from McGregor who is giving a phenomenal acting performance. You can see the pain in his performance and he wants to help but he cannot or it will jeopardize his mission and he will have broken his promise to Master Yoda.

It's actually so cool to think about and quite a nice touch to this show.

4. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015

Interesting stuff. So, Anakin was staring at the apartment building where Padme was residing at the beginning of the flashback.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  5. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    That wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, IMO--the flashback supposedly takes place prior to AOTC.

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Curious, but how come? Anakin’s feelings don’t disappear and this can be just days or even hours before AOTC begins. It can’t be more than a year since I would never buy Anakin is supposed to be 16-18 here. I assume it’s very very close to the AOTC timeline. And maybe he heard about Padme coming to Coruscant for the Military Creation Act.

7. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015

I just rewatched all of Obi-Wan's scenes in ANH, as well as this reimagining of his final duel with Vader. Therefore, I will bear this in mind during the finale next week.

8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. Which is, incidentally, why I still tend to prefer ANH (and RO…) over ESB and ROTJ. Because Tarkin leavens the heavy dough that is Vader.

9. mfastx

mfastx Jedi Knight star 1

May 2, 2015
    That's def not the building Padme is in. In AOTC and ROTS it's clearly in a much more developed area.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It never even crossed my mind that it was the same building

Sarge and Dagobahsystem like this.
  11. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I'm not knowledgeable enough about Coruscant architecture nor do I have a screen large enough to notice even if I did.
    But I saw it pointed out here and on YT as a discussion topic.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The only thing I do know for certain about that building is that it was surrounded by a lot more equally sized buildings whereas what Anakin was looking toward was very much standing alone.

13. Darth Majestic

Darth Majestic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2020
    I have now finished the Obi-Wan series. For the most part, it was better than the scores it is receiving. Definitely worth a watch. Especially to OT fans

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am curious what was your favorite part

15. Darth Majestic

Darth Majestic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2020
    Honestly, I am an information sponge lol. I need more and more storyline. I'm simply pleased that they are filling in the gaps. Just to know what was going on(from a certain point of view) in between the jedi purge and ANH. But, to see Vader in full power, whether it be Reva or Obi-Wan. Wow! Episode 5 may be my favorite

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  16. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    So finally found this track…. I’ve had it stuck in my head quite a bit since this Ep released. Love it!

17. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    My new theory is that Mapuzo is an homage to Mario Puzo. The planet's landscape also bears some similarities to the Sicilian countryside from The Godfather.

18. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    [face_hypnotized] Good catch!!

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Interesting take! And sure, that part of California is indeed geologically and climatically quite similar to parts of Sicily.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022