main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part 5 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 14, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jun 22, 2022.
  1. 10

31.0%
  2. 9

26.7%
  3. 8

17.1%
  4. 7

14.4%
  5. 6

4.8%
  6. 5

1.6%
  7. 4

1.6%
  8. 3

0.5%
  9. 2

0.5%
  10. 1

1.6%
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Gonna have to give this another watch after the last episode

2. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Oh I agree. It was so well done. You worded it perfectly.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Thanks...and NOW, having seen the finale last night-WOW!!! It's like, take all that I said and multiply it by five for the final episode!!!!!! [face_hypnotized]

I gotta say: IMO this series-when taken as a whole and especially the finale-is IMO the best thing Disney/LFL has released since Rogue One...and that's saying a lot! This series, especially the first episode and last two episodes just hit all the right notes for me, in all the right ways. That hasn't happened since I saw Rogue One for the first time! I mean I even teared up abit at the final few scenes of the last episode (for obvious reasons). I haven't teared up at anything Star Wars since Revenge of the Sith!! I kind of expected the end would play out that way, but I was trying to convince myself not to think about it. I succeeded apparently! I'm super picky about endings of films and series, and this ending (the last 10 minutes or so) gets an A+ in my book!

I mean, Mandalorian is great and all but...man, this was just...next level stuff! And now we're left with something both entertaining AND moving-and STILL fits neatly within established continuity in a plausible way! =D=

Okay, done gushing.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    Yanksfan and Maythe14thBeWithYou like this.
  4. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I agree. At first I thought when Reva "killed" the Grand Inquisitor and Obi-Wan and Vader first fight if it fit into continuity. Well, first we know the GI comes back due to Rebels so it wasn't that big a deal but I do think Obi-Wan's arc was great. He went from being dejected and assumedly had spent 10 years so to defeating Vader and redeeming himself in a manner. Plus, we got a relationship established w/him and Leia pre-ANH that doesn't ruin anything OR ruin Leia. That's exactly how I imagined a young Leia. Those last scenes were great though.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I still think the GI’s death was rather pointless

6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I DO agree with that. I will say if there's anything negative I'd have to say about the series, it would be the (not once, but twice) fake out lightsaber stabbings. With the GI and Reva, we could have done without both of those really. But thankfully it didn't ruin anything for me. I suppose the GI's line about revenge being a good motivator for will to live is as good an explanation as any that could be expected though, but still-IMO there would've been different, more believable ways those two could've been defeated and "presumed dead" in their respective scenes....

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022