main
side
curve
  1. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Kenobi Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part 6 (Series Finale!!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 21, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jul 6, 2022.
  1. 10

46.6%
  2. 9

23.7%
  3. 8

8.7%
  4. 7

8.2%
  5. 6

5.9%
  6. 5

3.7%
  7. 4

0.9%
  8. 3

0.5%
  9. 2

0.5%
  10. 1

1.4%
  1. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    A lot of cool moments.

But the overall story was just so bad. Paper thin. You finally have Anakin and Obiwan alone, and they barely talk. Don’t see myself revisiting this series very often.

But hey, here’s hopin season 2 dives deeper into Obi-wan’s character.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
    Order66Survivor, Korv, CptEks and 2 others like this.
  2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Wow! =D= Execution of this story; acting, all top notch and superb and it all went much as expected as to what was happening, yet exceeded expectations. Waiting with bated breath (not!) to hear the complaints/critiques and "hey, plot hole left unplugged." :p

3. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Okay, this was weird. I probably have to rewatch it twice before I say something.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 9

Sep 25, 2015
    Kenobi series has totally surpassed my expectations, I I knew it would be good, but never expected it to be this great. It's definitely my favorite SW D+ series.

I might just rewatch the whole thing right away. It's so good. Damn.

And this last episode wowsers. So much to discuss.

5. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    They finally played Imperial March and then Leia's theme. I was wondering why don't they play it but then it hit me. The characters have to earn it until the last episode.

I like how when Anakin is talking with Obi-Wan the side of his face is glowing blue from Obi-Wan's lightsaber but when he says he killed Anakin and I'm going to kill you it glows red.

Finally got to see Liem Neeson. It took them 23 years to show him in live action.

6. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    Fascinating watching this show stumble, trip and just in general fall all over itself only to accidently backflip into a pretty satisfying final.

That last convo between Vader and Obi is up there with Star Wars at its best. The acting from both was legit phenomenal

Also love that both Owen and Beru got legit hits in on Reva.

Legit the only major issues were the continued baffaling use of awful shaky cam and how everyone manages to get to Tatooine with instant transmission

7. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Overall, a very solid ending, but still suffers from poor writing. This one is at least a 9 something.

Slater likes this.
  8. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Solid finale. Some really good character moments. The Obi and Leia scenes were once again the best thing this show gave us. I need to watch it again to fully digest, I was nervous the whole time watching this go around. I’m pleased with the series overall, just wish the budget was a little higher at times.

Good stuff Lucasfilm =D=

9. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Hayden Christensen, I love you.
    Your delivery on the scene with the broken helmet is perfection.
    I got chills just thinking about it. Recognition of his self-destruction and absolution for Kenobi.
    This was one of the most powerful emotionally scenes in all of Star Wars.
    So much weight in that scene. The Duel Of The Fates - revisited.

10. SmokeMonster4815162342

Dec 31, 2015
    Having the voice modulator malfunctioning on and off was a good touch.

I always found the two voices way too different, but here, drawing attention to the contrast, ironically sells it better and I’m forever going to see Hayden under the Vader mask now.

I only wish these moments were preceded by a full story about Obiwan and Anakin that actually dove into it head on, setting up each character’s inner turmoil, with neither of them having fully let go of each other at the start, and totally split by the end.

11. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    This episode was so good that even Reva was good.

12. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    The “Hello there” was perfectly corny [face_laugh]

13. Jediking97

Jul 24, 2018
    The part where Vader steps out of his shuttle and Obi-Wan facing him is parallel to Luke facing Kylo Ren on Crait. The same choreography.

14. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    That was a epic fight. I honestly didn’t expect to actually see Qui-Gon, only hear him.

The plot leaks that were right about all the previous episodes claimed Reva was going to be killed for good this episode by returning to Vader and claiming she killed Kenobi. So either they got something wrong, or plans changed.

15. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 9

Sep 25, 2015
    I can't remember the last time I was by turns so nervous then smiling so much or so emotional while watching anything like Star Wars. That was just so well done.

It's easy to predict what will be heatedly debated about the episode and that's fine.

I'm just enjoying the show and I love it. Best SW content since Rogue One.
    The Mandalorian is great too. Episodes 1 and 2 of BoBF. But Kenobi, wow, having all those original great actors back really adds to it.

With episodes 1-6 and RO, Kenobi is like mandatory frequent rewatch level.

16. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Some more thoughts

- The chase at the start, very reminiscent of the asteroid chase in ESB, a choice I believe to be deliberate considering the parallel storyline, but with a nicely executed twist.

- As I stated earlier, I was concerned about how the Mustafar duel would be topped. This one is on an entirely different level. Not just with fight and the choreography, but also the emotions and what is at stake with regard to Luke and Leia. The distorted Vader voice was a very nice touch too.

- We see how Vader gets that gash we first see in ESB too!

- I love seeing the Lars farm and all of the various angles. I seem to recall that Lucas took meticulous notes and measurements when filming the prequels so that it could be recreated any time and any place. I doubt this was filmed in Tunisia, if it was then great, but if it wasn't then I wouldn't know as the sets look just like what we've seen before.

- Seeing Leia take her first step towards her future role(s) is welcome. That actress has nailed the role from the very start and I would have no problem seeing her take on the role again.

- Reva has potential as a character. If there is one recurring thread among all Star Wars characters it is past trauma and how they deal with it. She is teetering on the edge of one side or the other of the Force and I would be interested in seeing the direction her life takes.

- I can see a future on Tatooine where somebody with a metal detector finds all of these abandoned lightsabers on the site of the Lars farm and wonders just what went on there.

- Yeah, I freely admit, I laughed at "Hello there". Writers and directors who are up on memes are a gift.

- Qui-Gon's appearance had been hinted at from the start. I was thinking when I first started this that he had to be in there somewhere. His appearance could have been corny and overdone, but this is just right.

17. SmokeMonster4815162342

Dec 31, 2015
    And now Kylo’s “have you come back to say you’re sorry” is paralleled with Obiwan saying sorry to Anakin.

18. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Been a while for me too since I had something in the eye just when seeing a series. True, true, a few tears dropped. Honestly what got me was both Obi Wan telling Leia about her parents, and seeing Qui-Gon.

I need to process in order to say something coherent, but I really liked how much of a terrible person Vader really is here. They did wonders demystifying the powerful imaginary that the dark side holds, and show how hateful, sad and lonely its users truly are.

19. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Force Ghost star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Question: What do Darth Vader and Charlie Brown have in common?
    Answer:
    They both got rocks.

whostheBossk and Dagobahsystem like this.
  20. Jediking97

Jul 24, 2018
    I felt a little bad for Reva when she starts breaking into tears

Count Yubnub likes this.
  21. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I woke up at 3:30am randomly. Then I decided I had to at least see what the thumbnail was. Was hoping maybe it would show me the planet the fight takes place on or something. Then I thought I’ll watch the first 5 minutes on my iPhone but it was odd. It was like in 60 frames per second mode or something. I closed the app and put it back on and it was more film like again. Going to watch it on my 4K setup with proper sound but I sure hope others don’t get that effect or stick by it rather than closing the app and starting again. It was like that motionflow setting was on. I didn’t even know the app or iPhone could do that. Weird.

22. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Just finished watching the episode, and I gotta say I loved it. I knew that Obi-Wan would use the environment in his duel against Vader. He and Vader had the opportunity to utilize the might of the Force. Somehow, I knew that Obi-Wan would damage Vader's mask and that we would see Vader's face. After all, we saw that occasionally in the EU and in Rebels during Ashoka's duel with Vader. I loved the callback to ROTS when Obi-Wan said, "I will do what I must," and he sounded quite a bit like Alec Guinness. Vader's face looked truly demonic, and as always, he denied being Anakin. It was very haunting. "I am what remains," he said. Chills. It was good to glimpse and hear Hayden as Vader. As wonderful as Jones is, as I previously mentioned, there has never been a more perfect union of performers since Sam Witwer and Ray Park both portrayed Darth Maul in TCW. I love how Obi-Wan simply called him Darth before he departed. Great callback to ANH. Plus, Obi-Wan said his friend was dead, which is a callback to what Luke said in ROTJ when he was trying to redeem his father. What Obi-Wan perceived goes to show why he and Yoda did not believe he could be redeemed. I did not expect to see Ian McDiarmid and Liam Neeson in this episode, but they were welcome surprises. Sidious steering Vader away from his obsession with Kenobi is consistent with the old EU certainly. I'm glad that Reva was redeemed in the end. It made sense. She couldn't hurt a child, and she didn't want to be like Vader. Vivien Lyra Blair was a marvelous surprise when this series began. She, Ewan McGregor, Moses Ingram, and all the actors did splendid work. Overall, McGregor was outstanding as Obi-Wan, and I'm delighted that we got to see him again in this role. The character development from start to finish was excellent.

And now, we must sleep.

23. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    A perfect series and a perfect conclusion. I applaude everyone involved. The familiar themes, the cameos, the fight, the Vader/Kenobi dialgue...everything felt earned and heavy! I really cant say much more. Still drained with emotions.

THANK YOU for this experience.

24. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    Yes I noticed this as well, and something we saw with Ben & Han.

Overall a decent Finale, but the series should have been better Overall, poor writing, stupid logic and direction hurt it at times and the need of filler in only 6 episodes is prime example of the above.

In a way, I hope they don't make a second season or a spin off, it isn't needed, aside from Disney / KK again not having a real plan and reacting to how well the first episode did and changing their minds which again, causes pain to us the fans.

Finally, the music that actually made it feel more like Star Wars & added emotion to the story.

25. SmokeMonster4815162342

Dec 31, 2015
    Reva herself is fine. Good territory to play with there. The problem is that the show doesn’t use it to tell a good story about Obi-wan.

All that build up for Reva, and Obiwan’s not even there at the resolution of the story. It should have been something Obiwan does or says, reflecting what he’s learned over the series, that resolves the Reva conflict, shows his growth, etc. His words to Reva at the end are not a great example of this.

Riv_Shiel and Slater like this.