main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Obi-Wan Kenobi - Part 6 (Series Finale!!!) - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jun 21, 2022.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jul 6, 2022.
  1. 10

46.6%
  2. 9

23.7%
  3. 8

8.7%
  4. 7

8.2%
  5. 6

5.9%
  6. 5

3.7%
  7. 4

0.9%
  8. 3

0.5%
  9. 2

0.5%
  10. 1

1.4%
  1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I get that, and I too would love a good satisfying lore-dump on all these subjects. OTOH, this is SW, when it tries to explain the Force, we end up with midichlorians. [face_sick][face_talk_hand]

2. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    https://www.starwars.com/databank/tibidon-carving-station

So, this creature is confirmed to be a native one to Tatooine. I will not surprised if even bigger creatures will be revealed to "swim" in planet's sand, maybe even of the size of big worms from the Dune, that eat the Krayt dragons for dinner.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I felt kind of sick just watching people buy meat that had been cut from an animal that had been lying for days in the hot desert sun.

4. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Are you sure it was just days?

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, it could have easily been weeks. [face_sick]

Darth Caliban and Bor Mullet like this.
  6. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Understandable. Although I feel Star Wars wouldn’t really be Star Wars without the occasional weird moments that make you go “huh? That’s messed up!”. :p

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    Darth Caliban, EHT and Sky_alma like this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes. The best Star Wars always has some connection to spoiled meats.

EHT likes this.
  8. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Or living ones.

Thanks a lot TPM and ROTJ Jedi.

Darth Caliban and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Nowt wrong with midichlorians. They were ultimately just a plot device by which the characters could understand that Anakin had more force potential than anyone else… which a bunch of fans used to pile onto Lucas. I’m not sure the laying on of hands etc. feeling gundark offal etc. would have carried that idea as succinctly as midi count. But hey… we have the sequels to relish now…

10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I too would have preferred to get some of that, but I don't see it as having been dropped for anything redundant. It could easily have been part of the narrative in addition to what's there. It just didn't occur to the writers, or was deemed unnecessary.

...or too risky, in which case they would be wrong.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    dogprivilege and Darth PJ like this.
  11. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Qui-Gon should have worn his poncho.

12. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    And I still feel this way!!!

dogprivilege and Glitterstimm like this.
  13. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    The more I think about this, the more I feel that Reva was a character created very late in development, after the story had already been mostly written out. There's only one scene were she really comes together imo, as a character, which is when she talks to Obi-wan through the blast door.

dogprivilege likes this.
  14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    To me it just felt like somebody in the writers room thought it would be cool to have Reva try and kill Luke regardless of what little sense it made.

Nate787 likes this.
  15. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    with all these whacked out animals on Tatooine that the Disney plus shows are adding, we can get a Dark Souls clone set entirely on the planet

16. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I just finished watching the behind-the-scenes documentary on Disney+, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. One of the best making-of documentaries I've ever seen. It was great to see Ewan, Hayden, and all the actors in a jovial context, as opposed to the dark setting of the miniseries. Deborah Chow was a superb director for these episodes, and it was nice to hear her thoughts regarding the story and characters. I really liked what she had to say about Leia Organa. She was definitely correct: Luke couldn't have accomplished what he did in the CT without her. They did it together.

Additionally, I gotta say I like the new banner, and I'm excited for Andor. The more stuff we get that's comparable in tone to R1, TCW, and OBK, the better.

Sky_alma likes this.
  17. Sky_alma

Sky_alma Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2022
    Same!! Absolutely loved it =D= It got me emotional and it made me appreciate the series even more than I already did! They really put their heart into it, didn't they? Also, love the friendship between Hayden and Ewan :) Their chemistry is amazing and it really translates into their scenes as Anakin and Obi-Wan. I hope we get to see them reprise their roles in more flashbacks (preferably to the Clone Wars?) in the Ahsoka show.
    Oh, and Deborah Chow seems like such a nice person, and her words in the documentary show that she truly understands the complexity of these characters.

EHT and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  18. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Agreed. She's very nice and smart. I was glad to learn more about her through the doc.

I'm certain that we will get to see more of Hayden in the Ahsoka show. I was thinking as a Force ghost. Yet if they could get Liam to come back, surely they can do likewise with Ewan. Frankly, Ahsoka and Anakin need some reconciliation after what we saw between Ahsoka and Vader in Rebels.

Sky_alma likes this.