main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    No, you're wrong. He's right for everything. Literally everything. ;)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    *Glares at Chiznuk, Walter style*

"Say my name!"

3. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Seriously though he really knows how to use a desolate location to maximum effect. Not just with visuals but also on how it affects the characters psyche. And his character work is some of the best on TV. I think he'd do wonders with Kenobi.

BigAl6ft6 and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Exactly. I don't understand why he must be chaste. Let's not sex-shame Ben Kenobi.

Edit:
    This confuses me. He didn't just witness Order 66; he experienced it. How does that lead to "I just can't have sex ever again," bcs I don't understand. Anakin went dark, so Obi-Wan must be chaste? Weird. This reads as punishment to me, but why is he punishing himself? For what?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  5. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
  6. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Vince Gilligan is a very interesting suggestion. I think he could nail something very well done and intriguing. This needs to be a character piece and as much as Ewan will nail that, someone like Gilligan would nail it from a writing and showrunning perspective.

And cwustudent, surely you know and understand what Obi-Wan could possibly be punishing himself for... Being an integral part of the downfall of the Jedi, being an integral part of the rise of the Sith, being deeply involved with the Chancellor who became the Emperor.... to say nothing of being directly responsible for training the person who turned to the dark side and helped slaughter the Jedi. The sheer amount of guilt, regret, depression, weight, PTSD, survivor's guilt and other dark emotions that Obi-Wan and Yoda must both feel would be overwhelming.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    @Darth Chiznuk

Agreed that Gilligan would be an inspired choice. Good thinking.

Alternatively, they could just give it to Mangold. Especially if it's a limited 6-episode miniseries.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Mangold would be another good choice. A Kenobi film that's as good as Logan would be a dream.

BigAl6ft6 and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Obi-Wan: "Ahsoka?! What are you doing on Tatooine?"
    Ahsoka: "Hi Obi-Wan! I live here! I live in that hut just over there. I moved here when I heard you were bringing Luke here... you can help me watch over him."

Bor Mullet and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Hey! Where did you get a copy of my Kenobi film fan script? That's an invasion of privacy! :p

Bor Mullet and EHT like this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    There's Jawas out there, y'know.

cwustudent and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Scouting for locations already, doesn't seem likely a return to Tunisia and Dubai and Jordan may be seen as too expensive???

Almeira, Spain and Mojave, Yuma in the US seem to be the possibilities.

Lee_ likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm already getting Jedha vibes from the scenes we've seen on Pasaana so I hope they don't use Wadi Rum again. It has a pretty distinct look that isn't really Tatooine.

14. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm moving back down to SoCal near the Mojave, let it be there! It's right next to LA where all the movies get shot!

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They're going to fill a soundstage with sand, a deformed cactus and some rusted metal bits and then turn on fans while Ewan screams profanities at the fan operator.

16. BrotherKylo

BrotherKylo Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    So excited to see this new show. I just got done watching the 3 prequel movies and he was my favorite other than Jar Jar. (KIDDING)

17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    In the bargain bin at Walmart from what I hear.:p

18. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Co-sign:

Bor Mullet, BigAl6ft6 and chrcharcor2 like this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No Country For Old Ben is an episode title at least.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes, agreed. But the series title is already “Hello There”.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m partial to “The Mushrooms that Grow on the Vaporators.”

Has a classic ring to it.

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Nah, the title of the show is totally:

[​IMG]

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I must say, I hope we finally see a Krayt dragon.

Glitterstimm and kalzeth like this.
  24. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    An alive one you mean [face_skull]

25. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

Completely agreed.

Not entirely sure they'd pony up the budget to go shoot in Tunisia again for a TV show, but who knows? Hopefully they do, it'd be pretty lame them just using Nevada or Arizona or whatever to double for it stateside, wouldn't be the same. And you wouldn't want to just digital-background the hell out of this thing.

Even with all the Libya shiz of late, by middle-east standards you'd have to figure Tunisia's at least relatively-safe. Maybe not Jordan safe, but in the scheme of things...

Kinda can't wrap my head around them shooting a TV show on-location in the mideast though, personally, but it'd be a pleasant surprise if they do. Just kinda smelling more movie-magic "recreate it in L.A. and make up the difference digitally" like The Mandalorian though, personally. Which, hey, The Mandalorian looks great and all. But it'd be cool getting that real natural A New Hope on-location vibe to this if it's financially/logistically doable.

IlhamKamaruddin and kalzeth like this.