main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. RokurGepta

RokurGepta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2010
    Well, so far the release date has been: 2021.

If it still comes out in 2021, then they haven’t changed the release date.

2. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    I can't see it coming out in 2021 if they're starting to film in January 2021. Let's say maybe 3 months of filming then off it goes to post production which takes significantly longer.

3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe they should move back the release date. It worked for TROS. :p

4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    There
    In that same article you have these quotes from Edwards and Kathleen Kennedy so it comes down to who do you believe Kennedy and Edwards or Gilroy I am going with Kennedy and Edwards every day and twice on Sunday. Kathleen Kennedy is arguably the best producer in Hollywood History. This is the quote,

"Edwards had previously addressed the reshoots when EW spoke with him for a cover story on the film. “I mean it was always part of the plan to do reshoots,” he said. “We always knew we were coming back somewhere to do stuff. We just didn’t know what it would be until we started sculpting the film in the edit.”

Reshoots are common, especially on massive blockbusters, and he noted, “There’s lots of little things that we have to get, but it’s all little things within the preexisting footage.” Meanwhile, Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy said, “There’s nothing about the story that’s changing.”"

so basically Edwards and Kennedy are refuting what Gilroy is saying and I have said this so many times but its true you cant believe everything you read in the paper The Sports and Entertainment media has an agenda and doesn't always tell the truth.

Why do so many people call Kathleen Kennedy KK is it out of laziness or can you not spell Kathleen Kennedy?

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  5. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    What about Edwards not being able to edit his own movie and the reshoot duties being taken up by Gilroy, who said that the movie was "terrible, terrible trouble" before he came in and supposedly saved it?

6. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    common place in Hollywood they call it re-shoots. it was blown out of proportion. just like this Kenobi thing Ewan McGregor basically debunked this whole thing,

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  7. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

Jan 19, 2013

Usually the director of the movie gets to do the reshoots and edit the film.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    not all the time and according to Edwards and Kennedy Edwards was a part of the re-shoots he wasn't fired. look bottom line most of the time all we have to go on is reports from Hollywood trade papers. and as accurate as Hollywood Trade papers can be and as fun as they can be they are not on set they don't know for sure and Hollywood Trade papers are wrong a lot of the time. I think Ewan McGregor's comments on this make all of this a mute point...

9. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Lol, oh yeah, I'm sure that what he loves more than anything is having to shoot down THR and Variety articles while he's on the red carpet for other events. There's nothing more fun for him than catching flak for LFL and acting as their official spokesperson (for free), and that's why he used language I can't quote.

So mature of you to understand this all so much better than everyone else, you are like the king of maturity for quoting out one anti-LFL comment and saying everything is great.

wobbits and 2Cleva like this.
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    its neither great or terrible it's ok.nothing more.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    What I find most interesting about these rumors and reports is the tweet that they may be considering shifting the show into a film again.

Now, I may prefer a six to eight episode mini-series, but all the reports of script trouble I bet have to do more with translating the script into six episode series. Since Hollywod Reporter seems to think they might be trying to shorten it to four episodes instead, and the fact that Ewan cited creative troubles as BS makes me think that Lucasfilm actually likes the story, but are having trouble translating it to the small screen, and so might prefer to release it in that 2022 slot.

Since Lucasfilm and Kennedy still seem to be weighing their options for the future of Star Wars on film, I bet they are considering shifting the story back to a film, having it fill in that 2022 slot, and then starting their new saga of original films in 2024 (which gives them way more preproduction time to prep their new series of stories post-Skywalker saga).

At the end of day if they are confident in the story but feel it works best as a film, then they shouldn't force it. Just have Ewan rock the silver screen as Obi once more, then buy yourself a couple more years of development for the next big series of Star Wars films.

StardustSoldier and Count Yubnub like this.
  12. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    And they established a pattern in the process as well. The original pilot for GoT was never aired as a first episode. It ended up being, as pilots often are, more of a proof of concept.

With so many movies and TV shows being produced today, which means more opportunities for something to break through and connect with our own particular tastes, it's easy to forget that the process of creation is usually something other than a smooth one. Even Marvel, which a lot of people like to point to as the gold standard of planning-preparation-execution, Feige has said they're constantly reworking and adjusting scripts. Even after production has started.

StardustSoldier and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Relax. This is a completely normal part of a TV or film production. It’s not a disaster. How many times does that have to be repeated?

DarthKegs likes this.
  14. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I mean, I’m disappointed to hear this stuff, but I’m also glad that it isn’t outright cancelled.

I just hope that they have enough time to retool it into something worthwhile.

15. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    [​IMG]

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    both yes and no.

17. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Maybe, and I'm just spit-firing here, the best version of Obi-Wan in the time between ROTS and ANH is the one who lives a boring hermit's life while sprinkling in some occasional day-drinking?

(I mean, I want to see Ewan again. But a movie could turn it into a discrete event. Maybe an Inquisitor follows a lead and finds him, only for Obi-Wan to act before the Inquisitor has the chance to pass the word on to the higher-ups. And maybe Owen hears just enough about it to know Luke should not hang out with this guy. I don't like the idea Obi-Wan would be mentoring young Luke in any capacity before ANH. He's a guy Luke knows of, maybe met once or twice, but someone he's familiar with.)

18. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    They're taking their time to get it right, and folks are complaining?

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    If a movie “can turn it into a discrete event” why can’t a limited TV series?

Yup. People have been flipping out because of a rushed ST, and now some of the exact same people are flipping out because...of a non-rushed Obi-Wan show. There’s literally nothing Disney can do for people like that. Misanthropes are gonna misanthrope.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    of course they are complaining have you met star wars fans.

StardustSoldier likes this.
  21. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    @Bor Mullet, it could. I take a four-part TV series as basically a movie, especially if the episodes will be Mando's length.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Makes sense. Though I’m also open to a longer show with a deep world-building experience on Tatooine. A planetary environment fleshed out to a degree we’ve never seen in Star Wars. They need to try to break ground with these shows, and that’s one way. Just as the Mando broke ground with its format (which are on average closer to 40 minutes, not 30).

BigAl6ft6 and Fin McCool like this.
  23. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Let's not undersell day-drinking on a place like Tatooine.

BigAl6ft6, Bor Mullet and Fin McCool like this.
  24. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

Jan 19, 2013
    OR they'll jettison a perfectly good story for a mess like they did with Duel of the Fates/TROS.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    or they release it will be terrible if they release it too soon and scripts for duel of the fates is terrible the concept arts is cool but the script is no better then TROS. alos duel of fates horrible title glad Collin was fired horrible director.

indydefense likes this.