main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    Niiiiiiiiiice. Good to know. :):cool:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  2. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Hopefully they'll show us either:

1) The secret deal between Obi-Wan and R2 where they agree not to recognise one another in ANH for Luke's benefit OR...more realistically...

2) Where Obi-Wan thinks it makes sense to have selective memory about R2 and C3PO and their involvement in TCW and as Anakin's side-kicks, thereby preventing continuity between Obi's knowledge of, and links to, Anakin's past...and Luke's future.

3. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Who should score this project?

4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Danny Elfman.

Oh we are being serious?

5. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Three Six Mafia.

Ridin In Da Chevy blasts every time Vader is in his TIE Fighter.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Didn’t they erase all of r2s memory so he doesn’t know or was the 3po and I think it comes out like 2022!

7. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Only Threepio's mind was wiped. Artoo remembers everything.
    I don't think they'll appear in this show, though... but if there's a good reason for Obi-Wan to interact with Artoo and it happens organically, I'm game.

8. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Ah okay that makes sense yeah if it happens Luke doesn’t get them until later I wonder if we could see young Leia.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  9. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Now there's an interesting thought! A glimpse of ten-year-old Luke would hardly surprise anyone, but what if Bail and Leia make an appearance?
    Perhaps Alderaan has a role to play and they run into Vader? Maybe Obi-Wan needs to go there?
    Granted, ANH makes it sound like he and Bail haven't met since ROTS, but it's kind of open to interpretation.

Merrin and naw ibo like this.
  10. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Like they haven't met in person but have kept in contact from time to time. Leia's introduction is very formal as per the norm in Senatorial speak and indicates that they never met nor did she have any knowledge of him before she was sent on this mission.

That Organa knows with certainty that Obi-Wan is still on Tatooine after 20 years indicates his confidence of this being unaltered fact. This opens up the idea that sending an envoy in secret to contact him to go on some mission is something that could have happened previously.

That really is one of the most obvious and clearest ways to get him off Tatooine. I think that the most likely because it's ties in with ANH and allows them to bring Organa back for an appearance.

The impression that comes out of ROTS is that 3PO's memory works in a more linear and human way while R2's might be more compartmentalized. He has a current working memory but over time older ones self delete as not of use. They are still in there somewhere but they would need to be retrieved. Whatever the details they have no qualms about R2's knowledge or they just know he can keep a secret while protocol droids are far easier to get information out of.

I don't think that R2 remembers who Obi-Wan or Yoda are or who Anakin.For someone who knew them as well as he did he seems to have forgotten them after 20 years.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    darthfettus2015 and cwustudent like this.
  11. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    That seems likely, yes.

12. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I like to think the mission comes from Qui-Gon, not Bail.
    QUI-GON: That lightsaber belongs to the Chosen One. Are you ready to let it go?

Re: Bail:
    I wonder if Bail might reveal that secret during this series.

When Obi-Wan and Vader finally meet, I hope there's another temptation. Vader could tempt Obi-Wan, echoing Vader's offer in ESB and Dooku's offer in AOTC. Obi-Wan won't know if Vader is being sincere.

Or reverse that - Obi-Wan could plead with Vader to reject the dark side, and together they could destroy the Sith. I mean, Sith are their specialty.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    Lulu Mars likes this.
  13. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Still waiting on a Joel Edgerton confirmation...

RetropME likes this.
  14. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Fifteen years on, I'm glad to know that I'm wasn't the only one who was underwhelmed by the Obi-Wan v Anakin duel at the end of ROTS. It did look a bit too much like a videogame at times.

Intergalactic Lawman likes this.
  15. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Oh, you're not alone, it was sort of the final disappointment of the PT for me, after telling myself that the reward at the end would be the battle I'd imagined all my life. Over the years I've wondered how it went that way when the TPM duel still stands for me as the best of the saga.

Intergalactic Lawman likes this.
  16. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    Where’s Bowen?

17. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    After TPM the Anakin and Obi Wan fight is what it needed to be really. it needed to be a spectacle because anything less would be seen as a disappointment. you could never get away with the Maul vs Obi Wan rebels fight for ROTS. that fight only works because we have seen so many large scale fights that it felt more meaningful to defy it. so yeah really ROTS was what it needed to be. bigger and insane.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Shamear, Aah Fisto, Lee_ and 3 others like this.
  18. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    My lasting impression is also negative, remembering it being sort of a videogamey blur as well with some generic art direction.

But going back, there's some pretty awesome moments in it, specifically the intensity of the beginning and the hallway shot.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Yeah, it has awesome moments, for sure, and the character beats are mostly good, definitely iconic (although even that's a mix of iconic for being great and iconic for being pure cheese). I'd say overall it's almost a microcosm of my main beef with ROTS in general, which is that it's all over the place in every way -- narratively and tonally and in terms of quality.

juicepouch likes this.
  20. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    most of all... i hope obi wan is actually named as and calls himself Ben Kenobi...

21. juicepouch

juicepouch Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2020
    These Skywalkers and their hallway shots...

22. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Completely disagree. Bigger and insane does not have to mean swinging around like Tarzan over a cgi lava lake :oops:

It should have been long (yes), intense, emotional, believable and stuck closer to the original backstory. I mean who didn't imagine for years the fight between Obi Wan and Anakin fought beside a volcano where Obi Wan knocks him in?? :ben::vader: :bluesaber::redsaber:

There were moments of brilliance BUT also moments of sheer stupidity! :cool:

23. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    The Mustafar duel is pure brilliance.
    People facepalm at cool moments like this...
    [​IMG]
    ...because they can't watch them without blowing a cool fuse.

24. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    mustafar is the best thing in the PT... how i always imagined it.. George obviously too

wobbits and Lee_ like this.
  25. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 17X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    "Obi-Wan Kenobi. Obi-Wan... Now, that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time." EP IV: A New Hope

Set 10 years after ROTS, and a promised "rematch of the century", leaves us with 9 years that presumed to be a "long time."
    Would be a nice touch to hear the Tatooine locals refer to him as Old Ben.