main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    "The thread is one big thread dedicated to the Kenobi show" - Ric Ollie, 2021

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    “Obi-Wan Kenobi: Series Coming To Disney+“ - Ric Ollie

3. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I'll be curious if Obi-Wan's encounter with Vader in this series will factor in Padme's insistence "There is still good in him." And then does the fallout of this encounter convince Kenobi that Vader is irredeemable?

4. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    Last call for Rey's mom:

5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I bet she's going to witness Din get his eyes gouged out. Oh wait.

6. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I'm not sure who she's going to play, but you couldn't find a much closer live action resemblance to Duchess Satine. Not saying that's who she will play (in a flashback obviously), but she'd be pretty spot on.

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    What about Nicole Kidman? She and Ewan have worked together before in Moulin Rogue. She even played a character named Satine.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    RetropME likes this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  9. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I don't care who she's playing, I loved this actress in Rome, so I'd be really happy to see her in Star Wars!

10. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Cate Blanchett would beg to differ.

11. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    She could be playing some Tatooine local Obi-Wan encounters.

Or even an Imperial Inquisitor or ISB agent searching for Jedi and Force sensitives.

12. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    both these options sound great.

TadoFett and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  13. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Yeah I’m thinking brand new character.

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    She was absolutely brilliant in “Rome,” so I’m looking forward to this.

15. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Yeah you could. LOL Given that SW generally, as I recall, doesn't make big changes in characters appearances between animated, live action, etc, and her sister is Bo-Katan and looks very similar to the animated version(I think I've heard they based her on Katee Sackoff but still), do you think they are going to ask this women of color to dye her hair white blonde/wear blonde wig and wear blue contacts? This isn't 2004 and Jessica Alba(see Fantastic Four-Sue Storm).

Plus in the SW universe, Satine died 11 years ago. The actress is in her late 40s(around Ewan's-and Obi-Wan's- age now--geez I think Ewan is turning 50 at the end of the month, still lookin' good:)). The bulk of Obi-Wan and Satine's relationship took place when they were very early 20s(per Hidalgo, and Wookiepedia, they were teenagers). Why would they cast an actress older than Satine was when she died to play a character whom Obi-Wan mostly knew when they were 20 and would only be seen in flashbacks?

She's a pretty heavy duty actress, she's the 3rd one announced. I think that means Indira Varma is going to have a larger, more important role than a couple of flashbacks to give Obi-Wan some more manpain(because losing his whole culture, all his Jedi family, the younglings murdered and geez everything with Anakin/Vader isn't enough LOL--I only laugh so I don't cry). Maybe a Jedi hunter(either of the inquisitor type or bounty hunter type), maybe a rebel leader, etc.

Plus I really think most of the flashbacks(and I don't believe we've even heard they will be using many of them, I think, though not sure, this is an assumption we fans are making) will be Clone War era precisely so they don't have to do a lot of de-aging on Ewan, Hayden, etc. Just make up and camera tricks and lighter de-aging technology. It's one thing to have "Luke" standing there with a very calm demeanor as in The Mandalorian, it's another to take 20 or 30 years off in scenes that would likely be chosen as flashbacks for their emotional significance.

Ooh not a bad idea. You know though, that would be a good reason for Obi-Wan to leave the planet in the first place, to go through the test. Naturally this being SW it can't be a straightforward trip there and back, "stuff" would have to happen on the way to and/or from.

Jedi Knight Fett and TadoFett like this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I don't quite understand what would lead one to speculate/ hope that Indira Varma is playing a Whill. Is it something about her that I'm missing? Just seems like a totally wrong role for her...

17. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    I was just making a little comment on the other poster's idea(in fact I originally had "probably not though because of the "mask" etc", but I figured I didn't need that line so erased it, looks like I should have left it in), the main thrust of my comment was that the Whills challenge would be a good reason for Obi-Wan to leave Tattoine. I'd imagine she could ACT a Whill quite well, she's a very good actress but I think she'd be hired for a more active role.

But that certainly wasn't my main speculation, which was in the larger part of the post above, that she would probably be a Jedi hunter or a rebel or something along those lines, something that was a major role.

Actually came back to post that maybe, if the timeline works(which it might? possibly) she might be Trulla Sudari - the Second Sister Inquisitor. She died 14 BBY. This takes place about 9 years prior to ANH I think, which would be around 14 BBY, so it could be before she died? However I don't really know anything about the video game or her character beyond that(I was looking up Inquisitors just now) so that could be an impossibility for other reasons even if the timelines works.

One of them I could think of is the age thing again, from what I just read, she was still a padawan at the end of the war so would probably be 15 to 20 years younger. But it could be one of those cases where they create a new character sort of based on an existing one(like Eeth Koth and Agen Kolar), different name and back story but inspired by the other one's existence. In the case of Koth and Kolar it was because of actor changes(and I think the same thing happened with Stass Allie and Adi Galia) but still there is precedence for doing something like that.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Kenobi is probaly the one show we could get with alive action whill before we go way into the origin of the jedi.

TadoFett, naw ibo and Bor Mullet like this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Force priestess. :-B

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    A force priestess of the whill if not mistaken, as Qui gon is said to be trained by priestess of the whills?

21. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    The Shaman of the Whills.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    They've never called them anything but Force priestesses. Whills seem to be something separate.

23. ewoksimon

Oct 26, 2009
    Per Lucas, the Whills are single cell organisms. Whether or not that's considered canon, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    She's a good actress. I could see her portraying a convincing single cell organism.

25. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    I mean, I don't know if single celled organisms could write what's basically the GFFA's bible. But sure. Yeah. Whatever.

I've seen some speculate that she could be playing Satine in flashbacks. Now, this isn't much more than hopeful thinking.

I personally think she's gonna play an Inquisitor. We got Vader as the main villain, we get a few mentions of "Jedi Hunters." why not Inquisitors?

Mostly Handless likes this.