main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Judge them by their size do you? And well you should not. For their ally is the Force and a powerful ally it is!

2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    https://thedirect.com/article/star-wars-ewan-mcgregor-obi-wan-kenobi-cassian-andor-cast

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Indira would make a good Annileen Calwell.

DarkRula, Bor Mullet and Riv_Shiel like this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    With Kenobi having a role in Andor, i think maybe kenobi visits Alderaan and we see Bail and his wife Breah Ograna who will be played by Indira. Illumimati some time ago reported on child actors for luke and Leia.

5. I believe in some point Disney will contradict storys of the cartoons, books and comics for live action i wouldn't be surprised if Maul appears on this show and contradicts Rebels and do a live action version of Old Wounds

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2021
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Comics and books maybe, but cartoons is just as important as live action for Lucasfilm.

7. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    I don't know that I would trust this. The original report is based on pretty much nothing except a rumor from Illuminerdi. Which itself gives no basis for the rumor. Anyone can say "There are rumors that...."

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Yeah, I don't see Disney/LFL contradicting the animated series. Not with how popular TCW is - and not with how much The Mandalorian has been leaning into the animated shows e.g. Ahsoka, Thrawn, Bo Katan.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    For now it's just a rumor but the Illuminati has been credible in recent years i have seen, Kenobi in Andor makes sense with in reason, with his relatioship with Bail. plus we know he will jump to other planets in Kneobi so i can see a visit to Alderaan with Bail and Breah present. I think both Kenobi and Andor will be connected like Mando and it's story, maybe not as mutch but will be somewhat, as not many years between them.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. yodasoda2187

yodasoda2187 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    Can we just have some shows be their own thing and NOT connect to every other show? I'm already so tired of all the cameos in the Mandalorian and it's only getting worse with the interconnected spinoffs. Star Wars is this huge universe but we've got to have the same handful of characters in every show?

11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Give it time, its going in that direction. Right now its important to come out and try to tie in to things. It's great to see a character that was in one area appear in another. That was what made legends great in my opinion. That special ability to relate from one story to the other. The ROTS novel was a great example of this. Mace fighting Palpy and resorting to Vapaad.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Acolyte and Lando maybe will be the only series not connected to the other shows. I can see people not liking the connective tissue but really it's part of star wars. I think Kenobi and Andor will connect like Rebels does to TCW, as it did connect not mutch but some. It will thell their onw story with b-plots to connect.

13. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't see why Lando won't be connected. but then connected doesn't mean they need to feel like continuations from each other. they are in the same time period after all.

Only thing id be surprised about is that the Obi Wan show is set 10 years after ROTS and Andor is said to be set 5 years before Rogue One. so we would be seeing a later Kenobi in this show and an earlier one in Kenobi. id have thought in that case showing the Kenobi show first in the schedule would be more suited then showing Andor show and then showing Kenobi show after.

The cameos are icing on the cake. now too much icing is sickly and no icing is just abit disapointing and plain. even with the jam which is just the recognisable ships and planets you might see.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    cwustudent, Shamear and naw ibo like this.
  14. Wilhuff's Slippers

Wilhuff's Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2019
    I fully believe Maul could feature, but there is absolutely zero chance of Lucas Film contradicting the events of Rebels.

15. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I agree with that. Part of what has always attracted me to Star Wars is how it feels like each story is a piece in a larger puzzle. There are times when it feels forced (e.g. Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan in R1) and then it runs the risk of the universe feeling small, but I'm all for it when it makes sense. What's the point of having an interconnected universe if you never connect anything? When done right it makes the universe feel real.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This is also part of the marvelization of star wars that they want to keep doing now, I think we could see characters from Andor in Kenobi and vice versa, I suspect a few more known characters in Book of Boba and Mando season 3.

17. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Problem is if Andor is released before Kenobi then events would be going backwards. since Andor is set after Kenobi.

Id put out Kenobi first in that case. but Andor is already filming so... yeah.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Shamear likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe we get a tease of Kenobi in Andor before his whole series, setting up his relationship with Bail before Kenobi.

19. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    But Kenobi is set I think about 5 years BEFORE Andor, so I'm not sure how it would set up anything. From the perspective of the Kenobi series, Andor is set in the future.

Shamear likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well set up him working with Bail that maybe not Kenobi covers.

21. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    There's just also the issue of having Ewan's first appearance as Obi-Wan in over fifteen years be on someone else's show first. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but to me it wouldn't feel right.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think his first appearance might be in hologram and after Kenobi we might see him and Bail meet.

23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    It happened with Ahsoka. And it felt very right.

DarthKegs likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    just add some white to Ewan's Kenobi's beard.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Spoiler alert: it isn’t

Not purposefully. By accident almost certainly