main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think both Palpatine and Bail will be in it, i doubt they share any scenes, But Vader and Palpatine, Kenobi and Bail. We can see the view points from Both Kenobi and Vader. We may see Vader kill a jedi when we first see him again, and thats how Obi Wan learns of his old friend again. Maybe a surviving jedi finds Kenobi and they both try to draw out Vader. BVut first have to deal with inqusitors, maybe help the early rebel cells with imperial targets just to draw the sith.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  2. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Not necessarily. We didn’t see him in ANH and they honoured that in Rogue One by not showing him.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well the arts of this show, hologram Palpatine talking with Vader, and we got Palpatine in rebels, witch is close to AHN.

4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    If Vader has any lead on Obi-Wan's location, it would make sense for Vader to ask Palpatine for permission to hunt him down rather than doing it behind his back. In this case, Palpatine's appearance in the show would be more likely in hologram.

5. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well isn't Vader known to do stuff behind Palpatines back?

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Only in the comics though and in movies and tv shows he always reports to Palpatine.

7. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    That was a missed opportunity. To show Sidious, Vader and Tarkin all together in a scene showing how that dynamic worked at that time.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Hopefully we can have that in this or in Andor.

9. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    You need to remember this can't and probably won't be Star wars all stars. as neat as it would be. they probably won't be putting everything they can find into this.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think this story will be saga level star wars, this won't some logan type story, Ewan would want it to be epic and like saga story, so you have Oib Wan, you have Darth Vader, you maybe another jedi and jedi hunters and the world building, the empire's presece.

11. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    In other words, it will likely undermine ANH.

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    more likley it will imrove AHN.

naw ibo likes this.
  13. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think they will throw too much into this. they need to know where to stop. its not like this is the show that can have these characters. i mean does tarkin need to be in Kenobi? not really. can he be mentioned? sure. but is he necessary? no he isn't. im sure it would be cool to get all 3, Vader, tarkin and Palpatine in the same room. but is it necessary? no. it would be cool. but not necessary.

14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Who's talking about necessity? This is storytelling, not food aid.

cwustudent and KyleKartan like this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We don’t know what the story is. How can we know what’s necessary to tell it?

16. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you go in expecting all these characters to appear. It's fun to speculate, sure, but don't treat anything as an absolute certainty. We might see a couple of these characters, but it's very unlikely that we'll get all or even most of them.

This is what happened to MCU fans with WandaVision, they went into the show with all these unrealistic expectations about 50 different characters making appearances and then were disappointed when it turned out that the writers were more interested in telling a story than writing a parade of cameos.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Except kenobi is probaly more if iron man got a show. Sure it aint needed. But this show might be the last we see of Ewan, Hayden, and Liam. And it's why they changed the scripts. Ewan wanted Hayden back and he wants it to be an epic storytelling adventure like the trilogies were in some way. Sure you don't need Tarkin, but if the empire has a big presence, his void will be felt.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  18. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    They did that with The Mandalorian Season 2 and it ruined that show...so I wouldn't put it past them [face_shame_on_you]

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Remember this was going to be a movie, maybe even a trilogy. So excpect it to work in it's storytelling as one.

20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    You and I have different definitions of "ruined" I think.
    However, completely unrelated, I want to compliment you on your avatar - it's awesome!

I don't think it was ever going to be a trilogy. I know there were some rumors/speculation to that effect, but I doubt that was ever in the plans.
    And for now I don't think we can be too sure that this project has very much in common with the originally planned movie, as it seems to have gone through several different phases of re-writes and changes in writers.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    From what i gather the first since being made into a tv show would have it work like mandalorian with Obi wan and Luke as the child, and people would try to find Kenobi until the ladt episode, that has been changed as it was too close too the mandalorian. I don't think Hayden was part of that story, so they changed it and probaly other factors.

22. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    It doesn't matter whether it was gonna be a trilogy or not. there are things that just ain't necessary. its like sure they could have got Palpatine in Rogue one for a scene. he gets mentioned. Vader could have had a holo chat with him saying that the plans were stolen. why not? but it wasn't necessary. you can work a story without having everyone involved. when you have 1 high up. you don't always need the 2nd high up to validate the previous.

I mean if they do Clone wars flashbacks it could be neat to see Ahsoka, to see SLJ back as Windu ect ect. but you just kinda have to imagine it would certainly get very busy of they were to throw everyone in there. id be more than happy to see it all. i just don't think its realistic that they will.

The people working on Kenobi probably would love to throw it all in there too. but they likely need to keep the scripts as tight as possible.

There is alot of rumors that the original concept of Kenobi was that Obi Wan was only gonna appear at the end. and it was gonna be new characters searching for him through out the movie. that was then changed.

It sounds crazy to think that might have been the case. but imagine if that actually was gonna be the case?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    Mostly Handless likes this.
  23. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    I thought they changed the scripts because it was too much like The Mandalorian? Basically it's because they were unable to get it actually DONE for so long, the Mandalorian basically came along and did their story(that space western feel too etc). So they decided they really needed to go in a different direction, not because of wanting specific characters in it, but not wanting to seemingly be copying another story. The need to tell a different type of story just happened to bring Hayden into it.

I don't think that was EVER the case, not if Ewan was involved. He's not coming back to Kenobi to play a cameo at the end, he loved playing him and clearly wanted to for a long time. I mean I guess way back in the early stages of looking at possibly doing a film but I don't think it was ever really a concept that was developed, more like a "well what if we can't get him for long", one idea among many based on Ewan's willingness and availability because they hadn't really discussed it with him yet.

24. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I dunno. i think Ewan would have agreed to come back even for a small role. remember its taken a few years for Disney to kinda ease into more prequel stuff. so its possible they thought they really needed to limit it and Ewan probably would have agreed, maybe even understood after years of backlash, just to be able to play him again.

I mean it also sounds like Hayden may have originally just been a Cameo but had his role expanded apon later.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't think Ewan would have done a cameo or without Hayden, also nah it seems he would not have done it without Hayden again.