main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. robot120

robot120 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2001
    It’s funny that a movie would have only been 2 hours. And now we could be getting 6 hours and that seems too short!

I really believe Solo would have worked better as a tv show. Most of the setup in that movie could have benefited from being fleshed out. I would watch a whole season of Han navigating his way in the Empire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    I hope Crimson Dawn has a part in one of this Series.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    How would that come off if Maul isn't supposed to know about Obi-Wan on Tattooine until the Rebels episode?

4. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Doesn’t have to be the Obi Wan Series. It’s probably more likely in te Cassian series.

5. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Hey 6 episodes would still be great. its just surprising for a TV series, at least in the US to get only 6 episodes

Could still happen.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If I remember correctly Maul is simply surprised that Kenobi still lives. He could be surprised that he survived Order 66 or he could simply be surprised that he's still alive after their last encounter. I think there's enough ambiguity to allow for another Kenobi/Maul confrontation. Obviously not on Tatooine since Maul definitely doesn't know Kenobi is there before Rebels but perhaps on Malachor. Kenobi could be the reason why he's stranded there which could explain why he still wants revenge on Kenobi even after killing Satine.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You're not suggesting Kenobi would actually leave Tattooine at some point between ROTS and ANH, are you? That would throw the notion of him being a hermit whose sole purpose was to protect Luke out the window.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    If it's to protect Luke, sure. You can write a story where Maul is slowly uncovering the truth that Padme had given birth before she died and Obi-Wan has to stop him before he unravels the entire affair and puts Luke and Leia's lives in danger. In order to do that he obviously has to leave the planet. They confront each other on Malachor and Kenobi leaves him stranded there.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  9. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I want to believe this is true especially since I'm a huge Kenobi fan

However given that over the past few days we've heard rumours of everything from a Darth Bane series to Rose Tico: A Star Wars Show, I've come to the personal conclusion that these are either false clickbait leaks with no substance.

OR
    It's all true and Lucasfilm/Disney have learned absolutely nothing in the past five plus years and believe that anything with "Star Wars" attached to it's title will be a smash hit....

Could be either explanation at this point

10. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I want as much Star Wars as they will throw at me. I enjoy a lot of it, not the biggest fan of some, but I just want more. Then I can inevitably find more that I like.

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    From the time Disney picked up the franchise and the possibility of spin-off films was first rumored, a McGregor/Kenobi feature has been the one thing I've looked forward to the most. And while there's a lot to be said for the charm and appeal of the movie-going experience (so not getting to see it in the theater would be a bit of a bummer), if a series is the only way to get that Kenobi story told, that's cool with me.

The format often allows for deeper characterization than one might see in a two hour movie. That's a plus. And I'll admit my first thought at reading "six episodes" was something like, "Wait, that's all?" But then another way for me to look at it is the notion that six hours of material is roughly the equivalent of an entire trilogy's worth of films. Right on.

I don't know that I trust the source (I've seen too many SWNN 'scoops' prove to be inaccurate for that), but if true, color me very, very excited. :obiwan::bluesaber:

12. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Obi-wan has no ship and he has very little money. He has no way to leave the planet. There is zero reason for Maul to be in an Obi-wan series on Tatooine.

13. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    He could still have Grievous' ship, their are ways to make money and Maul would be awesome in a Kenobi film. ;)

Palp_Faction likes this.
  14. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Personally, I don't want to see Darth Maul in this Series. Dart Maul was a great Character; but I am from the school of thought that Lucas was right to kill him off in Episode I. Qui-Gon Jinn needed to die, and Obi-Wan to avenge him, so that Obi-Wan Kenobi could emerge as Anakin's Master; the Character that we all know and love. Of course, his survival is Canon, so he could end up in the Series. I guess it would be cool to see a rematch between Ray Parks' Darth Maul, and McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi. :)

And as far as action goes, they could easily have flashbacks to the Clone Wars in Obi-Wan's mind. They could also have Obi-Wan battle a certain Krayt dragon on Tatooine. ;)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  15. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    No way they spend the entire 6 episodes (and possibly more) solely on Tatooine. They will absolutely play fast and loose with the implied canon explanation that he literally never left Luke’s side. I would expect they could even utilize him on covert missions for the Rebellion - Bail and Mothma has clearly discussed him before when they last minute loop him and Leia into the plan to escape with the Death Star plans in R1.

Also totally agree with the thought that they will undoubtedly reuse the Mandalorian’s Mos Eisley stage for Kenobi, as well as all the Costumes and aliens. So I expect a good amount of the series to take place there. But he will leave.

16. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    The Rebellion and the Empire have no place being in a Tatooine Ben Kenobi series. it is clear in ANH that he hadn't been Obi-wan Kenobi since Luke and Leia were born. It is also clear from Leia's message that the last thing he did on the galactic stage was fight in the clone wars and has been out of contact with Bail Antilles since that time. Ben Kenobi is a hermit, a series about him has to respect that, the stage must be small featuring speeder gangs, moisture farmers, desert survival, sandpeople, krayt dragon.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That doesn't sound like enough to fill a full six hour story to me; but who's counting?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  18. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    He's a hermit - from a certain point of view......

19. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I know it's supposedly a "limited series" but does anyone else hope for multiple seasons of this hypothetical Kenobi series?

Bossk_Baby likes this.
  20. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    No, I think 6 hours is a good amount. High quality, no filler.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  21. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    The thought of a multi-season Kenobi TV Series, ala The Fugitive (60's TV Series), sounds good; but I think it would be hard to come up with that many episodes during his Tatooine years, that would keep people interested. A 6 episode Mini-Series sounds about right to me. Though, certainly if they come up with good reasons to go beyond 6 episodes, I would love it. :)

22. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I initially thought a six-episode mini series would be enough but honestly if they can come up with multiple seasons of engaging and differing stories then bring it on.

23. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    Absolutely. Disney is in the money making business. They look at a talent like Ewan, the fan interest in the character, and a 19 year time frame to tell stories in.

I know fans want ANH respected but I would bet the moisture farm on LFL saying ‘sure he kept a low profile and mostly watched over Luke, but he got up to some other adventures too. Approximately 6 or 7 seasons worth!’

SilentGuy66 and Palp_Faction like this.
  24. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It really depends how they do these shows. personally i am assuming these will be arcing episodes of one long story, rather than new stories each episode. and if that is the case... there is alot you could do there.

If you tried to do a different story each episode... that could be tough.

The charm also would be that they could do more episodes if they space out different stories.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    The third(Obi wan) star wars tv show begins production in the UK. according to fatha tracks.