main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A PG rated Starship Troopers....

2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Come to think of it, they do have special effects to make characters a lot younger even if the actors play them like they did with John Connor for Terminator dark fate.

Especially for Tarkin and Princess Leia.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    That would be cool. The budget would be through the roof though... unless they thought of some conceit to make it smaller in scope.

4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    The only thing i question is that its TV series rather then a movie, so would that reduce the chances of de-aging in the show? will they have the money and resources to pull it off?

The only show i know that has at least tried to pull it off is Star Trek: Picard and i do get the sense they might have struggled abit with the effect. or not had the resources to fully make it work.

Like its still early days for tv budgets type deal.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Would love Flashbacks that show us previously unseen moments between Anakin and Kenobi.

I think it could be cool if Kenobi is haunted by Anakin throughout the show. Ghosts of the past and past failures haunting him. Leading up to him eventually finding out that he's still alive.

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I personally have had enough of Anakin. And maybe he’s had enough of us dragging him back to the screen over and over again? Let the poor kid Rest In Peace!

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  7. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    It should be a private detective show. Like Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased). Kenobi and Jinn(Deceased).

They could investigate Bantha rustling, fly-tipping at the Sarlacc pit, illegal parking of a dewback, err...Jawa abuse?...Pod race result fixing?

BigAl6ft6 and Jolee Bindo like this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It’s a show where Obi-Wan will likely still be dealing with Anakin’s betrayal so he seems like a pretty natural inclusion.

wobbits, LawJedi and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    This show might be the last time we see both Obi Wan and Anakkin Skylwaker in physical media.

10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    this is likely the case and we haven't seen Hayden since 2005, 15 years ago. This is last chance to ever see him in the role, same for the Padme "rumors".

other than Kenobi tv show, we likely will only see them in comics/novels or more Animation etc more to end up reading material over physical.

heck I wouldn't mind if the Jar Jar rumors are true.[face_whistling]

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I'm sure we get tie material with the Keonbi show that may go into his past before TMB with his master and Satine. In animation we have two options, either them as force ghosts or an animation show between episode 1 and episode 2 when Anakin was a padawan. Also Jar Jar deserves to be brought back in live action in either Kenobi or Mandalorian as Mando's sidekick later on. We know he still lives but in exile on Naboo.

12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    would love an animated series between 1 and 2, 10 years is a very long timespan. You can even tell stories about other Jedi+Palps, Dooku, Padme, Jango etc in that period.

just imagining, Jar Jar taking care of Baby Yoda while the Mando goes kick ass, lol. I do like the Lone Wolf and Cub aspect but would be nice if we get some permanent members joining the crew.

or we could get depressed bearded Jar Jar with depressed bearded Kenobi hanging out and talking about the old days. Either way, Jar Jar needs some real redemption especially withe post Empire.

13. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    There are several threads:

AOTC
    Junior Novel:
    Maybe Obi-Wan will know about it during the show, and that will change how he saw Anakin.
    (Vader is the first and last sith in these films to see a jedi dissapear, and that came from Obi-Wan or maybe Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon knew about the Tusken Raiders; he screams 'no!' at him)

Another thread is maybe about Han/Qi'ra/Maul/Jabba. Han's heading to Tatooine at the end of 'Solo' and Maul and Qi'ra are after him. 'Beckett and his accomplices' - but Beckett was killed.
    Han asks Luke 'where did you dig up that old fossil?' But maybe the fossil had heard about Han. Other Han-related lines could be retconned into Obi-Wan touching his beard:
    There's also the Alderaanian connection. Both Luke and Leia call him Ben in ANH.

And, of course, 'you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy'. That, said by him, is something.

And...there's Watto and his workshop, too.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think they are needed but I do think they will happen

15. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    What's the latest with this series, does it begin filming this year or next ?

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    We don’t know. Deborah Chow just recently said they’re still in production but that’s all we’ve heard.

DarthKegs and Bor Mullet like this.
  17. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I am happy to hear the update from Chow. Hope it continues to go well.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Its kinda strange to think that they may have totally restarted from scratch on this project. it does seem like that.

19. DarthKegs

DarthKegs Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 21, 2019
    Thanks for that. Really hope this doesn't go the same way as so many other rumoured Star Wars projects have over the years. This is the one I really want to see make it to the screen.

20. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Me too, this is were star wars as an IP has had its problems. Delays, setbacks, negativity, bad news, and cancellations after hyping things up aint very good. Hopefully this and other stuff are a go and not more of the above that I wrote.

iPodwithnomusic and DarthKegs like this.
  21. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    In all seriousness I actually really like this angle. Obi-Wan acting as an itinerant PI whose detective skills seem almost supernatural to outsiders...

If you think about what job a Jedi would take if they had to hide their powers but still wanted to use them surreptitiously, it'd make a lot of sense.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    cwustudent and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    They're probably going to use the Mandalorian volume video wall technology to put this on Tatooine instead of going on set I feel.

23. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I’m just glad it’s happening. Anything with Ewan as Kenobi will be great - I’m sure of it.

24. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Brief talk about Obi Wan

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    He already looks ready to film. :obiwan: