main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I want that hat

2. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    That jacket is looking sharp as well.

3. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Trouble on the horizion? The way I've had this explained to me is that it will basically put a stop to any movie and television production and post production work happening in the US if the strike is authorized

4. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Good on them.

Guess Disney/Lucasfilm had better get cracking on those anime series, then.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  5. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
  6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Where's the best place to hide a leaf? In a forest.

7. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Is there Team Vader swag?

wobbits likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Does that mean there are, like, millions of Lukes on Tatooine?

9. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    That explanation works better with Yoda on Dagobah, I think.

Django Fett likes this.
  10. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Agreed. I think the idea would be that Vader would get outwitted because he would not think to look in the most obvious place in the galaxy.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think the idea is that Vader has no reason to look for Luke because he doesn’t know he survived so as long as Obi-Wan keeps a low profile he should be okay. Tatooine is an out of the way wasteland with no Imperial presence.

RetropME and naw ibo like this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No. Luke is sand. Coarse, irritating and going nowhere.

MrDarth0, Fjall and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    What gets everywhere but goes nowhere?

14. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    If Luke is sand, then Anakin was likely also sand. Making his hatred of sand a veiled form of self-loathing. Which brings more layers of meaning to the prequels. So dense.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  15. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    "I don't like Anakin. He's coarse, and rough, and irritating. And he gets everywhere."

Makes sense.

naw ibo, Sproj and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Also like sand. Wow, mind blown! And given Naboo had so much glass, it constantly also reminded him of sand and as the figure head of the planet, Padme was actually a way for Anakin to keep his enemy super close!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Obi Wan easily shattered through glass at the beginning of AOTC, foreshadowing how easily he would shatter Anakin.

Sproj and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh so Hayden was trying to tell us something with his first big post-Star Wars role
    [​IMG]

19. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Wow, I always thought that was just some intentionally corny line about sand. Imagine my surprise that it is a mile deep, and people are meditating on its meaning!

Sproj and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Also grim. ****ing grim.

cwustudent and Bor Mullet like this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if we see Vader and his inqusitors kill any jedi before Kenobi comes and if like legends he seesit on the holonet. Maybe the empire destroys a whole city. We know they love to glass and destroy planets.

23. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Luke hiding with Owen semi makes sense. Owen wasn't high profile and never seemed to matter to Anakin. In AoTC, he never seemed friendly with them. In fact, I always read an underlying hostility like he blamed them for Shmi's passing (or maybe the fact that the family bought her as a slave at all). Leia with someone as high profile as the Organa's doesn't. Like hmmm, my wife's best Senate buddy suddenly adopted a new kid out of nowhere right after my wife suddenly died in childbirth. Hmmm....

24. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Only that Anakin doesn't know that Padme died during childbirth. Palpatine tells him that he killed her in his anger. He thinks that she was still alive at that point, but he can't really know. And Padme was also appearing pregnant during the funeral, so it's not like he could check with anyone who would claim that his children made it.

I don't see any hostility towards Owen or his family either. Yes, he looked angry when he came back, but he called them good people beforehand, and when he lashed out after his return, and when sitting at his mother's grave, he didn't blame them at all. Instead he blamed Obi Wan, the Jedi and himself, and obviously also the Tuskens, as he went on to kill them all.

As far as Anakin is concerned, his child (he didn't know about it being twins) died when Padme died.

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

https://www.dalzellandberesford.com/assets/ee/cv/Indira_Varma.pdf
    Indira Varma is named Tia it seems. some speculate she could be paying Bail's sister as she is named Tia it seems, i could buy it. An imperial from Alderaan with ties to Bail.

According to Jordan we might see Kenobi in may, So two months at least from Boba to Kenobi, Anodr probaly after. I think Bad Batch will come right after Boba.