main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    He wasn’t injected. He was always there from the moment he was introduced.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    This show is going to be big, with Obi Wan, Darth Vader, clone wars flashbacks, Inqusitors, Rebels characters from the animated show, possible Yoda and Qui Gon cameo, Leia and Bail returning, possible Empror Palpatine cameo. Planets like Alderaan and Mustafar appearing, maybe Corucant. This is all we know or been relliable rumors.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Awesome. Then use spoiler tags.

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah, much more epic than a lot of people first thought. As I've said, a full-on sequel to ROTS. I wonder what the overall budget will come in at?

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    oh sorry didn't think we needed spoiler tags for this, as it's not 100%. but yeah probarly should.

But yeah this sems like a sequel to ROST and a prequel to Rebels and Rogue One. Episode 3,5. This show even wikth the volume will probaly be very expensive to make as you make 6 hour movie. I think this will show how far the volume can go. Season 2 of mandalorian looked great but you could see there were restrictions. also I wonder if we get familar characters with deepfake cameo in this show.

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    It just seems like speculation that there will be flashbacks but I seriously hope they capitalize on it. Realistically, we know this won't be the last time Vader will be seen in live-action, but this will likely be the last time we will see Obi-Wan and Anakin in live-action.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    At least when still alive, we might get force ghost Obi Wan, Anakin and Yoda int stories after ROTJ.

8. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I understand that. I meant, physically sticking him in the Obi Wan show just because his backstory put him there- with everything else the show is rumored to cover.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah as awsome as that would be, i think at least we get a cameo or hint at Grogu and who saved him. It's one of the jedi on Corucant and not many famous jedi there except Mace Windu or Jocosta Nu. I doubt he waited to be resued by jedi coming later. Or the empire has him for some good time.
    I hope for Kenobi and Yoda force skype, we know they stayed in touch. Also Yoda is rumored to appear.

10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't believe Yoda was ever part of any rumor.

Even Qui-Gon hasnt been rumored. We just speculate that it would make sense if he did appear.

11. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Unless it was Obi Wan himself who pulled Grogu out- which I have a hard time buying because he's busy enough as it is in ROTS, I don't see why we would need to see who pulled Grogu out and the circumstances behind it in the Kenobi series. Why can't that be something that is revealed in Mando or the Ahsoka show since she learned that from him.

dogprivilege and Riv_Shiel like this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Oh yeah sure we will likley hear about it in Ahsoka. Mando arc is now Mandalore. Obi Wan might give us some hint aobut Grogu. Maybe they reveal who the jedi was that saved him in either kenobi, Bad Batch or Ahsoka.

Sproj likes this.
  13. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    If that is all legitimate we really are looking at one of the biggest Star Wars events in history.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah this and Ahsoka show.

Sproj likes this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    With recent news of Anakin in Ahsoka, i think both this show and Ahsoka can be tied together with Ahsoka in clone wars flashbacks and Kenobi learning to be a force ghost by Qui gon, as we might get force gghost Kenobi in Ahsoka. Maybe a present time fulcrum Ahsoka with Bail.

Sproj likes this.
  16. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    The Jedi didn't "badly screw up throughout the PT" though. The worst "screw-up" they did was fight for the Republic in the Clone Wars which is something they shouldn't have done. They are keepers of the peace who became soldiers but what else where they to do? That was the insidious way they were entrapped by Darth Sidious.

The actual Star Wars Saga of Lucas shows that the Jedi were correct in their thinking. What got them into trouble was when they did things Jedi shouldn't like becoming soldiers or Mace trying to cut down an unarmed man who he had defeated. Anakin did so with Dooku, Mace tried to do that with Palpatine (regardless that Sidious wasn't really as helpless as he seemed).

If they have Obi-Wan question the Jedi's ways then it would have to be very specific about from their decisions to not follow the Jedi way in those instances.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Fighting for the Republic wasn’t the screwup. Allowing the Republic to be destroyed from within by Palpatine was the screwup.

PymParticles likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The jedi should never be the republic's police force and should be two different factions working together. The sith might have helped the jedi becoming more apart of the goverment.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Both the Republic and the Jedi have lost their way by the time of the prequels. The Jedi literally sit in an ivory tower while they pass judgment on the rest of galaxy. You can’t paint a more clear visual that the Jedi have lost touch with the rest of the galaxy. The Jedi are absolutely 100% wrong to get pulled into the Clone Wars. It’s a manufactured war and they’re too blind to see it. That doesn’t make them evil but they are wrong.

Yes, that’s the point. You’re right what else are they to do? They’ve tied themselves so thoroughly to a corrupt and dying institution that they have no choice but to fight. That’s what makes Sidious’ plan so brilliant. He knows he just has to provide the bait and the Jedi will destroy themselves. That’s all Luke is saying in TLJ. The Jedi couldn’t see what the Republic had become and Palpatine used it to wipe them out.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

May 4th release for the show.?

Bor Mullet and Sproj like this.
  21. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    The only way to "not allow" it would have been for them to take over a long time before and therefore in essence becoming the Sith themselves.

It was only corrupted by the Sith in the first place through Sidious and those before him like Plagueis. It was pretty good for most of that thousand years prior after the Sith removed themselves from the galactic stage.

The "Luke" in TLJ is a coward, quitter and traitor so anything he says regarding the Jedi is entirely unreliable. That Luke is pathetic because he's so out of it he actually believes that the Jedi should end when the actual Luke if written properly would know that is ludicrous.

Besides that anything in the ST or anything else from Disney has no bearing on Lucas' story as his story is complete within itself.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    GunganSlayer, cwustudent and naw ibo like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    They could have sat out the war, maintained neutrality and attempted to negotiate between the two sides. They are “keepers of the peace not soldiers” after all as Mace Windu tries to explain to Palpatine. But again Palpatine knows they won’t do that because as he explains to Anakin “all those who gain power are afraid to lose it.” The Jedi Order is fighting to maintain the power and influence the Republic gives them just as much as the Republic is attempting to hold on to theirs. The Jedi Order in the PT is very much the champions of keeping the status quo.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes, but what better system were the Separatists promoting? That’s still such a vague element of the PT, IMO. Were the Separatist worlds being oppressed by the Republic? Based on the films, all I could gather was that Dooku had simply duped a bunch of systems into separating from the Republic for…reasons. Perhaps ancillary material I haven’t read goes into it more. TCW certainly doesn’t paint the Separatists as good guys.

If the status quo was a functioning Republic, were the Jedi morally wrong? Or was their sin not recognizing that they were working for a system that was being eroded by a would be dictator? Essentially not seeing that the status quo was being slowly destroyed?

I think it’s the latter. The Jedi didn’t fail because they were trying to uphold the status quo. They failed because in their service, they didn’t recognize that the status quo of the Republic (as a Democratic system) was being undermined from within. They basically were the same as the Weimar Republic politicians who failed to spot and stop what Hitler was doing before their eyes. Palpatine, in that context, represents the destruction of the Republic status quo and the creation of the Empire. And the Jedi had to die because they represented a status quo he had effectively killed.

In short, I think the opposite was the failing of the Jedi. Not being aware enough to save the democratic system (the original status quo) they were sworn to protect.

Otherwise, if the Jedi being representatives of the status quo was the problem, then all the Alliance (and later, the Resistance) is doing is “restoring the status quo” of the Republic. Surely the nature of that status quo matters a lot. A good system doesn’t need to be torn down simply because it’s the system. The status quo can be the good guys - especially when it’s threatened by people who want to establish a much worse status quo.

But again, if ancillary material shows that the Republic during the PT was already a rotten non-Republic, non-democracy before it became the Empire, that’s different. And the Jedi should have called that out or attempted to help change it.
    That’s certainly not the only way. As @Darth Chiznuk was mentioning earlier, had they been less full of themselves, they may have detected Palpatine’s presence (and the fact that he was slowly killing the Republic) earlier, and been able to alert Senators across the Republic to take investigative or legal action against Palpatine. There were democratic ways for them to stop it. When it was too late, unfortunately, they decided the only option was to off him (Windu). And I think you really can’t blame Windu at that point, because the Republic had indeed become a dictatorship already by that point.
    This is what’s not clear to me. Apart from what the Sith (Palpatine) were doing to undermine the Republic, what exactly was corrupt about it? And if it was corrupt, was it necessary for it to be destroyed (by the Separatists and Palpatine), or was there a democratic way to reform it, as Bail and Padme and Mothma were attempting? As far as I can tell, the Separatists and Palpatine were the bad guys for…wanting to destroy the Republic. And hence later, the good guys are those…who try to restore the Republic. When did this element of Star Wars change? It feels like bothsiderism/ moral equivalence entered the perception of the main conflicts in Star Wars at some point, and I don’t know if that’s due to events in the films or ancillary material.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    You’re wrong to assume that the corruption began and ended with Palpatine. The Republic was weakened long before Palpatine rose to power. The exploitation of planets like Naboo by corporations like the Trade Federation, the turning of a blind eye to slavery in the Outer Rim, even the ease with which the Senate willingly gives over power to Palpatine shows a state that is in a rapid decline. There is widespread unrest with the Republic. Yes, the Separatist leadership takes advantage of it for their own ends but it’s still there. It’s still real. Palpatine uses all of these factors to rise to power and destroy his enemies but he didn’t create them.

That’s why we now have an era literally called the High Republic. It’s the high point of prosperity throughout the galaxy followed by the steady decline that leads to the prequel era where the Republic is on its last legs.

TCF-1138 and Bor Mullet like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    OK, I see some of that in the films, but the actions taken that you mention (exploitation of Naboo by the Trade Fed, etc) were illegal by the Republic’s standards, but due to Palpatine’s influence, they were allowed to happen.

In any event, the failure of the Jedi was in not spotting that corruption and calling attention to it earlier. Now that the High Republic is canon, I see it this way. The failure of the Jedi was not active defense of the Republic, but failing to see that the Republic was being destroyed from with (and failure to prevent that). Failing to see, and then being duped into presiding over, the erosion of the status quo of a just Republic (the system that existed in the High Republic) was the great tragedy of that era.

It wasn’t right for the Republic to be destroyed simply because it had started to lose its way. It should have been reformed instead. Palpatine acted against any attempt to reform it by Padme, Bail, Mothma and others (the real good guys of the PT) and in doing so, diminished the moral standing of the Republic, helped facilitate/ manufacture the Clone War, which then made it easy for him to seize Imperial power.

Further, the awkwardness of George’s galactic political picture, IMO, is that it’s very similar to the descent into the US Civil War, and it places Palpatine in the place of…Lincoln, who took temporary emergency power to execute the war to bring the Confederate states back into the Union. And he was routinely called a dictator for it. It’s just a weird real world parallel, and I wonder why George chose a “Separatist-induced conflict,” followed by a military attempt to prevent/ reverse that separatism, as the main event in the PT.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021