main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    https://starwarssessions.co.uk/2022/01/21/exclusive-details-regarding-obi-wan-kenobi-and-andor/

The studio is “raving about Kenobi” (whereas the chatter around The Book of Boba Fett has been muted in comparison). They are going as far as to say that Obi-Wan Kenobi is “being billed as the biggest Star Wars event of the past few years and the next few years also”.

The Kenobi show “is going to shock” everyone, that “this is a very new story/world for Obi Wan” and that “people aren’t prepared for how different this show is going to be. All generations of fans will be catered for…this is truly transitional Star Wars”.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    Bor Mullet, themoth, RetropME and 3 others like this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I haven't seen a single frame of it and I already believe this show and Luke's return in The Rescue are the best moves LFL has made since the acquisition. With Rogue One being a very close 1B.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I like the part about all generations of fans will be catered to, so OT, PT, ST and Clone Wars/Rebels generations. Also thing being the big thing since TFA and will be until maybe next big trilogy.

TadoFett likes this.
  4. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    OK, so, I've been assuming that all of these series that Disney is developing aren't just standalone series, but that they all also set up pieces for some kind of Marvel-esque event where it all comes together--and I'm guessing that this future event is somehow tied to the rise of the "First Order." I've been wondering whether the Kenobi series also does that, and if so, how. The notion that "All generations of fans will be catered for" (which does indeed imply ST fans) does seem to strongly suggest that, if I'm right and there'll be some future coming-together-event, then yes, the Kenobi series will also play its part in setting things up.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think this show, Bad Batch and Andor will set up whats come into the future with First Order and cloning, they be tease whats to come with their own stories. Bad Batch, Kenobi and Andor could show use the cloning and seeds of whats to come.

Count Yubnub and TadoFett like this.
  6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Then allow me to be the first to complain.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    As long as they ambitious and the production doesn’t feel chintzy then I think I’ll be satisfied. I don’t think they could get away with taking the character in a weird direction like they did with Boba, since we’ve all got a pretty good idea of who Obi-wan is.

Mostly Handless and TadoFett like this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "You've seen Obi Wan Kenobi in his prime. You've seen Obi Wan Kenobi as a wise, older Jedi Master. This Spring Disney+ invites you to see Obi Wan Kenobi as you've never seen him before in the stunning 8 episode saga of Obi Wan Kenobi struggling to regain any sense of himself after suffering amnesia".

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think they should reset all legacy characters by throwing them into sarlaccs, and use that to justify inconsistencies across trilogies.

So, Obi-Wan falls into the sarlacc, and therefore forgets about these two droids that were constantly following him around for years

TadoFett and Glitterstimm like this.
  10. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    “Who are you?”

- Obi-wan’s classic greeting to friend and stranger

TadoFett and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    As long as people understand that Obi-Wan is NOT smart and never was. So when people start advising him that there are alternatives to fighting and that lightsabers can be effective at severing limbs, his surprise will be logical.

12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

RetropME and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Obi-Wan: That boy is our last hope.
    Yoda: No, there is another.
    Obi-Wan: Huh? Refresh my memory. Remember that I fell into a sarlacc pit.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The ingredients for an epic event are there. If done right this should be even bigger than The Mandalorian ever was.

15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Obi-Wan connects Anakin to Luke, he's a surrogate brother to the former and a surrogate father and father figure to the latter, he's the static entity that events revolve around and makes the whole story work... how can they mess it up when they've got EM and HC?.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    wobbits and elliot.saunders like this.
  16. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    They should read these fora for the likley-ness of that happening.

17. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Especially when it’s revealed Obi Wan is keeping an eye on both Luke and ……. Grogu. :D

18. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    REMINDER: Joel Edgerton

Count Yubnub likes this.
  19. Wu Wei Jedi

Wu Wei Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 8, 2021
    This show needs sandworms.

20. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I don't necessarily like this idea as the first flashback when there are things that happened between Anakin and Obi Wan that could have been used to set the tone surrounding Obi Wan's feelings/memories of Anakin. They could have used a flashback from the duel since that was the most recent event between the two. Obi Wan could still be struggling with that. Then we see him then a few scenes later remembering the two of them fighting in the war together sort of trying to reconcile.

It's not a deal breaker for me as this is still the series I'm anxiously awaiting more than any other.

21. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Apart from the Acolyte those three shows are further in the past than The Mandalorian, TBOBF and 'Rangers', all of which were said to lead to some story event finale (probably in 'Rangers'). Any possible forays into the birth of the First Order would be in those or future productions not ones set during the Age of the Empire.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Sorry, wob. I was kidding. There’s no such flashback.

wobbits likes this.
  23. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    I wouldn't put any stock in internal studio chatter. Just using recent franchise movies as an example, Batman v. Superman supposedly got a "standing ovation" from studio execs and the first Wonder Woman was supposed to be a disaster. On the MCU side, Eternals was supposed to be a Best Picture contender.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  24. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    Didn't literally all of th execs balk at BvS immediately? It's been a while so fuzzy on that, but pretty sure that's when the gears started turning on doing what they had to to 'save' Justice League, which obviously didn't work out so well anyway.

But regardless, pretty sure Lucasfilm/Disney have already established the prerequesite confidence in Chow, she's proven herself already. The writers, who knows.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I have full faith in Chow.