main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    If the trailer has Vader in it, Superbowl is definitely the way to go. Hype!!!!!

2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I think many people expect way too much from this show.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    We been spoiled by the Mandalorian it's fans service, and the people behind Kenobi are hyping it up too. This will tell a great story about the relatioships between Obi Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker and how their choices affected each other and the galaxy. But also there'll be tons of fan service from PT, Clone Wars, Rebels, OT and ST. I wound't be surprised if Kenobi gets a vision of Rey Skywalker as way to tie in with him reaching out to her 35 years after his death.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  4. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    I rather expect they come up with Obi having an affair and a child. Or at least a sibling of him showing up with a baby Kenobi

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    No i don't see either options with Satine being his only love, and don't see any reletive looking for Kenobi.

6. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    I hope they make an explanation why Obi Alzheimer did not remember C3PO and R2D2 in ANH

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    To Obi Wan they are just droids.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    And he never did own them. He was just friends with them. Like he referred to Artoo when he told him to come to him.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    In Clone wars it seems Obi Wan dosent really care for R2, when Anakin loses him. I think its same issue with Owen not reconising 3CPO.

10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Who says he doesn't remember them?

Riv_Shiel, cwustudent and TCF-1138 like this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "Come here my little friend" is not how someone talks to a random droid they are cold toward.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe not random but dosent seem like he remember him to be R2 as there are many of same droid.

13. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Obi-Wan is generally a friendly sort of person. He will treat machines with kindness even if he considers them "just" machines.
    That said, seeing Artoo and Threepio again is likely a bit emotional for him as it should remind him of Anakin, Padmé and the old days.
    He doesn't say anything about it, though, because it's not something Luke needs to know - and he doesn't want him asking too many questions about the past at that point.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    With the Satine Kryze indirectly being mentioned i wonder if Kenobi flashbacks could have some Satine and Kenobi momments either in clone wars or before. Or will he just mention her as his one love.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Also, it absolutely would trigger a sense of, "So, it is finally time..."

When Artoo and Threepio show up with the son of Anakin, everything must finally be starting to happen.

16. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Indeed. And the message from the daughter of Padmé seals the deal.

cwustudent and B3 like this.
  17. Tom Skywalker

Tom Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2020
    Lmao Hayden really starts looking like Sebastian Shaw (ROTJ Anakin) now that he's older...

Count Yubnub and Lulu Mars like this.
  18. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    It's the hair!

Tom Skywalker likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    It was destiny!

Tom Skywalker likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Somehow, Ponda Baba returned.

21. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    He does. "Can't seem to remember ever owning a droid" Of course, his next line was; "Can't seem to remember where I parked my car", so...

22. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Where I come from, "ever owning a" does not mean the same thing as "that".

Riv_Shiel and cwustudent like this.
  23. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Yeah no, he doesn't. This is "Luke, I'm your father" all over again.

Luke tells him that R2 claims he belongs to Obi-Wan Kenobi. Obi-Wan answers by saying that he doesn't seem to remember ever owning a droid, which is in fact completely true. He never owned a droid. Not once did he say that he doesn't remember R2 or 3PO.

This line, in combination with there being countless droids of the two types, and Alec Guinness pausing as if to make his character think how to word things before answering, make the whole thing a complete non-issue. There is no part in which Obi-Wan is forgetting something he should be remembering.

The whole movie is full of stuff which Obi-Wan tells "from a certain point of view". He is never telling Luke the whole thing, only ever what he needs to know at that point.

24. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    Well, you see then the joke doesn't work.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I don't remember ever reading a joke before...

Riv_Shiel, Sproj and Lulu Mars like this.