main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, probably shouldn't be too many Jedi running around however long this is after RotS (it's not that far before Solo in the timeline, right?). You'd figure Vader & Friends would have wasted the lion's share of the stragglers over the first few years, plus it sort of cheapens the whole Obi/Yoda/Luke stuff when there are that many more than make it to the OT. Ezra & Ahsoka are cool, but they're pushing it.

If it's like 8-10 years after RotS, I'd be on the "if we see another Jedi they should probably bite the dust here" train.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Demon4x4

Demon4x4 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2019
    Maybe they can kill off Cal Kestis in live action.

3. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    So, crew sent home, new writers, only 2/6 scripts written, perhaps a reduction from 6 to 4 episodes. I’ve got bad feeling about this. But really, only the Trank Boba Fett is a story with a bad ending. Solo may have failed at the box office, but I don’t consider the movie a failure. I’ll probably watch it a third time. Despite all the problems with Disney SW, there usually is a happy ending.

choccy and RetropME like this.
  4. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    No? It's a pretty dull affair. I doubt we'll see Alden as Han again. I agree with this one critic who said the rest of the cast was much more entertaining than him. That's not what LFL wanted from a character like Han Solo. His performance was passable, but nothing to remember.

I expect Kenobi and even Cassian (another boring performance) to be better.

Theo333 and Darth Nobunaga like this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Way off topic by this point by I thought Alden had some very on-point Han line deliveries. "That's a lot of directions, but we're on it!"

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  6. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, Alden was exactly what it needed to be. Han, but not a cheap Harrison impression.

He's easily as close to it as Ewan is to Alec. Both bring their own flavor to it, make the role their own, without just trying to straight-up inferiorly ape the original guy to a tee.

7. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    A bit off-topic, but I consider SOLO to be the best of Disney's Star Wars movies so far. Took me a second viewing to come to that conclusion, though.

Wait, when and where did Josh Trank go into details on his cancelled Boba Fett project? Would love to know how far along that got.

8. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, we don't know **** about Trank's Boba movie. Just that they canned him after his inept-social-skills-and-property-damage meltdown on Fantastic Four. Pretty sure nothing ever actually came out about his movie other than the words "Boba Fett".

9. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    I have to agree Solo is easily the second best Star Wars Movie of the Disney Era.
    An overall fun and well made adventure film.

10. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Solo kept tripping over itself every time it tried to be a Star Wars film, which was just as weird as it sounds, and kinda cemented the idea that if you want to do an anthology movie, you'd probably be better off making it into a series, like The Mandalorian and hopefully Kenobi.

It takes more than two hours to create a character, and shoving all of Han's memorable feats into one movie was a mistake; if they'd made it into a series where every episode he did one of his claims to fame, Alden would probably be more well-liked by the community

11. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    At first I was upset there wouldn't be a sequel to SOLO, but yeah, a Crimson Dawn series would a good, if not better trade-off. I do wonder if that syndicate will play into the Obi Wan series as well.

12. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    All of them? Apart from the Kessel Run and rescuing Chewie what else is there? Solo had a nice flow to it and was well paced, didn't feel rushed at all.

13. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    He meets Chewie, Lando, acquires the Millenium Falcon, his gun, becomes a smuggler, does the Kessel run and goes off to work for Jabba the Hutt all within days of each other, hours really. That's every notable aspect of his life that has an impact on who he was in the OG movies shoved into one sequence, it's not really how an persons life works.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    ami-padme likes this.
  14. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I do not think lucasfilm and disney are judging things like that. To say they will not use alden again because be wasn't hugely raved about means nothing. He is young Han Solo now. If they have a reason to use Han pre-episode 4 then it will be him they get.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The only thing that did feel slightly rushed (at least to me) was winning the Falcon. Such a big event in Han and Lando's relationship, and it was basically relegated to a weird sort of epilogue. The scene, itself, felt rushed. Its almost like they watched the final cut without it and thought in a panic "Crap, we forgot to film it", and then hurriedly put it together and slapped it on the end of the film. My main gripe with Solo.

16. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Hopefully we will get a han solo tv series, Lando one or even a crimson dawn one.

Would anybody be down for a trade federation tv show, I would?

I think if the high republic continuity rumors are true, that would be a perfect place to start the birth of the organization since rumor has it takes place 400 years before the phantom menace.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
  18. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    Don't know if already mentioned, but Ewan had said that they put the project back slightly, as they realised a lot of the scripts were very similar to Mandalorian.

19. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    And on a different note, Best was never replaced as Jar Jar, nor was that character killed off in the movies and tv shows. Is it true that he’s in Kenobi ?

20. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Jar Jar was played by someone else in S1 of TCW during the Blue Shadow Virus episodes (wasn’t as good as Best). Anyway, nothing’s been confirmed. Personally I don’t think anyone but Best should play that character.

21. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Except me.

And Morgan Freeman.

22. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Well yeah, that goes without saying.

23. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Thank you for the correction. Best is the best.

Count Yubnub and cwustudent like this.
  24. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Gotta love that Disney/LFL planning. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. What a shock.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't see a quote from Ewan saying it was similar to Mandalorian, just when I google Ewan McGregor and Mandalorian it's just the tonight show clip. Not that I don't believe it could be possible just be nice to see the quote from the Master himself.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020