main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    LETS GO! Seeing Ewan reprise the role as Obi-Wan is going to be AWESOME!

Jedi of Baker Street likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Jordan Maison (the writer of the article that's "confirming" Ewan being casted) is almost always either wrong or making stuff up regarding Star Wars rumors. I don't believe this at all

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    he's mostly right.

Bor Mullet and DarthRosie like this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey, say enough wishful things and something's bound to be right. Might be that, or he might really have an uncle that works for LucasFilm dishing out confidential scoop.

6. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    If Kenobi is happening, I'd love for Obi-Wan to make a visit to Alderaan at some point to check in on the Organas. Young Leia only knows him as "Uncle Ben," a good family friend, and only later discovers that Obi-Wan Kenobi and Ben are one and the same.

It always felt weird that she'd name her kid after Ben if she never really knew him. so it'd be cool if they added a little more weight to that reasoning.

7. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Him signing on would be a good start.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Him and Bail were buddies, so why not. tough he has to disguise himself.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  9. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    If True. Who could that be?

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I would think he's bound to reappear at some point since he dubbed over James Arnold Taylor in TFA during the Rey Force vision . I think they spliced in Alec Guinness's voice too. I don't really see them using a CGI Obi Wan Kenobi like they did Tarkin in RO, hope not anyway,lol.

Kenobi and Maul should share the big screen together again, the Twin Suns of the PT.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Kenobi an Maul hasen't seen each other for a long time, unless they appear in different scenes and never see each other, that could work.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So the mechanical co-star: Maul or Darth Vader?

Kole likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    most likley Maul, Vader might appear in a cameo.

14. Joystick Chevron

Joystick Chevron Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2017
    The mechanical costar makes me wonder if they might re-contextualize Maul's excitement finding out Obi-Wan was alive in Rebels. It's not necessarily required that they never met in between, but that the circumstances he last saw Obi-Wan led him to believe he died. Could even have something to do with how he wound up on Malachor. At least I don't think I recall anything contradicting that possibility.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it's also likely Maul. A gang war on Tatooine between Crimson Dawn and the Hutt cartels that causes Obi-Wan to intervene.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  16. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Would there be a way to get around the idea of Maul meeting Obi Wan again but still linking up with Rebels? best way would be to get Obi Wan off Tatooine i guess. and then you could have them meet without Maul knowing where Obi Wan was staying. also would mean ending the show in a way that would link up with Rebels and Mauls fury to find him and not knowing if he lived.

As really when you look at Mauls current situation in Solo. its far different to the Maul in Rebels where he doesn't have Crimson Dawn and basically now just wants revenge.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    They could meet on Malachor. Kenobi defeats him and leaves him stranded there.

KyleKartan, DarthRosie and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    nah i like it better if his hatred and revenge for both Kenobi and Palpatine drove the empire to drve torwards Malachor.

19. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    A Vader cameo has already proven very beneficial to a SW film...why not do it again? :vader:

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    10 millions views easy. Vader killing sand people.

21. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    So which is it? This can hardly be a purely subjective thing either he's more right than wrong or wrong than right which also depends on the strength of what his conviction is.

Here he says:

Today’s report won’t likely come as a surprise to many people, but it is nice to hear. Rumors of an Obi-Wan Kenobi related project have been circulating since Disney bought Lucasfilm back in 2013. While it seemed to have started life as a standalone film, recent reports are that we’ll see Obi-Wan come back as a Disney+ series…Which is what I’ve heard as well.

So what’s new? According to two separate sources, I’ve heard that Ewan McGregor has actually put pen to paper and inked a contract to return as the iconic Jedi Master. I heard word of this recently, but I was sitting on it until, out of the blue, a second source reached out to me (I hadn’t gone digging on this one) saying the exact same thing.

As reports go it's all reasonable sounding. Might be complete rubbish of course but there is not much question that various movie projects were being tossed around. It's also entirely reasonable that if Solo had not pulled the old el floppo that a Obi-Wan movie could very well have been in the 2020 or 2021 position. Instead projects were cancelled (Boba Fett) or shelved to be rethought into Disney+ series.

An Obi-Wan series with EM as an idea is an all-round winner. I think it'd have done very well as a movie but the original spin-offs were concentrated on Solo, Fett and Death Star plans. Two of which got made, one of which never really made much sense to make.

If they had done Obi-Wan over Solo then I think things are very different right now. I'd say it'd easily be 700 million plus worldwide. That alone put's it hundreds of millions ahead of Solo.

Well that is a whole other subject. Why not do a entire Vader movie? Of course if the planned Obi-Wan movie had Vader in it like Rogue One with 2 or more scenes or even some parallel story track then not doing it as a movie becomes stranger. A Force-less one save a surprise Maul cameo was always a perplexing choice.

22. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    I think D23 will let us know for sure if this is just a rumor...unless they plan to hold onto the news until the next SW Celebration.

23. Troy_Viszla

Troy_Viszla Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2018
    My money is on the Jabba mechanical Puppet.

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    More of my beloved Obi-Wan? Played (and directed?) by the wonderful Ewan McGregor?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good, God, let this be true. Ever since the sale of Lucasfilm, there hasn't been a SW project I've hoped for more than this.

So much potential there. :obiwan::bluesaber:

25. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Fanthatracks mentions a certain ''mechanical co-star''... Maul? [face_thinking] Ray Park has hinted at more Maul stuff but it was unknown if he was referring to TCW S7 or something else.