main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    My god they look horrible.[face_pig]

2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    GFFA Bebop & Rocksteady? :p

Bor Mullet likes this.
  3. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    "Legends" canon had the novel "Kenobi," about Obi-Wan living the hermit life. It was mostly a Western, along with the occasional mediation, conversing with Qui-Gon, and sparse use of laser sword in dealing with the locals. If they did something similar I'd be a content, happy camper. Maybe with a visit or holomessage from Jimmy Smits.

And yes please to Joel Edgerton and Bonnie Pliesse.

MrDarth0 and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  4. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    ^ This guy gets it. ^:)^

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Count Yubnub likes this.
  5. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    That was fine for animation but isn't true to Star Wars live-action. It worked as an animation tribute to those influences like Inagaki:

Of course they don't have the Force and can't see things before they happen. If they could then it might take a minute or more in a setting like the above or as seen in Rebels.

They met a number of times already between TPM and Rebels so another one isn't going to take away from that. I wish they'd saved a final meeting for live-action but since they didn't I think the chances are lowered.

Having another Maul meeting really isn't that massive a deal and could easily be fit in with the support character that Maul is. The most enticing encounter is of course with Vader but movie-wise that really shouldn't happen but obviously if they want to they could do it once.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  6. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Alec-Obi dueled the way Rebels-Alec-Obi does. Where's the inconsistency?

He's an older, slower guy with a hundred times more skill/wisdom/pre-emptive ability, and Maul's an old guy still trying to fight like a young hyper-p*ssed-off blunt-force instrument. He hasn't learned the wisdom Obi-Wan has, hence he's wrecked in a couple of seconds.

And yes, they met between TPM and Rebels. But not the latter-day Clone Wars & Rebels. Obi-Wan & Maul meeting post-EpIII ruins the Rebels confrontation. It's a ghost from a long-gone era showing up to settle a score. We know Maul was trapped on that other planet for a while. This show's probably earlier in the timeline than Solo given it's Ewan playing him (unless they're ageing him up), just keep it at that. This Obi-Wan hasn't seen Maul since the Clone Wars. And won't until Rebels. That seems to be the intention from the other material.

Bor Mullet and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Not true to Star Wars live action? In what sense? In any case. I thought you were a proponent of Star Wars trying new things.

The Obi-wan/ Maul duel in Rebels is IMO, one of the best in Star Wars. And it’s certainly better than the ones that way overstay their welcome, like that lava-hopping video game in ROTS. ;)

8. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The only way Maul should be in it is if they were to show a live action version of Maul's final scene, literally shot for shot.

Obi-Wan couldn't do something like defeating Crimson Dawn, that would've brought far too much attention to this Jedi Knight hiding out in the Outer Rim. Imagine the report that shows up on Palps desk..."a man whose appearance matches that of the outlaw Jedi Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi and going by the name Ben Kenobi has defeated the Crimson Dawn criminal empire."???

His whole purpose on Tatooine is to protect infant Luke, that means remaining under the radar as much as possible...however on Tatooine trouble is never far away.

"Tatooine is controlled by the Hutts"

9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Just imagine it, a Obi-Wan show that focuses on his life post ROTS and his dynamic with Maul. Flashbacks throughout from various TCW episodes done in Live action. Culminating in a live action version of their fight in Twin Suns.

Then we could see how Crimson Dawn fell without involving Obi-Wan, have Maul remember it and flashabck to it during his long track in the desert (It was implied in Rebels S3 that he did search for Obi-Wan for some time on Tatooine)

10. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    In the sense of what Lucas does.

They've shown they can't do that so best to do proven things.

Well all those practical effects and months of actor training certainly isn't the way to do things now.

Too much trouble to go to it seem!

;)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd rather not see just a live action remake of Rebels. Thanks.

sizziano, TCF-1138 and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Forget about Maul vs Kenobi, it has been finished. Cad Bane vs Kenobi on the other hand, that still needs a conclusion. Cad Bane would look awesome in live action and could be given a proper introduction to viewers new to the character. Maybe the Fett vs Bane cancelled clone wars episode on Tatooine could be adapted?

13. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    Ewan McGregor returning and getting his own series in itself is enough to have me pumped, so I'll probably be happy with how it turns out regardless.

That said, upon reading some of the other posts here, I'm starting to agree that it probably shouldn't involve Maul and the Crimson Dawn, simply because Maul & Obi-Wan's story was already wrapped up in Rebels. I still want some sort of follow-up to the Crimson Dawn thing, but for the Obi-Wan series, having a different antagonist and/or a more subdued and character-driven piece would be nice.

I'm still hoping they'll do a Clone Wars season 8 where they adapt that arc, or else maybe a Clone Wars Legacy novelization. But if that doesn't happen, then I would totally love to see that here instead. And you raise a good point that it would be pretty awesome to see Cad Bane in live-action...

14. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Well, yay. This is my bucket list SW project, at least until they open up new eras and we see how that goes. I'm excited for The Mandalorian and Cassian shows but more in a "oh hey, that's cool" way than this, which I thought was essential as soon as any non-Saga live action projects were on the table, more than R1 or certainly Solo. And now that it's happening I can relax about the future films, because I've got my main live action jam assured. (The films worry me because I do not like GOT at all, and although I love TLJ I get edgy even imagining the fanbase reactions to anything related to Rian... I've had enough of that for eternity).

15. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I hope his first words in the series are:
    [​IMG]

Demon4x4 likes this.
  16. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Nah. He should be doing his pose from III, standing in the doorway of his hut. Getting ready to slice & dice some womprat.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If it starts during the Clone Wars the title should be:
    Game of Clones

18. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Have it set during the clone wars with a small scale mission with Cate Blanchett as Satine and I’ll be sold.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I love for a proluge of him and Anakin as brothers, fighting batallion of droids together with the clones.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It'd be pretty cool to see Captain Rex in live action in a flashback.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I mean he looks like everyone else the only difference is he's paint in blue and two blasters.

22. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    Should those words be the very last of the last season?

While that was the final encounter I wouldn't say it wrapped it up. It was more the bow on the wrapping that we didn't get to see all of.

23. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    How about an opening crawl for each episode that starts with "Hello there"? ;)

24. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Call me obsessed but I really need a conclusion to the Crimson Dawn story and I'm very cynical, if it's not in this show I have little hope of seeing a conclusion in the next few years. Besides Ray Park has hinted at doing more Maul stuff and Fanthatracks mentioned a ''mechanical costar''

Besides it's good business and very marketable

25. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    ^Hmm, that is a good point. I didn't think of that before, but having a conclusion sooner rather than later would be appreciated. On one hand, I agree with what Aximili86 said above in that the Rebels confrontation feels like the ghost from a long time ago coming back. But on the other hand, Maul is a great villain regardless, so they can't really go wrong by featuring him again.