main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "Obi-Wan Kenobi" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darkslayer, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The thing about Rebels is that it also establishes that Obi Wan is very much aware of Maul's survival. I don't think it has to do with Maul arriving on Tatooine, I think he was acknowledging that he knew Maul has been a phantom menace during his exile and what is unsaid is that Obi Wan knew Maul was the leader of Crimson Dawn, who would likely be among the scum and villainy in Mos Eisley. To that end, Obi Wan has been ready for the moment that Maul discovered his presence on Tatooine.

"One doesn't survive as long as I have by being foolish, or unprepared"

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  2. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Obi-Wan can find out that Maul's the head of Crimson Dawn through nothing more complicated than hearing the rumor/scuttlebutt from some random Tatooine scumbag though. If Crimson Dawn's a big deal, it's probably not some huge secret who they answer to, low-level gangster types on a world Jabba controls are probably going to know the basics.

Doesn't mean they've met face-to-face.

3. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    Regarding whether or not Maul/Crimson Dawn should appear, I'm starting to feel torn in both directions. I can see potential pros and cons for both.

4. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I'd prefer Maul be left out and agree with the general comments that the intent of Rebels is clearly that they haven't met since Kenobi's exile, and I think it's best to honor that.

Maul and Crimson Dawn might have a place in the Cassian series or something not yet announced. I do want a wrapup to that arc (or, I guess, the middle of that arc).

Blackhole E Snoke and cwustudent like this.
  5. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yeah, all for exploring Maul in a major way going forward. Just not here, and not relating in any way to Obi-Wan - he's still clearly going to hold the grudge toward Obi, but that should be a slow-build thing that he only gets a chance to pursue by the time Rebels rolls around, holds so much more weight.

6. Darth Saddius

Darth Saddius Jedi Knight

Dec 24, 2015
    I quite fancy the idea of Obi-Wan having kept General Grievous'ess er Grievouss''ss es er General er....of Obi-Wan keeping the nifty black starfighter that was previously owned by General Grievous. He could then nip offworld from Tatooine every now and then for all manner of harem scarem japes and antics.

7. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Well, I guess now we know why the TCW episode was call "Lair of Grievous" instead of "Grievoussses'sses Lair".

8. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I think Ben keeping Grievous' ship would be a huge risk that he just wouldn't take. I like how he sells it on Nar Shaddaa in Legends' Lone Wolf.

9. Darth Saddius

Darth Saddius Jedi Knight

Dec 24, 2015
    Mmmmm. Too hot? OK chaps and chapettes recommend an anonymous Starship for the Jedi exile who hates flying.

10. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    The first episode will open with Obi-Wan managing a Cinnabon at Mos Eisley. :obiwan:

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I could see it happening. But this is not reliable source. I love for Maul and Qira's arc to continnue and finnish. Also where's the darth Bane series they promised as along with Knights of ren. I hope Iger gives hints of other tv series in the works.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    StardustSoldier likes this.
  14. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    The same was said about Cinelinx and on follow-up that seemed to work out. I doubt that there will be the same for this because this isn't about Ray Park imminently signing with Disney because for all we know and is most likely they already have options on his services for movies and TV.

It's still not the same of course as he really just does small parts here and there. I expect that he will be Maul for a time yet if required for live-action appearances.

15. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
  16. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I wasn’t overly convinced we would get a Kenobi announcement, but they’ve just announced three new Marvel shows, so it’s looking good.....

17. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    blah

18. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    IT'S HAPPWNING OH MY GOOOOOD

THESE CHEEKY BUGGERS WHEEL EWAN OUT AT THE END ALL COY

19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  20. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Okay, it’s announced. We got that out of the way.

Bor Mullet and StardustSoldier like this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Kenobiiii

Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    When it comes down to it though. Maul wasn't sitting around planning his revenge for 20 years. he was a mob boss for a certain amount of years and then somehow must have lost it and gone abit crazy for revenge on Kenobi... how did that go from one phase to the other? i think there is a way to do it. it would have to be within at least 10 years of ROTS though.

23. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  25. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Need more details!

Apparently all the scripts are written...can we get some info on who wrote them? And who's showrunning and directing?

Either way, I'm so excited this project is happening AS A SERIES. A 2-hour movie wasn't enough for me -- this should be about character more than plot.

Count Yubnub and StardustSoldier like this.