main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    I'm not quite sure what I think of that idea. If Luke is the father, then he probably never knew he had a daughter (Rey). How else can her presence on that desert planet be explained? Because if Luke were aware of her existence, I would (hopefully) think he, who never knew his own parents, would not leave her all alone out there, waiting. (And Leia and Han certainly didn't know her.)
    For Luke's sake, I keep thinking that I don't want him to be her father. :) Think of all the anguish she might throw at him. ;)

2. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    Yes, indeed. If he wanted to protect her, as a father, he'd better to take her with him on the island rather than leave her alone.
    So, after said that, what do we hope? We hope she's a Kenobi. ;P
    (Anyway, even if we'll discover she's not a Kenobi, but a girl who's not linked to Skywalkers in any way, there could be a possibility of Reylo and I absolutely DON'T like that ship :c)

3. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
  4. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I would like that to be true.....

5. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Celidore likes this.
  6. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    I like Obi-Wan Kenobi.

7. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
  8. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    So Disney refuses him as Doctor Strange because of a Kenobi movie? I hope so! :D

I wanted to read the article, but it doesn't load. What was the argument?

9. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999

I think there is official artwork with JF's face as young Obi-Wan, I mean you know the early designs which were being done before the part was cast yet.

ETA Oops thing I was wrong, it actually seems to have had his brother's face. LOL
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/8/84/Obi-Wan_Kenobi_Episode_1_Concept_Art.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/2d/5f/9a/2d5f9a868c5748a1044f4a87a6a03ab3.jpg

Nanuk likes this.
  10. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    The article said that Joseph Fiennes was very close to playing Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Wow, thank you so much for these pics. I think it would have worked just fine with Ralph's face. :) I'm so glad they changed the design of young OWK's outfit, though. He looks more like a knight than a Padawan there.

-----

Yesterday I saw the play "William Shakespeare's Star Wars" - absolutely fantastic! ^:)^ Star Wars IV in iambic pentameter. Gorgeous! =D= Leia was played by a man, and Luke by a woman, and they did marvelous things with cardboard. Too funny!

naw ibo likes this.
  11. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    Nanuk Thanks. After you told me that, I searched the news and I've read it.
    I've read that child was George Lucas' daughter, even if I found an other article which said it's unknown who was the child. So I didn't understand if that child was really George Lucas' daughter. Is that confirmed?
    Anyway, whoever this child was, I find a little bit funny Fiennes was not engaged anymore because of a child's impression. And who knows why she found him strange right after she met him...(maybe she met McGregor before and she already thought he was ok as Obi-Wan? We don't know.) But a thing is sure: Joseph Fiennes will remember all his life that child who didn't allow him to be Obi-Wan XD (And anyway I don't blame her: I couldn't imagine Fiennes as Obi-Wan)

naw ibo those first Obi-Wan concept arts are so weird (especially the haircut)! It's a good thing Obi's look was changed then (and Ewan was chosen, of course! ;D)

12. Celidore

May 2, 2015
    Nanuk likes this.
  13. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    That last one is truly precious! LOL

Celidore likes this.
  14. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    So...you guys heard about the all-but-official talk of a Kenobi movie?

Gkilkenny likes this.
  15. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Yes! Heard it...but there's been so many false alarms it's hard to get excited anymore. I thought for sure the last they-are-for-sure-going-to-announce-it-at-celebration rumors were true and they weren't. In any case, it's a ways off still... The years of drawn out hype and letdown is starting to wear me down! And I feel bad for Ewan.

I was thinking about you the other day, Val, I'm really glad to see you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gkilkenny likes this.
  16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Aw, shucks...thanks. I spend most of my time in New Films or the politics thread lately - or re-reading/reading Kenobi stories over in ff.net.

serendipityaey likes this.
  17. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Hi, Valairy!!! Don't hang around here much anymore either. Came in because I read about the talks with Disney on the Stand alone movie...hope it's true and that Ewan is Obi-Wan again.

Son in college, and getting ready to perform in a minor roll this fall in a professional production of King Lear, directed by a two time Emmy award winner. This will be his first professional role, unpaid, because he is a student. (the professionals got the major rolls of course, minor rolls being filled by students, but my son is really excited about it. Can't wait to see it. So you see, Ewan has sort of taken second place for favorite actor these days to someone a little closer to me...my son...:)

Gkilkenny and serendipityaey like this.
  18. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Hi Serendipityaey...been awhile. Did you have a good season at the park this year?

serendipityaey likes this.
  19. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Maybe this thread will get more active in a year or two...? Maybe. <wishes>

20. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Yes!! It's been very busy! And the eclipse coming in Monday...it's going to be a crazy weekend! :eek: Glad to hear about your son too. And so happy to see both you and Val <3 I'm never on the boards anymore...but always still reading and re-reading and writing Obi and following Ewan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
  22. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    It's a thing! It's actually officially a thing! Whoo! Party! =D=[face_dancing][face_party]

23. Nanuk

Nanuk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    We'll better wait until Ewan's name shows up in the IMDB actors' list for that film. LOL

Does anyone know what he's up to these days? He looks awfully thin in the Scottish pic and he's not wearing his wedding ring. Should we worry?

24. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Dec 21, 2016
    I don't know about "worry", but compassion is the way of the Jedi, so some friendly concern for him as a human being is definitely in order.

25. Thane kyrell

Thane kyrell Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2016
    Hello fellow Kenobi fans

Ananta Chetan likes this.