main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Obi-Wan TV show happened, Ewan McGregor returned

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jeff_Ferguson, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    That would be weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Forget Snoke, where are the Unkar = Rotta theories?

3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Has anything else been said about this?

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Herman J. Ruffles of Moose Leg, Minnesota has been heard to say, "This should be pretty good; I liked that Ewan McGregor in the prequels."

Landb and Hamburger_Time like this.
  5. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014
    Speaking of Ewan McGregor and Minnesota, I now require this movie to cast him not only as Obi-Wan, but as Obi-Wan's deadbeat younger brother.

CooperTFN likes this.
  6. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Here's what I think: retcon Rebels and make this film an adaptation of Old Wounds.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That will happen when Disney says they want Maul on the big screen.

And Filoni says no wait I did that in Rebels.

And Kennedy pushes the button and he falls down the rancor pit with Lord, Miller, and Trevorrow.

8. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I think they'll try their hardest to work around Rebels. It makes money and they wouldn't want angry kids. As for the "lesser" content, I wouldn't be surprised if they retconned it. I doubt they're constraining themselves. Some random comic issue won't stop them from making a major story choice.

9. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Rebels might make them money. But a movie makes them MONEY.

TheRedBlade, SilentGuy66 and spicer like this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anyway, no need for Maul or even Obi-Wan to leave Tatooine, I could totally go for a Logan or The Searchers or True Grit, just have Old Obi-Wan battling scavengers and Jabba goons and Sand people just causing a big old ruckus and he's the guy with the lightsaber who can hold them back.

Now, if Rey turns out to be Obi-Wan's granddaughter, A) I lose a lot of money B) that suddenly gives the movie a romantic hook to it.

11. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I don't think their is either a Boba Fett movie or Obi-Wan movie. Solo gave them too much of a headache as did the re-shootings of Rogue One. I think they are going to make Solo, finish the sequel trilogy and then focus on Rian Johnson's trilogy and the live-action TV series and then go from their.

13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Old Man Kenobi, I think they'd have to cgi and heavily make-up Ewan. Rebels used Alec's likeness while Marvel more used TCW/PT style Ewan's version. So am guessing a Clone War era film or a film like the Indiana Jones series with an older Kenobi telling the story and a younger Kenobi version or like Bilbo Baggins with The Hobbit . Being that Filoni already remade the short story of "Old Wounds" it does not seem likely that Maul will feature cept perhaps in a flashback or the story takes place during different eras of his life.

14. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Christ, that article said January 2019. How the hell did I miss that?

Also, Ewan hasn't actually heard anything or talked to anyone (see attached video). Soooo I guess we can just let this simmer for about half a year, and then we can pick up the convo again once Solo bombs and we all want to speculate like mad on the future of the anthology films. Cheers everyone.

15. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Has the Obi-Wan film actually been confirmed yet? I caught up with a friend who works at Pinewood on the weekend and he mentioned that he was going to be working on it, but seemed non-plussed when I said that I didn't think it was actually publicly confirmed.

And yes, I know how fake having a mate at LFL sounds.

Daneira, Ulicus , Darkslayer and 3 others like this.
  16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Nothing has been officially confirmed by Disney/Lucasfilm concerning this or any other spin-off yet.

17. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I'd honestly love this SO much. It doesn't have to replace the Rebels story. It can be something akin to The Last of the Jedi series by Jude Watson, taking place incredibly early in Obi-Wan's exile, where he left Tatooine occasionally to do missions.

kalzeth likes this.
  18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_laugh]

19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    It's okay my uncle works for Nintendo and no-one ever believes me, either.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    He didn't have the, er, traditional "implant" fitted? [face_devil]

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    One of my mom's co-workers had a son who was hired as an IT guy for the PT (must have been ROTS) at Skywalker Ranch. He was fired his first day after taking a wrong turn in a hallway coming back from the restroom.

fett 4 likes this.
  22. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    I wanna post before this potentially gets moved but....an obiwan movie without Ewan...is not an obiwan movie.

Now get Clint Eastwood to direct it.
    And I'm there

23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    If ever an EU book could make a great movie it would be the Kenobi book.
    Certainly I’d be prepared to go see this that I’m not for Solo (I hate that name) or Return of the JJ

24. Jester J Binks

Jester J Binks Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2016
    I definitely like the fake trailer with emphasis that OB1's greatest challenge post-RotS is to not act like a Jedi. It could be very interesting to take a God-Jesus dynamic where QGJ is the voice of "God" to OB1's tortured Jesus.

Perhaps a scene where QGJ apologizes for putting the burden of training Anakin before OB1 was ready.

Because it isn't bound by Saga film rules, it can have flashbacks and the "present" doesn't have to be a couple of days in a row.

Probably the best thing OB1 has going for it is I don't see it having to waste a lot of time with pointless "where did OB1 get his ......" moments.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    lmfao yeah it is very implausible, but I can provide evidence that my friend indeed is at Pinewood to a mod if that will help.