main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Obi Wan never saw footage of Anakin/Vader killing younglings

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by JABS, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JABS

JABS Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2005
    Hello,

I noticed the other day that when Obi Wan goes to Padmé's apartment, he tells her that he saw a security holocron of Anakin killing younglings, but if you remember correctly, Obi Wan only saw footage of Anakin fighting Cin Drallig and bowing to the Emperor, and then said that he couldn't watch any more, so is this a mistake or did Obi Wan watch the footage off screen? I think it was a mistake.

2. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Whie and Bene were with Cin Drallig, when Vader attacked. Both are Padawans and almost considered Younglings. However, Obi-wan was still in shock from before and thus jumbled his thoughts together.

3. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    I think Obi-wan saw it when he was fast forwarding it, "The younglings were killed by a lightsaber" Anakin was the only jedi killing other jedi's with a lightsaber.:)

4. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    My brother thought that Bene and the other padawan were part of the group of younglings that were in the Council Chamber when he first saw the film but I agree that any young non-adult Jedi would be considered younglings.

5. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Yes, exactly. He put two and two together. The younglings Yoda and Obi-Wan found were killed by a lightsaber. They saw Anakin fighting Cin, Whie and Bene with a lightsaber. Therefore, Anakin killed the younglings. ;)

6. DARK_HELMET_05

DARK_HELMET_05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    i agree, he was just piecing together the younglings deaths by lightsaber and the security holograms in the temple

7. GrievousKiller

GrievousKiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2005
    Well yoda did say all those younglings were killed by a lightasaber, so i guess Obi wan had to assume it was anakin.

8. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    Besides, I'm sure that Obi-Wan and Yoda saw many other dead Jedi bodies on their way to the Archives, surely some of them had to younglings.

9. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    "Killed not by clones, this padawan. But a lightsaber."

Yoda only says that one Jedi was killed by a lightsaber. The clones would have shot many of the younglings while Anakin only got a few kills in.

10. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Everyone in the temple was dead.
    Anakin led the raid on the temple.
    The padawan Yoda examines, the security footage, and anything else Obi and Yoda may have seen while we cut away to Mustafar, proves that Anakin was indiscriminate with his lightsaber - young and old got the chop.
    2+2=4...

11. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005

Thank you,RebelScum77=D=

12. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Just because we didn't see Obi-Wan watch the security footage doesn't mean he didn't see it. He could have seen the footage off-screen.

13. Cantina_Owner

Cantina_Owner Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2003
    This is where he starts thinking,"What if I tell people the truth from a certain point of view?".

14. Exar_Kuns_Apprentice

Exar_Kuns_Apprentice Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2003
    Yes but he says that the Padawan was killed by a lightsabre but Sidious has Anakin bowing in front of him in the temple. So as far as Obi Wan and Yoda are concerned its Anakin, but it could of equaly been Sidious as Obi and Yoda are assuming its Anakin.

But we as the audience know that this is not the case and it was Anakin.

15. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Not really, because it is clear Sidious only turns up at the temple to congratulate Vader after it has been secured:

As ANAKIN surveys the carnage, a DARK-ROBED SITH LORD enters. ANAKIN turns to DARTH SIDIOUS and kneels before him.

ANAKIN: "The traitors have been taken care of, Lord Sidious."

DARTH SlDIOUS: "Good... good... You have done well, my new apprentice. Do you feel your power growing?"

So, it could only really have been Anakin...

16. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

At the very least we can assume he watched more of the holo-recording. The temple fight sequence was cut for time constraints so to have Obi-Wan watch 10 minutes onscreen of Anakin mowing down Jedi would have defeated the purpose of showing it real time.

Carnage

17. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    This is where he starts thinking,"What if I tell people the truth from a certain point of view?".

Heh, lol.

18. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    What, you think the security cam that caught him taking out Cin and the 2 padawans was the only one in the entire temple? I think not. It's not canon but the Vis. Dict. says that Vader knew all his actions were being taped and he was glad since the Emperor would be able to see his handywork. I could believe that. I'm sure Obi-wan got to see more than we did.

19. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Obi-Wan didn't have to see footage. Anakin kneeling before Palpatine was enough to tell him who was responsible for killing the younglings. Yoda even stated that a padawan was killed by a lightsaber. The hologram he told Senator Amidala was the footage that he saw when Anakin is taking on Cin Drallic.

20. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    And besides, Obi-Wan could have seen the youngling slaughter offscreen (when he says "It can't be").

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.