main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Obi Wan was an atrocious teacher and a terrible mentor

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Medievalgirl11, Jan 4, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Medievalgirl11

Medievalgirl11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2020
    Ah, another "Obi wan was completely perfect but just wasn't experienced enough to train Anakin. Other than that he had not flaws and was incapable of doing anything wrong" person, hey?

Please, don't deny it. Your automatic resort to false equivalence demonstrates this. You assume that because (shock, horror!!!) I suggest Obi Wan was not he perfect human, I must be saying he was evil and Anakin wasn't responsible for his actions. Rather like the fans who feel they have to vilify or minimize other characters to make Obi Wan look good, because admitting he had serious flaws diminishes him in some way.

Can you please demonstrate where Obi Wan "showed compassion and comforted Anakin on his nightmares". Please. Provide evidence. Quotations.

I would be intrigued at any evidence for this, because we don't see it in the movies. At all. All we see is evasion, and as I said in the post, when someone is that evasive, there is almost always a reason for it. This is basic psychology.

I do believe Anakin was responsible for his own actions, but I believe Obi Wan and the Jedi Order played a role too. They were not perfect. In fact, there's some basis for suggesting their actions were abusive, which is what this post was intended to demonstrate.

You of course will claim that Anakin became involved with Palpatine because he liked him and was stupid/arrogant/power hungry/born evil but will totally ignore the fact, mentioned in canon, that the Jedi enabled and fostered their relationship from his childhood. They they allowed a politician to groom a vulnerable child, even taking him out alone.

That is called child abuse and neglect. You do not allow a middle aged politician to take them much interest in a 12 year old without getting suspicious. Yet they did, because politics.

but that's probably blasphemy as far as you're concerned. Touch not the Holy Jedi and our Patron Saint Kenobi.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  2. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    Edgy stuff.

3. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Oh, okay, now I see your point.

Yeah, you got people like that for Luke and Rey, and anyone else, I guess.

And that's the main problem that I think some people have with Luke in The Last Jedi, but I'm not going to say that too loud because I don't wanna get jumped on. :cool:

But no, yeah, I see your point.

Nobody can beat Obi-Wan Kenobi in a lightsaber duel though, that much is undisputed!

Legs, arms, in-half. Whatever.

Ask Anakin, ask Darth Maul (and he got shown the error of his ways twice, because I guess he didn't know who he was dealing with the first time. Ha!), and asks any random patrons from Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina on Tatooine to the Outland Club on Coruscant, and all points in-between.

You don't want to get on the business end of Obi-Wan Kenobi's blue blade. No siree. Soresu, The Way of the Mynock, The Resilience Form, Form III... not a good look for thee. :cool:

And ain't no old, brunt-up dude in a suit cutting his hand off... Luke Skywalker.

Obi-Wan is like Rey, nobody is beating them in a duel. They better not even think about it. (And Obi-Wan Kenobi did not lose to Darth Vader, he threw in the towel for Luke. Everyone saw it; and in 4K now too in case it wasn't clear before...) :cool:

And I guess I better stop there. Ha!

And of course Obi-Wan will probably lose to Vader in Obi-Wan Kenobi, but whatever, us Obi-Wan "Stans" know what's what. We know who will always have the metaphorical "high ground." So don't try it.

And yes, I'll stop there.

EDIT: I forgot about Count Dooku, but whatever. :cool:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    naw ibo likes this.
  4. Medievalgirl11

Nov 25, 2020
    Actually no. Not really. Others have said the same.

5. Medievalgirl11

Nov 25, 2020
    and this.

This really isn't "edgy" stuff. We've known about this type of thing for years, and I doubt authors write about it the way they do by accident.

6. Lobot's Wig

Lobot's Wig Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 13, 2020
    You could examine any fantasy movie and contrive a real-world psychoanalysis to it in this fashion, but it doesn't stand up to much credibility in terms of how serious one should take it.

naw ibo and devilinthedetails like this.
  7. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Like your other Kenobi thread, this rant fest is coming to an end too. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.