main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Obi-Wan's Dream - Obi Angst Fic!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by CelseteAntola, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Author : Celeste Antola

Disclaimer : All of these wonderful characters belong to the great flanneled one, and not me. <sob> :)

Note: I wrote this fic in 2001, and being one of my first, it's a little amateurish. But over all, it's ok. I'm fixing the mistakes as I post. Besides, everyone starts out somewhere! Enjoy!! Celeste;)

Obi-Wan awakened, drenched in sweat. That dream again! What does it mean? Obi thought to himself. He looked at the Chrono on the table next to his bed. It was about 2 in the morning. Obi-Wan sighed deeply, and sunk back into his pillow. He stared at the celing lost in thought.

For the last week, Obi-Wan had had this reoccuring dream. He hadn't told anyone about it though, not even Qui-Gon. At first Obi had thought nothing of it, but then the dream became extremely scary. Obi-Wan closed his eyes, and hoped that the dream wouldn't come to him again.

But, it did.

**********************************************************************************

He was standing in a clearing in the middle of a lush forest. Birds were chirping, sunlight was filtering through the treetops, and everything was peaceful. But, then it happened. All of a sudden a huge transport crashed through the trees in front of Obi-Wan. Obi ran as quickly as possible through the dense vegitation. Suddenly, the forest ended, and Obi-Wan was in a huge grassy field. The transport was still coming, and quickly.

Obi-Wan took off again towards the highest hill, about 20 meters away. He sprinted the distance to the foot of the hill quickly, and started his way up the steep slope. The lumbering transport was quickly catching up to Obi-Wan. Obi tripped and fell flat on his face. Then, he began to slide back down the hill. The transport was already making it's way up. Obi-Wan stopped himself with his feet, but looking back, he realized that he would never be able to get up and start running without being overtaken. His only other choice was to lay very still and hope that they don't see him.

His hope became a reality, as the transport continued up the hill right over Obi-Wan. The air from the repulsor-lift drives, made his hair ruffle slightly. After the transport was past him, Obi-Wan Stood up, and followed the towering transport. When he finally reached the top of the hill, and looked around, Obi-Wan was filled with awe. Directly at the foot of the hill lay an expansive city. There were many people in the large marble courtyards, and beyond the city, was a rippling saphire blue ocean. From where he was, Obi could see the small outines of boats in the city's harbor.

The transport was already making it's way down the hill. Luckliy, the slope was a little more gradual on the other side. Obi-Wan began to follow the transport. He followed the transport all the way to the edge of the beauitful city. All of a sudden, the transport stopped and began to unload thousands of droids! Obi-Wan knew that if the droids saw him, he would be toast, so he ducked into the nearest building.

When Obi turned around to close the door behind him, he saw Qui-Gon standing directly behind him.

"How did you get here?" asked Obi-Wan.

"I've been with you the whole time, Padawan. Why do you ask? Now, come on, we have a mission to complete."

Obi shrugged, and followed Qui-Gon, trying to match his long strides. This is getting really weird, thought Obi-Wan. Suddenly, Qui-Gon ran ahead, and disappeared around a corner. When Obi-Wan reached the spot where Qui-Gon dissappeared, he was no where in sight.

Well, Qui-Gon took a right turn down this hallway. I'll go that way too. Obi-Wan thought. He quickly walked down the hallway trying to find Qui-Gon using the Force. But, strangely, Obi couldn't trace Qui-Gon. Where is he? He couldn't have gotten too far.

Obi-Wan began to sprint down the hallway. Then, he noticed that there were no doors in the hallway except for one at the very end. Qui-Gon could have only gone that way! thought Obi happily. He raced towards the door, and when he got there it was locked. Obi-Wan quickl

2. Siri_Kuimini

Siri_Kuimini Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    Oh wonderful! surreal! just really really good, get the next bit up NOW!

please?

3. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Interesting...

4. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Thanks for the great replies!! Hope you enjoy the second part!!
    Celeste;)

Obi-Wan felt himself slide to the floor, when an overwhelming sense of fear took over him. Obi knew that HE wasn?t afraid, so it must have come from Qui-Gon! He leapt up and began pounding on the door, but in vain. Obi-Wan stopped to contemplate his choices. He thought about turning back the way he came, but now there wasn?t a hallway behind him. There was only the door in front of him. Behind him was only a wall.

Obi-Wan became frantic. He shouted, slammed his body against the walls, everything, but nothing happened. He was just about on the verge of despair when he heard a slight buzzing noise emitting from his belt. Obi-Wan looked down. His LIGHTSABER! He had left the power on!

I'm such an idiot! I really should know this by now! Obi-Wan thought. He began to slice through the door. At first his ?saber went in smoothly, but now it was taking forever. Sparks were flying all over the place, and his lightsaber seemed to be going extremely slow.

What?s up now!?, Obi-Wan thought frantically. But, then he realized that his hands were going in slow motion too. What a weird dream! he exclaimed silently. Now that he realized what was happening, things started to speed up, and Obi worked harder at trying to get to his Master.

Finally, the piece of metal that he cut fell through to the other side of the door. Obi-Wan climbed through the hole out into a large street. There was a huge building in front of him that said ?City Power Generator?, but the street outside was empty. His Master was no where in sight. Obi-Wan tried to reach him with the Force again, but he could only feel him very faintly.

Then, Obi-Wan noticed that a side door on the Power Generator building was open. Obi-Wan decided to give it a try. He raced to the door and through it, just to find himself in another long hallway.

?Oh, this is useless!? Obi-Wan sighed. He turned around to exit the building, but the door was gone! ?Great!? he muttered. Obi-Wan walked down the hallway, but as he got further along, and the opening at the end got larger, fear washed over him once more. It got even stronger as he got to the end of the hall, but there was a strange essence about it. It was almost as if he had felt it before.

That was it! He had felt that strange feeling before, it was that of his Master?s! Obi-Wan sprinted down the remaining length of the hallway, to find himself in an immense room. In the middle was a large shaft that emitted an energy beam, but the room around it was empty.........except for his Master who was dueling a dark figure with a double-bladed lightsaber!

A double-bladed lightsaber! That could only mean one thing......

?A Sith!? Obi-Wan finished vocally, disbelief flooding over him. He ignited his lightsaber once more, and began to run across the room. But, again, things went in slow motion. His steps were excruciatingly slow to him, especially since the battle between Qui-Gon and the Sith raged on in normal speed!

Obi-Wan tried to speed up but nothing happened, so he focused on his Master. He could see the sweat pouring down Qui-Gon?s neck, drenching his robes. He could almost feel the sheer exhaustion that his Master was experiencing. Knowing that his Master couldn?t last much longer, he set his mind on running faster.

All of a sudden his speed came back with a startling jolt, as he joined the battle between Qui-Gon and the menacing Sith. Connecting through the Force with his Master, Qui-Gon felt Obi-Wan?s presence. And, so did the Sith, because he started sending amazingly fast attacks towards Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan?s mind became one with the Force and with Qui-Gon. He felt the fear and tension lacing through Qui-Gon and sent reassuring messages to him.

//Master, don?t worry. I?m here to help.// Obi-Wan blocked a red blade that twisted in his direction, nearly losing his balance at the same time. As he struggled to regain control, Qui-Gon became increasingly afraid.

?Obi-Wan go! I don?t want you to get hu

5. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Ok, there is a slight discrepancy here with the blood from the lightsaber wounds, but hey, it's a weird dream right?

Celeste;)

Obi-Wan charged the Sith, who was gloating over Qui-Gon's dead body. For once, the dream was in his favor. He was running at a surprising speed, and the Sith was pulling out his scarlet blade in slow motion. This is how it's supposed to be! Obi-Wan thought happily. The Sith had just looked up, grinning wickedly, when Obi-Wan reached him and thrust his blade into the Sith's abdomen. This is for you, Master. Obi thought. He watched the Sith's face contort with pain, as Obi ripped his blade through the Sith's middle, cutting him clear in half.

"You..... will........ pay....... Kenobi." the Sith's meanacing voice jerked out, as Obi-Wan's blade finished it's dark deed. How did he know my name? thought Obi, bewildered, as the Sith toppled over splattering blood all over the floor. Obi-Wan kicked the halves of the Sith's malignant body away from his Master's. Obi-Wan pushed back the pain that was terrorizing his own abdomen, and stretched out with the Force.

Yes!!!!!!!! he exclaimed happily to himself. Qui-Gon was still hanging on to life, but barely. Obi-Wan knelt down and used the Force to strengthen his Master, but there were barriers that kept it from working. Qui-Gon had finally given up. Obi-Wan looked down at his Master's bearded face. Suddenly, Qui-Gon's eyes flickered open, glazed over with pain. The blurry blue eyes stared out into space, not seeming to notice Obi-Wan.

"Master?" Obi-Wan whispered. The eyes filled with pain and anguish turned towards him.

"Obi-Wan?" came Qui-Gon's hoarse voice.

"Yes Master! It's me," cried Obi-Wan, tears beginning to stream down his cheeks.

"Don't cry," Qui-Gon pleaded, fully turning his head towards Obi-Wan.

"I'm sorry Master," Obi-Wan sobbed. "I don't want to lose you. You-you mean everything to me!"

"I know Padawan," whispered Qui-Gon. "You mean everything to me too." Qui-Gon reached up his large calloused hand and twisted Obi-Wan's braid around his fingers. Although he hated it when Qui-Gon played with his braid, Obi-Wan let him do it this time. It might be the last time. I can't believe this is happening! Wake up Obi-Wan! he shouted at himself, but the dream woudn't leave him.

Qui-Gon turned his head back, and stared into space once more, Obi-Wan's braid still clasped tightly between his fingers. Slowly Qui-Gon's eyelids started to close, keeping his crystal blue eyes from view.

"Master, no! You have to wake up! You can't leave me!" Obi pleaded. He lightly shook Qui-Gon's shoulders, while trying to keep him alive through the Force. But, it didn't work this time either. Qui-Gon opened his eyes, and looked at Obi-Wan mournfully.

"Do not try Padawan. You cannot save me now. I must become one with the Force, forever." Qui-Gon said, a sudden calmness coming over him.

"But, Master, what will I do with out you?" Obi-Wan gasped. His heart-wrenching sobs shook his body uncontrollably. Tears streamed down his face, wetting Qui-Gon's tunic and the floor.

"Hush, Obi. I love you, and I will always be with you." Qui-Gon sighed, and once again his eyelids closed slowly, painfully slowly to Obi-Wan, and hid Qui-Gon's vivid blue eyes............... forever.

"I love you too, Master!" Obi-Wan whispered. He bent down, and kissed Qui-Gon's pale cheek, tears still running down his face. No! Obi-Wan screamed at himself. This can't be happening. It's surreal. It's just a dream! But, the sickening pain in his heart was really there. Obi-Wan hadn't felt pain like that since Cerasi died, but this pain was ten times greater. It made Obi-Wan's head swim.

He looked at Qui-Gon's peaceful face, and realized that he was still clenching Obi-Wan's braid. He slowly removed his braid from Qui-Gon's fingers, still crying, but silently now. He put his lightsaber back onto his belt, and looked back at his Master's ashen face. He remembered all the expressions that Qui-Gon's face had ever used. He remembered how Qui-Gon used t

6. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    GAH!

I certainly liked that death scene more than the one in the movie.

But still, so sad.

7. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    ***stares at the computer screen in shock***

oh my gosh. that was so sad. WAKE UP OBI!

8. PadawanAmellia

PadawanAmellia Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    ***sneaks out of lurkdom****

I agree WAKE UP OBI!

Great story, very interesting and suspenseful. Can't wait for the next post. Hopfully soon :)

***trys to sneak back into lurkdom but feels the glares of other authors she has yet to review ***sighs*** lurkdom has to wait***

9. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Hey all! Thanks for the great reviews!

RentonKenobi- Thanks for the compliment! I think that the nicest one I've gotten yet!

Here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

Celeste;)

~yada yada~ thoughts
    //yada yada// Force messages

"Master! Help me!" Obi-Wan screamed as he sat up in his bed. He felt a hand pushing him down. When he looked to where the hand came from, he saw his Master's worried face.

"Master Qui-Gon!" he cried, throwing himself at the Jedi Master. He was so relived that it all HAD been a dream, and wrapped his Master in an embrace. Qui-Gon hugged him back.

"We have been so worried Padawan! You awoke me last night with your screams, and I couldn't get you to wake up. I brought you to the healers, but even they couldn't do anything. What happened?"

Obi-Wan looked around and realized that he was in the healers' ward. He tried to think of what to tell his Master, but decided not to say anything about what had just haunted him.

"It was just a bad dream, Master" he said smiling, trying to allay Qui-Gon's fears.

"Telling the truth you are not," came the familiar, cynical voice of Master Yoda. Obi turned his head and saw the ancient Master hobbling into the brightly lit room. Qui-Gon raised his eyebrows at Obi-Wan.

"Really, Master Yoda?" asked his Master.

"Hmph! Seen through his silly grin, should you have Qui-Gon."

~Great! Now I'm in for it.~ Obi-Wan groaned silently.

"Heard that I did" said Yoda, tauntingly. Obi rolled his eyes. He should have known better that to hope that Master Yoda wouldn't hear him. "Now, about this dream we must talk. Not normal it was."

"I don't want to talk about it."he said darkly.

"Apprentice! Watch how you speak to your Masters!" repremanded Qui-Gon, but Obi-Wan still wouldn't talk.

"Perhaps my special gruel I could make. Help Obi-Wan that would." Obi-Wan was about to reject Master Yoda's suggestion, but surprisingly, Qui-Gon beat him to it.

"Master, I don't think that will be necessary. Obi-Wan just needs some rest, then maybe he will tell us about his dream."

"Hmph! Enough sleep your Apprentice has had Qui-Gon. Like my gruel you do not." Yoda chuckled softly. " Sneak to the Cafeteria you would. Complained about my cooking did you." He smacked Qui-Gon's hand with his gimmer stick. "An ungrateful Apprentice you were Qui-Gon."

"Now Master Yoda, we musn't give my Apprentice any ideas." said Qui-Gon sheepishly. Annoyed, Yoda started to exit the room.

"Back I will come. Be prepared you will be Obi-Wan." With that the green Jedi Master exited the room.

"Umm.....Master? What was all that about? I mean with you and sneaking to the cafeteria."

"I do not feel like discussing this with you Obi-Wan. Now, I believe you have some explaining to do." answered Qui-Gon crisply. Obi looked down at his hands, and tried to evade his Master's statement.

"How long have I been here?"he asked.

"About 10 standard hours." He quickly looked up at the chrono and saw that it was around noon.

"Wow,"he whispered. "Well,"he said louder," I'm really hungry. Uh.. could we go get something to eat?"

"You will have to tell me sometime Apprentice, but yes, we may go and eat. I have not eaten yet either."

"Really? You mean that you stayed up all night with me?" Qui-Gon nodded his head. Obi noticed the dark rings around his aquamarine eyes. "Thank you Master." he said quietly.

"That's all right. You are my responsibility after all. Now, let's make sure that it's alright with the healers and head down for lunch."

"OK," was Obi-Wan's only response. ~I can't believe that he did that for me. Maybe Qui-Gon does love me after all.~

**********************************************************************************

A few hours later, Obi-Wan was back in his quarters with Qui-Gon. Thankfully, the healers had let him go, and he had a peaceful lunch with his Master. Qui-Gon went into the bedroom to take a nap, and Obi-Wan stood on the balcony overlooking the Temple's outdoor gardens.

The day outside was gorge

10. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Hey All!

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. School's been hectic, and Holy Week and Easter left me no time to re-read the next chapter for posting. Hopefully, I'll have it up by next week if not by the weekend. TTYL!

Celeste;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.