main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Obidala/Sabewan Archive (Update 8/28/07 - Thread Adoption Notice!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AERYN_SUN, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Who knew that those crazy crack 'ships would lead me to Sabe. That particular fic 'shipped her with a younger Garm Bel Iblis. writing that fic has opened a whole new world of potential stories featuring the bodyguard/friend to Queen Amidala.

If interested, In the Pale Moonlight also begins at Padme's funeral.

I lood forward to examining fics that also feature this character. I don't know how I feel about shipping her with Obi-Wan, but c'est la vie!

2. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    I know that it's quite silly to show up in this way, but I really need you guys' help! :_| I am looking for a sabewan fanfic which is about Sabe saved Obi-Wan(who pretended to be a slave) on Tatooine. It took place after EP3.
    If anybody remember the name or address of this fanfic, please please tell me. Many thanks!!!!!!

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I have decided to put this thread up for adoption for the following reasons:

1) I don't login in here at boards.theforce.net as much as I used too.
    2) My fandom has actually kinda of changed. I'm still a fan of Star Wars but my ethusiasm about the series isn't what it used to be.

I still want this thread to be opened (the reason for the thread adoption), but I can't maintain it anymore. Way back at 2002 when I really engrossed myself in the Star Wars mania, I started out with one fansite which quickly changed to five, then four and now, it's back to one. The original fansite I started with: Obidala Sanctuary.

Between then and now, a lot of things have changed in my life too. I'm in a four year college now, and I can't really pay attention to two fandoms at the same time. My mind is either here or there (and in most cases, it's in the other fandom).

So, here are my qualifications for the person who adopts this thread:

1) This is a duel-archive. Meaning that it not only showcases Obidala fanfiction but Sobiwan as well. Whoever takes this job, has to look for both fanfics and you can't favor one over the other. I never did anyway.
    2) I would like that the format that I currently use to maintain the archive stays the same because it's cleaner and easier for people to find what they're looking for.
    3) I do not want this thread to become a "dead thread" once I turn it over to someone. If you really don't have time to maintain it, don't apply for the job. The new owner will need to create a new thread under their login, and I'll ask the mods here to close this one. But the new owner of the new thread should place a link in the new thread to this old archive.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

~ aeryn

4. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/obisgirl/obidala100x35_02.jpg]

Hey guys!

I know with our hectic schedules and fandoms, we sometimes forget about joining fanlistings. Basically, I'm here to pimp out Obidala Shrine. I got an e-mail from The Fanlistings Network that Obidala Shrine hasn't been updated for a long time (since June, it looks like). So, if you are a fan of Obidala fan arts and wallpapers, please don't hesitate to join the official fanlisting dedicated to fan art and wallpapers.

Also, for those who may not know, Obidala Shrine and Obidala Sanctuary have new urls (http://www.obidala-sanctuary.info and http://www.obidala-sanctuary.info/shrine). It would also help to update those urls in your bookmarks, if you haven't already.

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I will be taking over this thread, by the grace of AERYN_SUN. We thank her for her awesome and tireless work and I hope to keep things running well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.