main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Obidala/Sabewan Archive (Update 8/28/07 - Thread Adoption Notice!!!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AERYN_SUN, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    I suppose I'm one who believes that the only plausible AU that I might (and I stress the word, MIGHT) tolerate O/A is one in which Anakin doesn't exist, and if you're going to take Anakin out of Star Wars, well, where does that leave you?

I mean, I can understand the desire to give Obi-Wan a girl and all, just don't see why it can't be a handmaiden or an OC or another Jedi, or in other words, anyone but Padme.

Part of it too was too that when I started reading PT fanfic among Obidalas there seemed to be a "Ewan's hot and we hate Ani" sentiment about a great deal of them which bugged me to no end...I mean, I know fanfic is wish fullfillment, but geez...

-Tim

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Ok, I stayed outta here for obivious reasons (IE obidala's give me the willies) but curiousity just got the best of me...

Sorry Obidala shippers... I'm still firmly if the opinion that it just wouldn't work on SOOOO many levels (between the lines of Obi's spech in SW... 'A young Jedi by the name of Darth Vader, who was a...' reads: only went after the Jedi after he found out I was schtoofing your mum....')
    :p
    DB

3. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    EXTREMELY IMPORTANT OBIDALA WEBSITE UPDATE!

An Alternate Universe, the original Obidala website is FINALLY back on-line!

An Alternate Universe

note: i haven't checked out the site yet but i'd thought i'd post the news here first!

~aeryn

4. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
  5. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Aerny_sun: Thanks, I'm glad I managed to say what I was trying to say...... :)

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    An important part of rebuilding Obidala Sanctuary was the creation of the Obi-Wan/Sabe Fanfic Archive. Sadly though, I decided not to because it would take up too much space.

Now, I have decided to recreate my dream. Okay, so my dream is another website (my 5th actually) but that's fine with me.

of course, the archive will be reborn but any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

~aeryn

7. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    Thanks for including my fic! That was very nice.
    Also that is one heck of a good discussion going on about Jedi's/love - Padme/Ani Sabe/Obi, Obi/Padme going on on this thread - very nice!

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Also that is one heck of a good discussion going on about Jedi's/love - Padme/Ani Sabe/Obi, Obi/Padme going on on this thread - very nice!

except, it hasn't really been active for a long time, but if you want to start it back up again, be my guest :D

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    attention all obi-wan/sabe 'shippers:

the following is a beautiful poem i wrote after working on an obi-wan/sabe fan art of the same name.

Different Worlds: An Obi-Wan/Sabe poem

if you don't know already, i'm constructing an obi-wan/sabe 'shipper site called 'fated to be...'

this is going up there of course, along with whatever i can get my hands on but i thought it would be nice to post it here :D

~aeryn

10. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
  11. X-Wing_Pilot5

X-Wing_Pilot5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2001
    My opinions toward the whole Obidala thing can be summed up in a line someone once wrote in relation to this same topic:

It was arrogance which did him in, Luke ... the fact that his wife and I were having an affair had nothing to do with it.

And I can see Sir Alan McGuiness saying that line. :D I hate adultery, period.

Besides, my sister says she wants to have Anakin's love child and marry Obi-Wan, so "Old Ben"'s already been taken anyway. :)

God bless,

X-Wing Pilot 5

12. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    yay, the debate is back on :D

if obi-wan/padme shippiness is impossible, what about obi-wan/sabe as a couple?

13. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I agree, it is evil. I personaly mentally change Episode 2, and have it so that Padme never marries Anakin...

Although I must say, I REALLY liked the story Going HOme by Shanobi where Padme marries neither Anakin OR Obi-Wan....There are alot ofr really cool reasons why in there...Anyways I won't spoil it for any of you that might be interested in reading it...

14. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i'll have to check out the story sometime.

i have two updates:

1st, restless has moved. the new url is as follows: http://restless.lunaseas.com/

but the link has been update on the 1st page of this thread, so you'll be directed to the site. also, you still have the old url to the archive, there's a link on that page that will take you to the new servor.

also, later or sometime today, i'll be posting another obidala poem but my latest poem, if you guys haven't read it already is an obi-wan/sabe poem. the link is also on the main page.

15. Darth_Tim

Feb 26, 2002
    I don't mind Obi and Sabe, except that Obi wouldn't (if you take the movie version of the PT Order) break the rules like that, I don't think. He's too much a Jedi.

If you go with an AU universe in that respect I could see it happening, or if you do like I plan to late in my E3 where at that point it's only he and Yoda still left...but that's another tale...LOL.

-Tim

16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    the idea that obi-wan has a romantic side is completely AU, but he's stil human. there's no way he couldn't meet a beautiful woman and not flirt with her.

off side: where did this whole idea that jedi are like monks/priests come from? i still don't find that plausible. is it au (fanfiction)?

17. Darth_Tim

Feb 26, 2002
    It comes from AOTC. Or just listen to the various DVD commentaries about Anakin or the love story.

"Are you allowed to love? I thought that was forbidden for a Jedi."

"You have made a commitment to the Jedi Order, a commitment not easily broken.."

etc.

-Tim

18. JediKlea

Jun 19, 2002
    This has probably come up in a thread before, but aren't Jedi allowed to marry IN the Jedi order???

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    jedi are probably allowed to marry within the jedi [it's called keeping up the ranks]

but not outside, like anakin [jedi+senator] because it would be too scandelous. but if padme were a jedi and anakin was a jedi, the jedi themselves probably wouldn't have a problem with them being together {ooh, plot bunny. someone wanna write a fic about that?]

i think in those days, people were more conservative (espicially jedi) if they got involved with someone outside of the order. but if you look at eu and ot, it really doesn't matter all that much.

20. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    One quick comment on the age difference thing: Maybe I'm stereotyping but generally girls mature faster than boys which is why traditionally the male is supposed to be the older one in the couple. Maybe it doesn't hold true for most girls anymore but personally I'd rather have a guy who's ten years older than five years younger.

21. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    From what I understand, attachment and possession are forbidden, period - which means a marriage within the Order would probably still be forbidden. As for "keeping up the ranks," remember, the Jedi have seriously diminished in numbers. Force sensitivity is a genetic trait, but not exclusively genetic. So a reduction in the number of Force-sensitive children born every year coincides with the fact that Jedi don't reproduce.

Mel

22. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    someone still wanna take that plot bunny?

23. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Clone Wars - Episode II was updated. new chapter 3!

also, does anyone want to write reviews for fics? obidala & obisabe? if anyone is interested, just pm me to let me know and what genre.

24. JediKlea

Jun 19, 2002
    Sabewan...

25. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks, jediklea for volunteering. i'll work out the review format this aftetnoon and post it here.

okay, now we need an obidala reviewer.

{like the name sabewan. it's cute :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.