main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate "Biden Beats Trump" - The 2020 General Election Presidential Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I mean, liberals have spent now four years talking about how Hillary won the "popular vote" as if that's a metric that matters when it doesn't, so it's not like liberals have been on the side of "facts matters" when it's inconvenient to them.

2. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    "Hillary won the popular vote" is factually correct. "Hillary won the election" is delusional.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  3. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    It's an irrelevant metric. we've had people in the now locked election thread say she "won the election" because of this metric.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    dp4m likes this.
  4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    In all fairness, Trump has also spent four years talking about how he won the popular vote.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    You know I agree with you, so I'm not sure why you think this is a gotcha. :p

Lord Vivec likes this.
  6. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Trump needs to also stop caring about things that don't matter, but fighting one impossible battle is more than enough for me

7. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    It's an irrelevant metric to the election indeed, and it's not like the rules have changed. Right now this is beginning to look like a potential repeat of 2016, and not from altogether dissimilar reasons...

The popular vote win being an electoral loss, however, does say an interesting thing or two about American "democracy"...

Welcome to narcissism :p

8. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    That sounds like an optimistic outcome to me. Trump probably will appear to be winning on election night and he'll declare victory and then a significant number of the mail-in ballots will be discarded for dubious reasons and some, (many?) will flat out disappear and Trump will hand wave it all away and move on to a second term.

9. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Not a gotcha for you, more as an observation that nobody out there really is invested in facts

10. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Well, it's a fact. A useless one, but still a fact :p

3sm1r likes this.
  11. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    For the Iowa caucus it's a bit more complicated than that, since "winning Iowa" has a symbolic rather than substantive meaning, so there is a certain degree of subjectivity in what we decide to call "winning". Pete neither got the most final delegates nor the most votes in any alignment, so yeah, we can make the case that "winning" means getting a (very slightly) higher SDE score -as he did- but I think we can all agree that it's a rather weird metric to use.

12. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    I'm not touching this Iowa thing with a twenty-metre pole :p

3sm1r likes this.
  13. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Guys, it was a joke. I know remembering the Iowa controversy is nice because it harkens back to before hope died but it was just a wisecrack.

3sm1r likes this.
  14. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Are liberals ever on the side of facts?

15. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    A lot more often than Trumpists. It's not even close.

16. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    Riiight ... okay lol

your buddies in the media never rush to conclusions over news stories or anything. They always wait for the actual facts to come out.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  17. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    What’s the Donald Trump presidential lie counter up to these days? Last I checked it was over 20000. To say the president has as adversarial relationship with fact would be underselling it, the man has been waging war on the very concept of truth.

18. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    I want to apologise to everyone for the fact that I'm posting a picture in this thread but I feel not only is it warranted it is the only real response to this.
    [​IMG]

19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    That thing blew up a long time like Homer Simpson taking a lie detector test:

[​IMG]

Princess_Tina likes this.
  20. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Are you the same person who was arguing that the Covid deaths numbers were manufactured by a big conspiracy aimed at making Trump look bad?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    It also helps to have a person embedded in the consulting firm that programs the app used for tabulating ballots. :-B

Abadacus and Lordban like this.
  22. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    I'm a Gaullist; you probably never have read any of our press. One thing we don't do, for your edification, is invoke alternative facts - the GOP's own words for what they do.

23. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    This criticism means a lot coming from someone on the same side as Q-Anon, flat earthers, and anti-vaxxers.

24. MasterP

Jun 8, 2003
    I’m literally not for any of those, thank you.

But what does it matter. The labeling liberals call you whatever they want if they don’t think the same as you.

gezvader28 likes this.
  25. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    The VP pick of your beloved president has openly spoken against evolution and in favor of creationism.

Also, "labeling liberals"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.