main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by carmenite42, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Yes, Carmen's making another thread. Get over it.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

much of the text below has been ganked from here

How does awareness help?

- It reminds women to get their yearly mammograms. Earlier detection increases chances of survival.

- It reminds women that they should do monthly self-examinations. Again, earlier detection saves lives.

- Awareness is contagious. If you are spreading awareness, the people you are spreading awareness to will spread awareness also!

- Awareness raises funds. People becoming aware of such a huge issue may donate money towards research for a cure!!

So, what can I do to increase awareness and/or help find a cure/fund mammograms?

Many, many things...to name a few:

- Wear a ribbon!! Go to Wal-Mart and spend a couple bucks on pink ribbon and safety pins.

- Give out ribbons! Make ribbons and give them out to your family, friends and colleagues!

- Donate money to Breast Cancer research!! You may do so on many breast cancer sites like The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, Breast Cancer Campaign, Breast Cancer dot org, CBCRP, BCRF, action breast cancer and many others!

- Click the following links daily:
    http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
    http://breastcancer.care2.com/

Get more info from the links above. And keep those affected by breast cancer (the victims and their friends/families) in your thoughts.

And YAY to Raven for uploading icons and pinking it up for the month :D

2. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

I'm doing my part this month by offering free breast exams. Just PM me to schedule a time. My technique is such that I can provide an effective and accurate evaluation simply by studying pictures of your breasts, so you're welcome to send pics.

I just want to do my part.

AYBABTU

3. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
  4. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Well I had the icon and they got rid of it. :( I understand their reasoning for it, the whole poloticalness of the issue. But I think its something that we should be able to use it. Quick someone photoshop Padme with a pink ribbon so it can be Star Wars related. I'm not that great at photoshop hence me saying someone. But I do miss it and I thought it was a great thing supporting a great cause.

~PK~

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I've always been against non-SW icons, but since TF.N main has got a link supporting BCA Month, there should be a freakin' icon for it. I don't recall seeing any lightsabers in the NBA Finals.

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    My National Honor Society is taking part in a Breast Cancer walk on Sunday.

-Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.