main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate "Biden Beats Trump" - The 2020 General Election Presidential Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Good but at this point Joe has so much money he cannot even spend it and that includes for the now for sure challenge by DJT. Senate Democratic candidates need the money now. What Joe needs is votes. They all do.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    My family felt iffy about supporting out of states candidates. I could only convince them for Biden.

black_saber and Luke02 like this.
  3. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Damn useless Democrats who allowed it to come to this....

4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    Trump tells his rally that Savannah Guthrie is 'crazed' in a further attempt to appeal to suburban women.

Nobody145, Rew, Jedi Ben and 3 others like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Part of me wonders if he just wants to lose. I just don’t get how he can say things so stupid

JEDI-RISING and Emperor Ferus like this.
  6. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    This was the same thing people were saying to the run up of 2016

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I know. I have said it before it’s a small part. I just get pissed off that people fall for it so easily.

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    He never really counted on winning.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  9. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Subconsciously? Yes. But the fear of a post presidency of divorce (which he doesn't care but it be humiliating for him since not only would be 0 for 3 in marriages it truly show the world that it was a business deal only), indictments and dodging creditors is what keeps him going. There isn't a scenario where he has a post GWB presidency where he lives a quiet life. Not that he want that but even even a peaceful post presidency like that is not possible.

Emperor Ferus and Princess_Tina like this.
  10. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    every seat should be stolen, if we wanna go with utilitarian approaches and be realistic; this is politics, the dems need to play to win for once. It is not stolen if you give it away

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Rew and Emperor Ferus like this.
  11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    More like the other way around. Barret wins one of their wars, for the Supreme Court, the election is a battle.

Um, Feinstein's unpopularity with Democrats has sunk to new depths, and earned her even a public rebuke from Schumer.

12. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    We have now reached the point where the US Presidential election are headlining French news - complete with recurring clichés and endless reiterations of how the electoral college works and that on occasion it's the Supreme Court that votes. It's going to be an annoying week.

13. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I’m expecting my job to become a lot more unpleasant regardless of who wins (customer service), but I will feel worse one way rather than the others.

Pensivia, 3sm1r and Princess_Tina like this.
  14. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002

I also believe that Trump is losing Texas, Arizona and Florida too.

15. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I'll dig up that thread "if Trump wins".

TiniTinyTony and Rew like this.
  16. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Yeah, but those are all pretty close pollingwise.

17. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    We live in scary time of voting.

18. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    It feels like Trump supporters are getting desperate. This weekend my husband got a text from a "friend" he hasn't heard from in a long time. The text was reminding him to vote for Trump or "his taxes would go up."

What's most disgusting about this to me is anyone would be so concerned about money above all else. I mean that's Trump's whole platform right now. "You haven't seen Grandma in over 6 months, but look at your 401K". And that is a very mild example [face_sick]

19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Might need a title edit before bumping it.
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads/trump-won-was-if-trump-wins.50031802/

3sm1r and SuperWatto like this.
  20. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    If Trump wins it's almost certainly going to be because of 3 months of legal challenges - Bush v Gore x 10 with everything running up to the Trump Supreme Court for rubber-stamping. I don't want to Appleseed this too much, but it is 2020, so why would we be denied our nightmare scenario?

Nobody145, Pensivia, 3sm1r and 3 others like this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    There's something you've forgotten about.... 2021.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  22. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Funny how this idea is suddenly getting far more airtime.

And this concerns me, a lot.

I've been worried non-stop that the Supreme Court will take the position that any ballot that arrives after Election Day should be considered invalid, and counting them will lend validity to claim that the election is somehow "rigged." Yet it is Justice Kagan's dissent which makes the very opposite point; namely, that not counting every legitimate ballot will lead to charges of the process being 'rigged', and that midnight on Election Day should not be some sort of magical line that suddenly renders ballots that arrive afterward null-and-void.

Biden's margin needs to be huge. I'm praying he flips Texas. That would make a lot of these shenanigans moot.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  23. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I'll be surprised if Biden wins Texas. It's gonna be close. Closer than it's been in a long while but I think Trump is more likely to take it. It's the down ballot implications of a narrow victory there than have the GOP sweating. Flipping the state legislature heading into a redistricting cycle would almost be the bigger loss for them and that's very much on the table.

24. gizka

gizka Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 29, 2016
    This is incredibly important, considering how yesterday the Supreme Court issued a decision overruling voting accommodations in Wisconsin (that would've extended the deadline for receipt of mail-in ballots), albeit there are legal grounds to distinguish between the Wisconsin and PA cases. If you live in a swing state or know people in one, spread the news that votes will more likely be counted if they vote in person or by official drop-off box.

I honestly didn't even think of the Bush v. Gore scenario until Kavanaugh's cite to that case in the Wisconsin decision yesterday, and it just felt like the cherry on top of ominous news considering how Roberts, Kavanaugh, and Barrett worked for the legal team on Bush's side in Bush v. Gore. Anyway, badger everyone who thinks it's just another 4 years of damage because the GOP clearly intends to enact their conservative policies through the courts for most of our lifetimes. Trump has already appointed more federal judges than any other president in history (that is, 25% of Article III federal judges who basically sit for life), and a number of appointees have been noticeably young, which translates into guarantees of even longer tenure.

Alpha-Red and Rew like this.
  25. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Hurricane is on course to hit Texas in a few days, which would probably benefit Biden as more of his votes have been early. George Soros' weather machine firing on all cylinders.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    CT-867-5309 and Vaderize03 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.