main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Love and Marriage : pre-ESB H/L: Updated 6/28/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by J_Girl, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Of Love and Marriage
    by J-Girl

timeframe: Pre-ESB, 'mission' right before Ord Mantell; up through and including Ord Mantell; after Ord Mantell all the way to Echo Base in the Hoth System; oh yeah, AND BEYOND! ;)

characters: Han and Leia; Chewie and Luke as minor characters

type: you'll laugh, you'll cry out, You'll melt, you'll curse, you'll catch your breath, you'll eat some cookies, maybe a little popcorn...

Summary: Han and Leia find themselves stuck on a system where Leia is being compelled to become queen. The catch is that she must be married. And guess who they want her to marry? That's the beginning....

Post Links: All of the "chapters" (posts with story content in them)are now linked on the first page of this fic. Also, each chapter is linked to the previous chapter and the next chapter. You will find the link to the previous one at the top of the chapter you are reading and the link to the next one at the end. This is to help make reading the entire story through easier. I hope you think it's a good idea.
    links only work correctly if your screen is set at the default 25 replies per page. So you're good to go, unless you have manually changed it using the "Options" link above

Chapter 1: Afraid, Flyboy? Scroll down, page 1

Chapter 2: Testing the Magic Potion, Princess? Scroll down, page 1

Chapter 3: The Big Question?

Chapter 4: What?s in This Stuff?

Chapter 5: Whoever Said Anything About a Prince?

Chapter 6: How You Doin? ?

Chapter 7: Love at First Sight?

Chapter 8: Will You Still Call Me ?Sweetheart??

Chapter 9: Exactly How Many Princesses Do You Know?

Chapter 10: Are You Dreaming or Wishing?

Chapter 11: Zero Hour... No, That Kiss Didn?t Count- or Did It?

Chapter 12: Did You Say ?Captain Gorgeous??

Chapter 13: What do I Have to do to Shut You Up?

Chapter 14: Is That What they Call a Quickie?

Chapter 15: Knots Mean Not, All Clear?

Chapter 16: Are We Divorced Yet? Are We Divorced Yet? Are We Divorced Yet?

Chapter 17: Is Han Solo Too Hard to Get Over?

Chapter 18: Some Sort of Secret Spaz?

Chapter 19: Scar Spelunking or Slugfest?

Chapter 20: Which Way Have You Been Rubbed Today?

Chapter 21: What Are We Talking on the Danger Scale?

Chapter 22: Anyone Remember to Confiscate the Blasters?

Chapter 23: Luke?s Where?

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=362

2. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Ok, so I've already read this, but I still think it's WONDERFUL!!! You have Han and Leia down perfect in a great story!! AWESOME, AWESOME job!!! I'm so proud ::sniff:: ;) :)

3. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Thanks, Mush Master. I could NEVER have done this without you! You are a great Dexster!

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Now this is a good story!! More soon?

5. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Sara Kenobi: Thanks! More soon? well, that depends on the interest level I suppose. I will say that this is a finished fic and I plan to post often if I think people are reading.

6. SarahJ

SarahJ Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2001
    I'm reading and would love the next post!please?

7. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Intriguing start J-Girl. I'd like more. :)

8. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    SaraJ: I am glad to see that you are reading. I suppose a new post will have to be forthcoming after all. :)

Sologal: It gets even more interesting in the next post. ;)

9. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Woohooo!! :) 'Nuff said. ;)

10. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Ah, I knew the one with the thermal detonators would make herself known. Couldn't have done this one without you either my friend! :D

11. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Hey, that's an interesting idea for a fic J_girl :) Can't wait to see where it goes :)

12. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Here I be, J_girl! :)

As I will be for the remainder of this fic! ;)

~*~Bria

13. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    sweetheart: keep reading, I think you will like this fic.

bria: glad to hear it! Welcome aboard.

14. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Dexster, I only nagged you into finishing. :D Yopu did a great job all on your own! And you are a great dexster too!!! :D

15. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Well, since 13 posts is not the most auspicious number I can think of, I will up this before I go for the night.

Thanks again, Dant!

Tomorrow I will post the next part... if all goes well. ;)

16. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    UPPPPPPP!!!!!

Gotta keep this on the first page so the masses can enjoy it, right? :D

17. WILFBIRD

WILFBIRD Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    J_Girl,
    You have GOT TO continue this. I'll be here until the end.

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  19. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Loved the first post and am looking forward to the next.

20. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    wilfbird: I will continue for the time being seeing how there are some of you out there who are nice enough to let me know you want to see some more.

sara k: thanks for the up

kab: glad you liked it.

dant: you are always an upper for me, LOL ;)

21. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    J-Girl, I love what you have so far. Now please, cure my boredom. I'll give you a billion dollars to throw another post on right now.

No kidding, just tell me how to make out the check...

22. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Yanksfan: ok, for a billion dollars... oh, just make the check out to Dexgirl, that D-e-x-g-i-r-l.....

Previous: page, 1, (above ^) Chapter 1: Afraid, Flyboy?

Chapter 2: Testing the Magic Potion, Princess?

Leia came down to join him before dinner. She found Han pouring himself what had to be at least a second drink. He noticed her arrival without looking up at her.

?Wanna a drink??

?Sure, thanks.? The princess, suddenly restless, walked around the room absently admiring the artwork on the walls while he took a second glass and poured her drink. Now dressed in an elegant, dark lavender gown with a fitted bodice with a single brown braid falling down her back, she wondered why she felt a little unsure of herself.

As Han turned to hand her the drink, he was taken aback by how beautiful she looked. He guessed the king had sent the clothes over with the rest of their things. Rarely had he had the opportunity to see Leia so formally dressed and appearing for all intents and purposes like a princess. Seeing her now, he wished the occasion would come up more often.

?You look nice,? Han beamed, an obvious appreciative smile lighting up his eyes as he gave her royal-like gown the once-over, then the twice-over. ?I didn?t know we were dressing for dinner,? he tried to leer, but it came out differently than he expected. Han was so busy appraising her that he hadn?t noticed the difference.

She blushed a very pretty pink and hated herself for liking his open stare. Their hands brushed as she took the drink from him, giving off little shocks of electricity everywhere their skin touched.

?Thanks. Since we?re here, I thought I might as well enjoy it,? Leia answered, trying to explain her change in attire. It felt good to be wearing nice clothes for a change and even more so that it had stunned the rough-around-the-edges smuggler.

Han silently seconded the idea as something they could both enjoy. This softer image of her made something in his chest do pleasant little flips whenever he looked at her.

Talking as innocently as possible throughout dinner, mostly about the food, both secretly wondered if that elixir would actually work. Once the subject of food was exhausted, they continued to speak guardedly, staying on safe topics, just in case. Han put his unease down to being in an untried atmosphere. Here he was having dinner in a palace with a princess supposedly with the express purpose of testing their feelings towards each other. In the years that he had known Leia, he teased her enough about her status, but here it was in it?s glory right in front of him. And it was definitely something to see. As for Leia, she was feeling more and more comfortable in an element she had been forced to abandon a long time ago now. However, having dinner with Han Solo under such circumstances proved to be rather unnerving, especially with the thought that the preposterous elixir might just do enough to throw them into an unwanted conversation. After dessert, the staff disappeared leaving the two of them alone and awkwardly wondering what to do next.

Solo stood up. He needed to do something besides sitting around while the tension grew. The more he watched her, the more a strange feeling kept tugging at him.

?Well, how ?bout a walk around the grounds? I?d love to check this place out,? Han suggested.

?That sounds good. I wouldn?t mind walking off some of this rich food,? Leia agreed, easily taking his arm without realizing he didn?t exactly offer it.

With only a surreptitious glance at her hand grasping his bicep, Han led her out the side door and into the moonlit gardens. They wound along the flat stone path, breathing in the sweet delicate aroma of exotic flowers drifting in the warm night breeze. The gardens were an intricate maze of stone waterfalls, pools, and greenery, bursting with blooms of flowers everywhere. The inescapable romantic atmosphere spoke

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    That was just wonderful!!

24. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Oh, a cliffhanger! Nice move, Dexgirl. ;)

Of course, I already know what happens next. :D And I can assure everyone that it just gets BETTER AND BETTER!!!

Awesome post, my friend! :)

And hey, now that you have a billion dollars, how about you take me to lunch? ;)

25. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001

sara kenobi: thanks :)

the 'other' one: :)

ok, forget the billion bucks, I would really rather have some feedback. :D

So, what do you guys think about Leia? Will she or won't she? Will she or won't she?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.