main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Of Loyalty, Honor and Love - Syal/Soontir romance Updated 12/28 *The Wedding*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FelsGoddess, Feb 16, 2011.

1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Title: Of Loyalty, Honor and Love
    Author: FelsGoddess
    Timeframe: Spans many, many years
    Characters: Syal Antilles Fel, Soontir Fel
    Genre: romance
    Keywords: romance, family
    Summary: Syal Antilles ran away from home when she was 17 to become a holostar. Years later, she crossed paths with Soontir Fel, an Imperial pilot. That meeting changed their lives forever, placing them on a turbulent path that would test their loyalty and love.
    Notes: I?ve wanted to tell a story about Syal and Soontir for a year now. The pieces finally came together. This will be presented in two parts. The first part takes place from 14 BBY to 4 ABY. The second part takes place immediately after that and continues to current books. I will update this one to two times a week.

[b]Part One[/b]
    [b]14 BBY[/b]

The sun rose over the Corellian pasture. Sunbeams slowly warmed the landscape. The slight scent of saltwater wafted through the air. It was a spring morning like any other. Birds were chirping as they searched for breakfast and the sounds of the world awakening echoed through the landscape.

A young woman slipped out of her home, one bag thrown over her shoulder and two others in her hands. She wore a long brown cloak with the hood pulled over her blond hair. Her parents and little brother had left for their fueling station two hours ago. They wouldn?t return until the next morning.

Syal Antilles had said her private goodbyes during the night. She read a story to Wedge, kissed his forehead and waited for him to fall asleep. She left a long letter to her parents explaining why she was leaving and reassuring them that she loved them.

She flagged down a hovertaxi to take to the spaceport. She saved her credits for the past two years, working extra to make enough to leave.

The ride was both too short and too long. The anticipation of a possibly bright future fueled her impatience, while fear of leaving all she knew brought a case of nerves. There was no turning back, she knew. She paid the driver, and hurried to the transport preparing to leave. She handed over her boarding pass to the attendant at the gate.

?Welcome aboard, Ms. Starflare.?

[b]4 BBY[/b]
    The twinkling city lights of Coruscant streamed into the window of her bedroom. Syal Antilles- no Wynssa Starflare- ran a brush through her rich blond hair. She brushed out the kinks in her hair from her ornate hairstyle she wore earlier that evening. Her agent insisted she attend the party to meet many of the holo directors, not that she needed more exposure. The name Wynssa Starflare was known throughout the Empire. She rested her brush on the dressing table and began to remove her earrings. The brilliant sapphires contrasted with her light hair. The earrings matched a pendent necklace. The pieces coordinated perfectly with her silvery gown. The gown left one shoulder bare and hugged her curves perfectly. She looked like the personification of sophistication and beauty.

Years ago, she would have felt that she couldn?t look more beautiful. Now, it was just another dress, another set of jewels. As a teenager, she ached for a life of riches and glamour. She remembered running her fingers over the shimmersilk dresses in the Corellian shops in awe. Now her closet was filled with such items. Some items were rented or borrowed, but she owed many.

Wynssa picked up cleansing pad from the container on the table. She wiped away the makeup, smears of black, tan, pink and silver coating the pad. She tossed it into a waste bin by the table. With the simple removal of her ?face? and dress, she transformed from a famous star to a young Corellian woman.

She stood up, walked over to the bed and stared out of the window. It was when she was completely alone that she thought about her parents and brother. She often wondered what they were doing and how they were. She hoped they didn?t resent her or hate her for leaving. They had to know what she was doing. Plenty of her holos went to Corellia.

Wedge would be 17 now, the age she was when she ran away. She hoped he would stay. Wedge always enjoyed

2. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    This is going to be a fantastic story, and I love that it focuses on two of my favorites...and two of the least written characters. They're so powerful. I can't wait to read more. This was wonderful so far. PM's if you're doing them please? I've tried to keep up without them but I've found that I always worry I've missed something, so PM's make sure I don't.

3. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I am really really excited to read this story. Syal and Soontir are such fantastic characters and there really is so little written about them. I really wish they were more involved in profic. I mean, we still get Han and Leia but why can't we get Syal and Soontir? Not to mention that I was hoping the Holostar book was going to be about Wynnsa. Hmph.

Anyway, good work!

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great start! =D=

It's funny, just the other day I was wondering if there was a fic telling this story. I'll be following it closely.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful beginning. =D=

Syal/Soontir - very :cool:

6. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Very interested to see where this goes.

7. Lady_Jedi93

Lady_Jedi93 Jedi Knight star 4

May 11, 2010
    I've not seen many fics with these two and would like to read more very soon. :)

8. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Luna_Nightshade
    This is going to be a fantastic story, and I love that it focuses on two of my favorites...and two of the least written characters. They're so powerful. I can't wait to read more. This was wonderful so far. PM's if you're doing them please? I've tried to keep up without them but I've found that I always worry I've missed something, so PM's make sure I don't.
    I hope so. Sure, I can send you a PM. Thank you very much!

JediMara77
    I am really really excited to read this story. Syal and Soontir are such fantastic characters and there really is so little written about them. I really wish they were more involved in profic. I mean, we still get Han and Leia but why can't we get Syal and Soontir? Not to mention that I was hoping the Holostar book was going to be about Wynnsa. Hmph.
    Anyway, good work!

Hmph indeed. That would have been a great book. They're such good characters....
    Thank you!

Hazel
    It's funny, just the other day I was wondering if there was a fic telling this story. I'll be following it closely.
    Really? Ironic. :p Thank you for reading!

Jade_eyes
    Wonderful beginning. applause
    Syal/Soontir - very cool

Thank you!

ccp
    Very interested to see where this goes.

Thank you for reading. :)

Lady_Jedi93
    I've not seen many fics with these two and would like to read more very soon. happy

Thank you. :)

Update will be up in the next couple days. :)

9. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    2 BBY
    The final squadron of TIE Fighters flew into one of the hanger bays. To a casual observer, their landing was perfect. To the trained eye, however, almost each pilot committed a slight error. Only one TIE pilot completed the maneuver perfectly. The pilot, Soontir Fel of Corellia, climbed out of his cockpit, helmet tucked under one arm. Not a hair of his short black hair was out of place, nor was his flightsuit wrinkled. He appeared to be the poster boy for the Empire.

The group of pilots fell into ranks as they exited the hanger. The commander of the squadron, Major Larc, turned veered off to participate in the debriefing. The rest of the pilots went into their private quarters to shower and change. Around an hour later, most of the pilots, along with members of two other squadrons, had congregated in the pilots? lounge. Six pilots sat around a table playing a dice game. Others sat around the room, chatting or watching the game. The rest watched a large holoscreen that was turned to a news channel.

Soontir faced the screen with his arms crossed. The man standing next to him let out a low whistle as an advertisement for the new Wynssa Stareflare holofim, Lockout played. ?Makes you wonder where they make women like that.?

Soontir glared at the man?s disrespectful comment. Ensign Tam Renk ignored him. Soontir wasn?t surprised at the attitude. The Empire?s pro-human, pro-male agenda was commonly seen in the military ranks. Soontir didn?t agree with the view.

?Even you have to agree she?s a looker,? Renk stated.

Soontir tipped his head. There was no denying that. Wynssa Stareflare was one of the most beautiful women he?d ever seen on the holos. He wondered if she looked like that in person. Her blond hair framed her face perfectly. He wondered if felt as smooth as Alderaanian silk. Her blue eyes sparkled, but he didn?t know if that was natural or an effect of the camera lights.

?Captain Fel!? a voice called from the doorway.

Soontir turned abruptly and saluted. Lieutenant Colonel Teran Fehay entered the room. He handed Soontir a datacard as he said, ?You?ve been reassigned.?

?Thank you, sir,? he responded, giving another salute. After Fehay walked away from Soontir, he removed a datapad from his pocket. He inserted the disc to read it. It stated he was joining Admiral Winstel Greelanx?s forces in Hutt Space. It wasn?t a location he wanted to be in, but he wouldn?t protest. He was a soldier. He would do as ordered.

Soontir switched off the datapad and slipped it into his pocket. He left the lounge, eager to take on his new assignment. It was no secret that Admiral Greelanx was rather lax with the Hutts. Soontir have never had met a Hutt before. From what he heard, it wasn?t an enjoyable experience.

Packing took Soontir five minutes. He never kept much with him. All of his possessions had to fit into the duffle bag. According to the datacard, he was leaving in seven hours. He had enough time to sleep before leaving, something he was grateful. He planned to spend the voyage to Hutt space catching up on local news, information and other details that may prove important to his assignment.
    -------------------------------------
    The emergency sirens jarred Soontir awake. He rolled out of bed, snatched his flightsuit off the chair a foot away from the bed and dressed. He yanked on his boots. He was still pulling up the zipper as he ran out of the door.

Soontir had been a part of Greelanx?s group for three months. It?s been a non-stop cycle of sleeping and fighting. His break was coming soon, however. He?d received orders that morning that he was to command one of the admiral?s Dreadnaughts.
    Soontir scrambled up the ladder next to his TIE Fighter. He dropped into the cockpit and shoved on his helmet. One hand flipped on the power switches while the other the other secured the hoses on his helmet. The comforting sounds of the powerful twin ion engines starting up set him at ease.

?Lead green,? Soontir stated. ?Two??

The rest of the squadron announced their readiness. Upon receiving clearance, Soontir an

10. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Oh, I really enjoyed the two different stories. I already like the character you have for Soontir - dutiful and loyal to a T. Syal seems friendly and cheerful and reminds me of Sandra Bullock or some other popular actress. And I like her co-star, he's funny. :) Great start, can't wait to read more!

11. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Gonna keep us waiting for that first meeting huh. I like it can't wait to see more.

12. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    I really enjoy the two separate stories, Syal especially with how tough she is despite being looked at like an object by many people in the galaxy. Like how easily she manages to take care of it, though! Looking forward to their first meeting.

13. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Oh nice. I always wanted to know more about Syal Antilles Fel - and of course her husband, Soontir.

I like the touches of the characters - Syal's friendly cheerfulness, her reaction to the news about Gus Treta, her assumption that Wedge was dead... and Soontir's manners, and his wondering whether Wynssa actually looked the same in person.

Definitely going to be watching this one.

=D= Master.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh what a fun update! Soontir's musings on what Wynnsa/Syal is like in real life and Syal handling the papparazzi.

I read a series of splentabulous novels by Karen Kingsbury where the guy was the celebrity and the lady was the "ordinary" citizen -- ;) and how they navigate the pitfalls and ground their love and future is a wonderful journey indeed.

I know Soontir's and Syal's will be no less fraught and mushilicious.

:D

15. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    JediMara77
    Oh, I really enjoyed the two different stories. I already like the character you have for Soontir - dutiful and loyal to a T. Syal seems friendly and cheerful and reminds me of Sandra Bullock or some other popular actress. And I like her co-star, he's funny. happy Great start, can't wait to read more!
    Thank you! I wanted to give a taste of what they were like before they met. Her co-star will show-up again. ;)

ccp
    Gonna keep us waiting for that first meeting huh. I like it can't wait to see more.
    Yes. ;) It will be sooner rather than later. Thank you!

Luna_Nightshade

I really enjoy the two separate stories, Syal especially with how tough she is despite being looked at like an object by many people in the galaxy. Like how easily she manages to take care of it, though! Looking forward to their first meeting.
    Syal's must tougher than she appears. ;) Their first meeting will happen in a couple posts. Thank you!

Katana_Sundancer
    Oh nice. I always wanted to know more about Syal Antilles Fel - and of course her husband, Soontir.
    I like the touches of the characters - Syal's friendly cheerfulness, her reaction to the news about Gus Treta, her assumption that Wedge was dead... and Soontir's manners, and his wondering whether Wynssa actually looked the same in person.
    Definitely going to be watching this one.
    applause Master.

When she learns the truth about Wedge, she'd going to be in for a real shock. Thank you!

Jade_eyes
    Oh what a fun update! Soontir's musings on what Wynnsa/Syal is like in real life and Syal handling the papparazzi.
    I read a series of splentabulous novels by Karen Kingsbury where the guy was the celebrity and the lady was the "ordinary" citizen -- wink and how they navigate the pitfalls and ground their love and future is a wonderful journey indeed.
    I know Soontir's and Syal's will be no less fraught and mushilicious.

There will be plenty of mush coming. ;) They're such an underused couple. Thank you!

16. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    0 ABY
    Laughter echoed through the spacious Coruscanti apartment. Wynssa and several of her friends were seated around the living room. Selena Kaartinen, another actress, was describing her latest encounter with the notorious musician Cort Sobusk.

?Selena, you can?t possibly be serious about him,? Swa-Lu Mallix, a Twi?Lek accountant commented. She was a friend of Wynssa?s agent. The two met and formed a fast bond. ?The man is always on the news for some random degrading escapade.?

Selena waved off her comment as she responded, ?I know the truth and that?s all that matters.?

Wynssa gave her a pointed look, but didn?t say anything. Selena and Cort were constantly breaking up and getting back together. Personally, she believed that they lived for the controversy. Wynssa glance around at the other people in the room. Sitting next to her on the couch was Myra Lyn, a theater actress.

?I heard the Emperor dismissed the Senate,? Myra stated, changing the subject.

The atmosphere in the room turned uneasy. Swa-Lu?s eyes narrowed in anger, ?No doubt to control the people even more.?

Selena cast her eyes to her hands. She was a steadfast supporter of the Empire. Her father worked for the Emperor?s private office. He acted as an intermediary between the Moff Council and the Emperor. That her reputation and exploits didn?t harm her father?s standing said something about how close he was the true government. While all the women in the room cared deeply for Selena, they all knew telling her about their political opinions could end in disaster. It wasn?t that she would tell by choice, but an offhand comment or forced revelation spelled death or worse.

In an effort to avoid a heated confrontation, Wynssa stood and said, ?Let me refill your drinks. Selena? Do you mind helping??

?Of course,? Selena responded as she stood up. The two women gathered the glasses. She followed Wynssa to the kitchen.

?So when is Cort coming back to the planet?? Wynssa asked as she handed Selena a wine bottle from the cooler. She reached into one of the cabinets to pull out a package of crackers and fruit.

A shrill, heart-wrenching scream echoed through the apartment. Selena and Wynssa left the food and drinks on the counters and raced back into the main room. Myra was crumpled on the floor, hands gripping her hair as if she was trying to rip it out. Swa-Lu was seated next to her, rubbing her back. She looked back at Wynssa and Selena worriedly. She gestured to the muted holoscreen. Words were scrolling across the bottom stating that Alderaan had been destroyed.

?Oh Myra,? Wynssa cried as she sank next to the woman. She couldn?t believe that an entire planet was gone. Who had the power and ability to destroy an entire planet? What type of monster could do such an act? She couldn?t focus on her fears. Her friend needed her. Myra clutched her hands. Her brown eyes were already red with tears and her cheeks were wet. She cried out, voice cracking, ?They?re dead.?

Swa-Lu shifted away from the distraught woman. Wynssa took her place. Myra was from Alderaan. One of the most prominent theater companies in the Empire had invited her to perform in a series of plays on Coruscant. Myra left Alderaan two weeks ago; her husband and two small children stayed. There was no reason for them to be off-planet when the destruction occurred. Myra piloted the family shuttle to Coruscant. She?d spoken to them last night.

?Help me,? Wynssa hissed to Selena and Swa-Lu. Together they helped Myra stand. Selena let go of her to turn off the holo feed. Wynssa and Swa-Lu led Myra into the guest bedroom. She helped her sit down, not that Myra protested. She merely stared at her hands, eyes unseeing. Selena gently pushed her down on the bed. Swa-Lu slipped out of the room. She returned a couple minutes later with a cup of tea.

?Drink this Myra,? she said quietly. Myra glared at her with a look of disdain. She drank, though. Her eyes began to droop halfway through the cup. Selena pushed her back on the bed as she drifted asleep.

Wynssa eyed Swa-Lu, but didn?t say any

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A great update =D= =D= full of gal-pal fun at the start :D which quickly transformed into tragedy and loss.

Very poignant and moving working in of the events of ANH and making them personal @};- Poor Myra!!!!!

:mad: That is definitely the question: what kind of vicious, unspeakable fiend can destroy a planetful of innocents? :_|

18. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    You know I've been meaning to sit down and do more replies...

but can I say...

YAY!!!!! a Syal/Soontir story!!! And how they meet and everything!

I love the corresponding perspectives and that last post was a doozy. Especially from a POV that wasn't from someone in the movie!

Great job Fels!

19. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    This is fantastic. Loved the ANH connections.

Can't wait to see how Syal and Soontir meet.

20. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    The connection between Myra and Alderaan was heartbreaking, and the fact that she is pregnant was just so sad. Beautiful humanization of these events. Great update.

21. Lady_Jedi93

Lady_Jedi93 Jedi Knight star 4

May 11, 2010
    That chapter was sad :_| But I'm very much looking forward to the meeting :D

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    How heartbreaking to find out that your family is gone.

I hope Myra will be alright with her new baby.

Can't wait for the Syal/Soontir meet.

23. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    A great update applause applause full of gal-pal fun at the start grin which quickly transformed into tragedy and loss.
    Very poignant and moving working in of the events of ANH and making them personal rose Poor Myra!!!!!
    angry That is definitely the question: what kind of vicious, unspeakable fiend can destroy a planetful of innocents? cry

I thought that showing the effect of Alderaan in a more personal light would help with later events. Thank you!

Master_Jaina1011
    You know I've been meaning to sit down and do more replies...
    but can I say...
    YAY!!!!! a Syal/Soontir story!!! And how they meet and everything!
    I love the corresponding perspectives and that last post was a doozy. Especially from a POV that wasn't from someone in the movie!
    Great job Fels!

Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it.

JediMara77

This is fantastic. Loved the ANH connections.
    Can't wait to see how Syal and Soontir meet.

It's written out. After an edit, it will be up. ;) Thank you!

Luna_Nightshade
    The connection between Myra and Alderaan was heartbreaking, and the fact that she is pregnant was just so sad. Beautiful humanization of these events. Great update.

When watching the movie, it's easy to forget connections like that. I like pulling small stories out like that. Thank you very much!

Lady_Jedi93
    That chapter was sad cry But I'm very much looking forward to the meeting grin
    It's going to be fun. Thank you!

Hazel
    How heartbreaking to find out that your family is gone.
    I hope Myra will be alright with her new baby.

Her future will be rough, but she'll make it.

Can't wait for the Syal/Soontir meet.

Next update. Thank you!

24. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    :_| :_| :_| :_|

Woobie Myra!

Very well written, very poignant.

Nicely (but oh so sadly) done.

25. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004