main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Of Loyalty, Honor and Love - Syal/Soontir romance Updated 12/28 *The Wedding*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FelsGoddess, Feb 16, 2011.

1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Excellent post and poor Wynnsa stuck between politics, family, and a romantic interest. thinking
    And it's only going to become more difficult for her.

Am glad the two of them have been able to have more times together before she leaves for how ever long grin

Yes indeed. Thank you. :)

Hazel
    I completely understand Wynssa's feelings regarding Wedge and Soontir and I think she's completely right. It does make me wonder if and when did she reveal the truth about her family to Soontir.
    Soontir talks about when she told him about Wedge in one of the X-Wing comics. I can't remember which one off the top of my head.

It's great that they found an extra time to be together before she left.

Thank you for reading!

JediMara77
    Really liked seeing Syal learn that Wedge was still alive. Their story is so sad.
    It'll appear more later on as things become more complicated. It really is. :( Thank you for reading.

Luna_Nightshade
    I'm glad to see Wynssa trying to deal with how complicated her position is, with family in the Rebellion and people she loves in the Empire. I'm also glad that Myra is going to take some time off for her pregnancy--she needs to have some time to herself to process things. Lovely update showing how complicated everything is!
    The issues with Wedge will play a large part later on. Thank you!

Katana_Sundancer
    Lovely. Love the chemistry between the two.
    They're lots of fun. :D

Ouch. That's a hell of a way to find out that your baby brother is, in fact, alive.
    Wonderful updates, Master!

Yeah, though better than thinking he's dead. Thank you!

2. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Thank you to Jade_eyes for giving this a look over. @};-

Twinkling lights and quaint benches lined the paths leading up to the main square of Hyde Park. Venders called out to passerbys, trying to sell their wares. Soontir eyed the various stands as he walked towards the square to find Wynssa and her friends. Some of the stands were decorated in vibrant colors, while others were tamer on the eyes. Soontir noticed that there weren?t any stands catered to non-humans, unlike Treasure Ship Row on Corellia or other trade areas around the galaxy.

?Hey, Major!? Nat?s voice called. Soontir turned to face him. Nat was standing by a light post, holding an odd-looking hat. Given Nat?s game he played with the press, Soontir wasn?t surprised. He walked over to the man and said, ?Find another monstrosity??

?Well, you won?t let me borrow one of your Navy pieces,? Nat shot back wryly. ?The ladies are over there, looking at some handmade baby toys or something.?
    ?Or something,? Soontir commented. He could see Myra and Wynssa talking to a man selling small wire sculptures. Wynssa smiled at the man, and then she and Myra walked towards Soontir and Nat.

??Tir!? Wynssa called happily as she kissed him softly.

?Come on, you two,? Myra stated. ?I smell smoked nerf steaks and some kind of fried sweet dough. You can do that later.?

Wynssa rolled her eyes as she said, ?You are completely taking advantage of being pregnant.?

?It?s my biological right,? Myra said with a smirk.

Nat offered Myra his arm, ?Walk with me, my dear. Let?s leave these two to their own devices.?

Myra let out a sharp laugh, ?How gallant of you, Nat.?

Wynssa chuckled as she watched Myra lead Nat towards the cluster of food stands nearby. She rested her hand on Soontir?s arm and smiled at him as she said, ?I?m glad you could make it.?

?I?ll take advantage of every opportunity provided,? he said, brushing a loose strand of hair out of her face. ?Are you still heading out at the end of the week??

?Mhm,? Wynssa answered with a nod. She rested her cheek against his chest.

?How is Myra?? Soontir asked quietly.

Wynssa sighed, ?She puts on a cheerful façade most of the time. She?s still frequenting my place. I asked her to keep an eye on it while I?m gone. I hope she?ll be okay.?
    ?This is you and Nat?s what, tenth movie together??

?Seventh.?

?Oh.?

?She has other friends, of course, but every since Alderaan, Selena?s practically disappeared. The last time I saw her, she told me she was leaving the planet to move in with her sister. Something must have happened. I haven?t seen her father around, either. Either he was reassigned or?? Wynssa explained, voice trailing off. She didn?t need to explain. It was known around the social circles of Coruscant that when someone displeased the Emperor too much, he was usually disposed of. She continued after a moment, ?Swa-Lu left for?another position.?

Soontir glanced around to see if anyone had heard her. It sounded like Swa-Lu left to join the Rebels. He didn?t add anything, not wanting to upset Wynssa. While both of them supported the Empire, sometimes Soontir wondered if Wynssa held doubts. He often wondered what the everyday citizen thought about the Empire and Palpatine. The destruction of Alderaan had revealed more dissent on some of the other planets, but the shouts were murmurs on Coruscant.

?She?ll be okay. She still has her performances, correct?? he said to reassure her.

?Yes,? Wynssa said. She took his hand, ?Come on, let?s go eat something. You have to be hungry after training all day.?
    ---------------------------------
    ?So we were running around the set, floor covered in fake vines and logs. Wynssa and I had to run through it and jump through the river. The pipes were spewing water down in sheets. Wynssa here ran through the vines and made her way through the river. She landed in a crouch, splattering water all over our prissy producer,? Nat was saying, waving a wooden skewer with one hand. They were sitting around a metal table with a smooth green tabletop. The metal on the legs

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Exciting stuff there at the park. Funny story, but I'll bet Nat was glad it was interrupted ;)

4. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Great chapter! I wonder what was going on in the park. It seems like the Empire isn't as stable as people once thought.

5. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Soontir, you are so hooked!

Poor Myra. I feel so bad for her.

And yes, Soontir, the Rebels can in fact touch Coruscant. They will get their little paws all over it... thanks in large part to your brother-in-law. heheh

6. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Romance in the middle of what looked a bit like a terrorist act. That's quite a juxtaposition there. I love how much closer they're getting to each other, though, and how they're looking out for Myra. Lovely update!

7. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    Exciting stuff there at the park. Funny story, but I'll bet Nat was glad it was interrupted wink
    Probably. :p Thanks!

JediMara77

Great chapter! I wonder what was going on in the park. It seems like the Empire isn't as stable as people once thought.
    No, it's not. Thank you!

Katana_Sundancer
    Soontir, you are so hooked!
    He so is. [face_mischief]

Poor Myra. I feel so bad for her.
    And yes, Soontir, the Rebels can in fact touch Coruscant. They will get their little paws all over it... thanks in large part to your brother-in-law. heheh

Wait until he finds out that little gem of information. Thank you!

Luna_Nightshade
    Romance in the middle of what looked a bit like a terrorist act. That's quite a juxtaposition there. I love how much closer they're getting to each other, though, and how they're looking out for Myra. Lovely update!
    Indeed. What is going on between the Empire and Rebels is edging in on their relationship. Thank you!

8. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    The tang of the saltwater hung in the air as a mild wind blew in from the ocean. Members of the cast and crew of Captain Luci and the Sky Bandit walked along the shore. Filming would start again soon. Everyone was taking advantage of the brief break to relax. They?d been pushing to finish the location shooting early to try to come closer to budget. The studio was pushing hard on the producers and director to finish it.

Wynssa sat on a dock, dangling her legs over the edge. She wore a simple robe over the body suit portion of her costume. Her hair flew loose and curled behind her. It was dyed red with honey-gold streaks through it. She closed her eyes as she took in a breath. It was the first time she?d been able to relax in two weeks. This was one of the most demanding films she?d done.

She felt the dock shake slightly as someone walked up behind her. She glanced over her shoulder as Nat plopped down next to her and said, ?Dozing off??

?Pardon??

?You?re spacing out,? he said with a vague wave. ?Ready for this afternoon??

?I suppose,? she said slowly. ?Sari has a more taxing scene than anyone else.?

?True. She looked pretty good during practice,? Nat commented with a slight grin.

Wynssa rolled her eyes, ?Now Nat, you know better than messing around with co-stars.?

?I didn?t do anything!? he stated defensively. ?She?s just fun to work with.?

?Uh huh,? Wynssa commented dryly. Many relationships started on the set ended in ruin. The romances were usually rushed and filled with stress. She didn?t want to see it happen to Nat. She considered him her closest friend, next to Soontir, of course. However, Soontir was something more?

?It?d give people something to talk about instead of Myra and I,? Nat mumbled lightly.

Wynssa gave him a sympathetic smile. As they expected, the celebrity tabloids speculated that he was involved with Myra. It didn?t matter how many times they had denied it the speculation didn?t stop. She said, ?It bothers you.?

Nat ran a hand through his hair currently white-blond as he sighed, ?Sometimes. Sometimes I wonder if she?s using me as a crutch.?

Wynssa pressed her lips into a thin line. The same thought had crossed her mind several times. She said quietly, ?We can?t just abandon her.?

?No, but she had to learn to live for herself.?

?I know,? Wynssa said with a sigh. ?Sometimes I wonder if she?d be better off leaving Coruscant.?

?She wants to join,? Nat said quietly.

?What about her baby??

Nat shrugged, ?I have no idea. I think part of her resents the child.?

?She?s not a fighter. She?ll get herself killed.?

?I know.?

?The other Alderaanians left the planet, I heard,? Wynssa commented. Many of the business owners on Coruscant had pulled up their operations and slipped out.

?Do you think a war is coming?? Nat asked quietly.

Wynssa shrugged, ?If it is, then the Emperor must be prepared.?

?Have you met him before??

Wynssa shuddered. A year ago, she?d been introduced to Palpatine with some other holostars. His sickly yellow eyes seemed to eat at her soul. It was as if he was a black hole, sucking the life from the room with a mere glance. His skin behind his hood was greenish and diseased. He looked like death walking. His concubines followed him, their eyes lowered. Wynssa couldn?t imagine a more horrible fate, though she?d heard that many of the women wanted it.

?Yes, it was horrible,? she mumbled, trying to banish the memory. ?Have you??

?No,? he responded. He flicked a piece of grass off his pants leg. ?Looks like we are ready to start.?

?Looks like it,? Wynssa said. She could see the director?s aids trying to gather everyone back on set. ?I suppose we should head over to wardrobe.?

Nat stood up, and then held his hand out for Wynssa. She accepted it and stood. She smiled at him gratefully and said, ?Off with you. Your makeup artist is ready to douse you in black powder.?

Nat chuckled, ?Better than the soot used on us in on Borelais. I was cleaning that out of my datapad for a month.?

Wynssa let out a sharp laugh as she followed him to the set. She remembere

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Good way to show the hardships of both lines of work.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful convo between Nat and Wynnsa. Shows their friendship nicely. Is he so sure there's nothing there with Myra? ;)

Whew! Wynnsa's impressions of the Emperor -- and his concubines -- [face_sick] :p

Hmmm.

Nice contrast in the second scene with Soontir's focus on his job and naturally his sense of loyalty has not been disillusioned or dented. [face_thinking]

He has noticed though Wynn's reticence about her family; and though it does have something to do with privacy for them, it's not just based on her public spotlight career, but the fact that Wedge is [face_shhh] on the other side

I can only hope that he and Wynn's relationship is at a stage and strong enough to weather all the revelations to come.

11. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Loved seeing the lives Syal and Soontir have in the Empire, and their individual concerns. It is great to see the situation from Soontir's point of view, too. I love the concern about Myra--she is in a very difficult place, and I think it would upset her more to leave Syal and live on her own right now. Great update!

12. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Really liked the Nat and Wynnsa scene! Nat is such a fun character. Interesting to see Soontir at work - really makes me wish for a TIE fighter series!

13. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Hey, I wanted just to jump in and say that I really enjoyed your fic. Syal and Soontir are my favorite SW couple (as you can judge from my icon). Great job! =D=

14. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Hazel
    Good way to show the hardships of both lines of work.

Thank you!

Jade_eyes
    Wonderful convo between Nat and Wynnsa. Shows their friendship nicely. Is he so sure there's nothing there with Myra? wink
    We shall see. ;)

Whew! Wynnsa's impressions of the Emperor -- and his concubines -- sick tongue
    Creepy for sure!

Nice contrast in the second scene with Soontir's focus on his job and naturally his sense of loyalty has not been disillusioned or dented. thinking
    He has noticed though Wynn's reticence about her family; and though it does have something to do with privacy for them, it's not just based on her public spotlight career, but the fact that Wedge is shhh on the other side
    I can only hope that he and Wynn's relationship is at a stage and strong enough to weather all the revelations to come.

He'll learn the truth sooner rather than later. Thank you!

Luna_Nightshade
    Loved seeing the lives Syal and Soontir have in the Empire, and their individual concerns. It is great to see the situation from Soontir's point of view, too. I love the concern about Myra--she is in a very difficult place, and I think it would upset her more to leave Syal and live on her own right now. Great update!
    I'm hoping to show the view from both characters throughout this. It would be difficult for Myra, that's for sure! Thank you. :)

JediMara77
    Really liked the Nat and Wynnsa scene! Nat is such a fun character. Interesting to see Soontir at work - really makes me wish for a TIE fighter series!

Ooo, that would be a fun series! Thanks!

TheAdmiral
    Hey, I wanted just to jump in and say that I really enjoyed your fic. Syal and Soontir are my favorite SW couple (as you can judge from my icon). Great job! applause
    Thank you very much!

15. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Thanks to Jade-eyes for her beta skills! @};-
    ---------

?You look a dance ball.? Nat commented, gesturing to Wynnsa?s elaborate hairstyle and glittering dress.

Wynssa glared at Nat while one of the stylists adjusted her large, silver orchid hairpin. She flicked her fingers at him as she said, ?No one asked you. Why are you here, anyway??

?We?re on in three minutes,? Nat answered, leaning against the doorframe of the dressing room. He was wearing a black suit with a bright orange tie. Unwilling to risk losing his spot on the ?worst-dressed? list, he paired the tie ensemble with chartreuse green boots.

The stylist warned Wynssa as she stepped away from her, ?Everything is taped and pinned but don?t do anything too rough.?

?Oh we won?t,? Nat said with a grin as he handed Wynssa a piece of flimsi. ?Remind me why we are here again??

?Oh you love it,? she said with a laugh. They were presenting a directing award for the Coruscanti Entertainment Society. Their agents set it up to help promote the release of their next movie. Captain Luci was undergoing the finishing touches. It would be a few months before release, but the production company wanted to start promotion early.

Wynssa hadn?t seen Soontir in three months. A few days before she was to return to Coruscant, Soontir sent her a message stating the Empire sent him on an assignment. He couldn?t tell her where he was going or what he was doing. She understood, of course, but it left her feeling unsettled. She knew how many TIE pilots died. The mere thought that Soontir could be killed caused her grief. She sometimes wondered if their relationship was moving too quickly. She loved him; she had no doubts about that. She trusted him more than she trusted anyone else, even Nat. She couldn?t tell him the truth about her family, though. Sometimes she wished she could at least tell him her real first name. Even if the day came that she could tell Soontir, she knew he?d be angry that she had kept the information from him. How could he not?

?Hey, we?re up,? Nat hissed. ?Make sure everything?s in there.?

Wyn swatted at him. The neckline of her silver dress plunged slightly. The skirt portion of the dress hung to her knees. The silver fabric of the dress was covered with layers of silvery glittery cloth strips. She checked her straps to make sure the tape was secure. Her strap had snapped 10 minutes ago.

The presentation and ceremony was a blur. Wynssa congratulated the nominees and winners, shook hands and did interviews. The event wasn?t like the previous ones she?d attended. There was a tangible tension in the air. Wynssa heard the occasional murmur about the Empire?s short-comings.

How could a small group of Rebels manage to stay alive after destroying the Death Star?

My nephew was devastated when the Death Star was destroyed! His unit was in-route for duty. He?s sworn to kill that scum. I just wish I knew who made the killing shot. I?d kill him myself!

Did you hear that the senator from Chandrilla was found dead yesterday?

My sister?s profession disappeared last week. He was teaching pro-alien propaganda.

What do those Rebels think they are doing? Aliens are sub-human!

Wynssa glanced around nervously. She slipped out of the main reception area, eager to distance herself from the chattering. She didn?t know how she felt about the Empire. It was normal to disagree with something a government did, she thought. Treating aliens as inferior life forms and enslaving them was wrong. Destroying whole planets was inexcusable. Did that mean that the entire institution was evil? Many of the senators and military she?d met were honorable, no more so than Soontir.

And what about Wedge? He was trying to bring down the Empire. Was he wrong? Wynssa wondered what made her brother decide to join the Rebel Alliance. The Empire?s propaganda against the Rebel Alliance was clearly skewed. What was the truth?

?Wynssa!? Nat shouted. He jogged over to her. ?There you are.?

?Was someone looking for me??

?Yeah, me,? Nat stated. He took her arm, ?Co

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I know Wynn's a stunner in that dress. :cool: This really shows her difficult situation, having someone she cares about on each side of a conflict. [face_thinking] :(

I can really tell the keeping secrets from Soontir, although there's good reason for it, is a hard choice.

But what a nice! surprise there at the end. :D

17. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Another great update! I really enjoy the realism in each part! Bravo! =D=

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Poor Wynssa, being torn in two opposite directions is not a pleasant experience.

Great surprise there :D.

19. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Sorry double post...

20. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Nat is hysterical. [face_laugh] You do a good job with showing Wynnsa's split loyalties. It's gotta be hard, knowing her boyfriend and brother could be facing off against each other at any time.

21. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Soontir's back!

I love how she's seeing both sides of the conflict, especially the propaganda portions of it.

Looking forward to seeing their reunion! Great update.

22. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Jade_eyes
    I know Wynn's a stunner in that dress. cool This really shows her difficult situation, having someone she cares about on each side of a conflict. thinking sad
    I can really tell the keeping secrets from Soontir, although there's good reason for it, is a hard choice.
    But what a nice! surprise there at the end. grin

There's no way for her to improve the situation either. She just has to live with it. Thank you!

TheAdmiral

Another great update! I really enjoy the realism in each part! Bravo! applause
    Thank you very much! Oddly enough, pulling in more realistic emotions is easier in this story than some others I've written.

Hazel

Poor Wynssa, being torn in two opposite directions is not a pleasant experience.
    Great surprise there grin .

No it's not. And more surprises are coming. [face_whistling] Thanks for reading!

JediMara77

Nat is hysterical. laugh You do a good job with showing Wynnsa's split loyalties. It's gotta be hard, knowing her boyfriend and brother could be facing off against each other at any time.
    Nat's become one my favorite OCs. Thank you for reading!

Luna_Nightshade

Soontir's back!
    I love how she's seeing both sides of the conflict, especially the propaganda portions of it.
    Looking forward to seeing their reunion! Great update.

It'd be hard for many people not to see between the lines. Oh, their reunion will be great. :D Thanks!

23. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    There was something beautiful about the skyline of Coruscant. Many beings ranted about how there was no greenery, no nature, but Syal found the imagery beautiful. The entire planet was full of life. Beings of hundreds of species carried out their day-to-day activities. How anyone could consider the planet a lifeless mass, she didn?t know. She couldn?t deny the love of the sea, but she reveled in the living atmosphere.

Syal leaned against Soontir?s chest as they stood on the balcony attached to her apartment.

After Syal arrived back home, Myra and Nat slipped out to leave the two lovers alone. Syal was positive that her friends knew about Soontir?s return. It was sweet of him to surprise her. She hadn?t realized how much she missed him until she saw him again.

?Do you know when your next shoot is?? Soontir asked quietly, trailing his fingers down her upper arm.

?Not for awhile, thankfully. I signed on for that holo, the one with the kidnapper, but it doesn?t start production for a few more months,? Syal told him. ?It?d be impossible to cram in a shoot while working on promotional material.?

?You never seem to stop,? Soontir chuckled.

Syal frowned slightly. She felt like she had to succeed in stardom; she?d sacrificed her family for it. He didn?t know that, of course. ?It?s necessary in this industry.?

Soontir turned her to face him. He took her hands in his. He swallowed hard, betraying his apprehension. He asked cautiously, ?I have some leave coming up.?

Syal eyed him suspiciously, ?Shouldn?t you have several weeks built up already? You never take time off.?

?Actually,? Soontir said, voice growing stronger, ?I?ve been saving it up for a special occasion.? Soontir smiled softly at her as he asked, ?Wynssa, will you marry me??
    --------------------------------
    Sweat threatened to break out on Soontir?s brow as he waited for her answer. He could see fear and doubt in her eyes. He?d asked her too soon, he knew it. He?d rushed the relationship. He should have waited another year, even another six months!

??Tir,? she said softly as she stepped away from him. ?I love you and want nothing more than to marry you, but there are things about me you don?t know that will rip us apart.?

?Wynssa, there?s nothing that you could tell me that would make me stop loving you,? Soontir insisted, refusing to give up.

?That?s the first. My name?s not Wynssa Starflare,? she whispered.

Soontir wasn?t overly surprised at the revelation. It stung that she hadn?t told him her real name, but he could let it go easily enough. So many stars used pseudonyms. ?What is it??

Wynssa stepped away from him. She blinked a few times before stating, ?It?s Syal?Antilles.?

Soontir frowned. Antilles?it sounded familiar, but he couldn?t place it.

?My brother is Wedge Antilles, a pilot in the Rebel Alliance,? she stated. ?I don?t know where he is. I haven?t seen him in years.?

Soontir gaped at her, ?Your brother is a rebel pilot??

Syal nodded sadly, ?Yes, I understand if you want to walk out right now. I won?t stop you.?

?Wyn- Syal,? he corrected as he stepped closer to her. It would take awhile to break that habit in private. He touched her cheek with his hand, ?I?m not going anywhere.?

?I lied to you, Soontir,? she exclaimed.

?It doesn?t matter,? Soontir said. ?You lied to protect your brother. I understand that.?

?It?s more than that, Soontir,? Syal said. She turned away from him and walked back into the apartment. He followed her inside, wondering what else she was going to say.

He didn?t care what her brother was doing with his life. He knew of a few Imperials whose relatives supported the Rebels. It didn?t change his opinion of them. She motioned for him to sit down as she began to speak, ?When I was 17, I ran away from home to become an actress. My parents, Zena and Jagged, owned a fueling station. Almost five years ago, they were killed when a criminal didn?t follow release protocols. I thought Wedge was dead, too, until I saw his face on a broadcast.?

Syal began to pace. She swiped her left hand over her cheek,

24. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    So now Soontir knows. Looking forward to seeing the wedding! I bet it'll be better than William and Kate's. :D

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh yes this was scrumptious and squeelicious! =D= :D Soontir's reaction -- sweetness!

Her honesty -- @};-

The warmth and level of trust and openness between them bodes well for them. :D :)