main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Of Pilots and Jedi (post-Rebirth Jaina/Jag)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, people, some of you wanted a teaser for the sequel to this story. If you don't want it, well, stop reading. :)

Note: This is dropped in the middle of a scene.

The princess sat calmly in a corner of the room, braiding her long black hair. Jacen tried to read something, anything off her, but he couldn't get past the kilometers of blocks she'd set up around herself. She's got to be Force-sensitive, Jacen thought.

With her black curls out of her face, Princess Nadia seemed less like a princess and more like a fighter. However, he soon turned his attention away from her, since she didn't seem disposed to talk.

After a while, Jacen began to get annoyed at the diplomats' long absence. He didn't normally like to be treated like a Solo, but neither was he used to being ignored like this. As he pondered the protocol for responding to such treatment, he noticed that the princess was standing on a chair opening a window.

"What are you doing?" he asked, a little patronizingly.

"I'm getting out of here before they get back," she responded, her voice condescending to match his patronizing.

"Your Highness," he replied, irritated, "they're letting us go. We don't have to escape."

She looked down. "Tell me, Solo, are all the Jedi as arrogantly and willfully ignorant as you?"

Jacen glared at her. "Listen, Princess, I'm not here to listen to you insult me and the Jedi Order-"

She stepped off the chair. "Solo, do you know the state of the Alerian economy?"

He was surprised by the sudden change of subject. "It fell shortly after the monarchs were executed."

"Precisely. There's nothing left in the treasury."

"What does this have to do with anything?"

"So a Jedi waltzes on to the planet to remove the princess. Not just any Jedi, the Jedi who carries the highest bounty in history on his head. Now, they need credits. They've already proven that they have no scruples when it comes to murder. What do you think they're going to do when they get back?"

Jacen was astonished that he hadn't thought of it before. "Somehow, I don't want to be around to find out."

"Good answer, Solo. You're learning. We have two options, though. We can walk out that door behind you and meet whatever is out there, or we can use this window as an exit."

Jacen didn't have to think about it. "Window."

A few moments later, they were outside in the rain. I wonder if this is anything like how my parents' relationship started out...

Tease, tease, tease, tease...

Okay, now you have something to look forward to when "Of Pilots and Jedi" is done!

By the way, suggestions for a title are welcome!

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    oooh, a teaser. written twice in a very short time. and good too to top it off

3. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, the second time took all of ten minutes, R...J.

4. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    You didn't start writing the next post yet?!?! :( :(

5. LeiaSkywalker

LeiaSkywalker Jedi Master star 3

Mar 31, 2001
    I loved it! And I'm a great fan of Jacen by the way! :D

6. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    I've started the next post, but it's nowhere near ready. It may be Monday or later before it's up, since I move Sunday.

7. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
  8. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, it'll be kind of hard to type Sunday in the car, and tomorrow, I plan on doing all the stuff I should have done earlier and posted multiple times a day instead. But don't worry, there will be more coming.

In fact, I'd appreciate it if all of you would keep this out of the basement while I'm pseudo-away. Thank you!

9. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    i'll try to up it regularly
    (as if I didnt already) ;)

10. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    on last up for the sake of it tonight

11. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    ooooh. good addition to the story. A-hem, Jag, i'm sure you are clearing your throat and standing to attention with Han coming towards you. He knows all about your kind, oh yeah. thought you were there to guard his daughter... uh-huh.

and what a great teaser. can't wait to read the whole story. the princess seems very level-headed, exactly what Jacen needs.

Title: Of ______ and a Princess
    or

Caution: Royalty runs in the family

Will try to think of some others.

12. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    loved it.I think Jacen is prbably one of the characters I like best.

13. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Actually, I thought of a title.

"History Repeats Itself"

I'd thought about having the title similar to the title of this one, but I can't get anything to really sound right. If anyone thinks the title above is too corny, please, say something. And preferably make a suggestion while you're at it!

:D

14. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    YOu coulda titled it "Of crowns and lighstabers" ;)

OOoo I can't wait for the sequel! Jacen and his princess, so cute! :D

15. GirlJedi

Nov 10, 2000
    my titles are a bit convoluted.
    "Rescuing Princesses runs in the family"

"This is some rescue"

"Of Philosophy and a Princess"

16. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I like "History Repeats Itself" and "Of Crowns and Lightsabers" best, personally

17. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    I like Padawan Lunetta and your titles.

18. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    How 'bout "Like father, Like Son". :)

Great teaser.

19. GirlJedi

Nov 10, 2000
    where's the next installment? can't take the weekend off, your audience needs you.

Cool how Leia and Han's kiss scene elements were interwoven, but I like how Jaina has her own individual "first-time-Jag-and-I-kissed" moment.

20. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, I have to take the weekend off. I move tomorrow and I still have stuff to do.

I will try (that being the operative word) to get something up by Tuesday, but I make no promises. Besides, at the moment I know where I'm ending things, but the next post is stumping me. Hopefully a few days off will help. :D

Please remain loyal, and up this occasionally!

21. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    no ending without a sequel allowed. hope to see more story by monday, which was the date you said before, and i'm holding you to that.

22. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    R...J, there will be a sequel. You can bet your bottom dollar on that. (Oh, no, I'm quoting Annie, the musical I hate...)

In fact, I'm thinking there will be a trilogy of Solo stories (one on each kid, how creative) and then I'll probably write a true sequel to this one after a while. The problem is that I get bored with writing the same characters for long periods. Therefore, I'll move on to Jacen, then Anakin, then come back to Jaina after a while. My writing will be better if I do that. Does that make sense?

23. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    sure, as long as you keep posting.

24. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Sounds groovy. The stories great so far, by the way. So, Monday-ish for then next post? Sounds good to me! :D

JediFarfy

25. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    I found this story while I was bored looking around on the boards (no pun intended), and I like it! Melyanna, this is a great story! I think the Jacen sequel would be cool, and "History Repeats Itself" sounds like an okay title. I'm working on a NJO-era story, which is proving to be difficult.

Keep up the great work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.