main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Pilots and Jedi (post-Rebirth Jaina/Jag)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
  2. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    Make it "Return of History"...you know, with the SW Title debate. :)

UP!

3. Orion_Star

Orion_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    Hi. I'm back. UP!

4. Darth_Mary_Sue

Darth_Mary_Sue Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2001
    Hi, I've recently discovered this fic and am greatly enjoying it.

A suggestion: base Jacen's princess on Zhang Ziyi! (Quick, everybody go rent "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.") A real kick-a** gal is just what our little navel-gazer needs. Although he is learning: "Window." [face_laugh]

5. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    History Repeats Itself - a good title.

A trio of stories for each kid. Sounds good, if they're like what you've written here.

Keeping this story UP.

6. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    We need a post!!! :(

7. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Yes, we need more post, and soon... I'm getting Jag withdrawal!

8. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Hey everybody, there is a poll over in the lit forum asking who Jaina should be with. Kyp and Jag are actually running neck to neck so if you want help our favorite guy out, go vote for him.

9. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hi, everybody!

You'll all be happy to know that I've successfully moved into my dorm and my account on the university network is working. However, I don't have a post ready now, but I should have one ready tomorrow morning. I've worked out the next post in my head, so I just need to type it. :D

Anyway, I know you're all sitting on the edges of your seats in anxious anticipation...well, probably not. Thanks for the ups and the title suggestions.

I'm going to go see if any of you (namely Sticks, js2k1, or wompster) have posted updates since Saturday night. Till tomorrow!

:D

10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Oooooh, a post tomorrow! YAY! :D

11. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I'll be waiting.

12. RogueMonCalamari

RogueMonCalamari Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2001
    I just caught up with this fanfic... it's amazing. wonderful job. :) and characterisation=perfect

13. HIM_EMPRESS_RENEE

HIM_EMPRESS_RENEE Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2001
    Great JOB!!!!!
    Up for more!!!!!!!!!

14. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, this is short, but it's the most I've been able to throw together since moving. However, I have upcoming plot ideas!

-------

"I had an interesting discussion with your father last night," Jag began the next morning at breakfast.

"Really?" I replied, trying to sound innocent. "What did you discuss?"

"Various degrees of blaster burns and ancient forms of torture."

"I had no idea you were interested in that."

"I'm not," he answered through clenched teeth. "I believe the point he was trying to get across to me was that he has ideas about dealing with me if I hurt you in any way."

"Hmm, I'll have to have a chat wilth him about threatening you," I replied as I reached for the frill syrup.

Jag grabbed my hand. "Listen, he wants to talk to us this morning before your brother arrives."

I looked up at him calmly. "Then I think we should figure out exactly what's going on so we have something to say."

"I agree."

"All right, you start."

"Why me?"

"You seem to be the one initiating all emotional expression here."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, you're the one who's instigating all contact. You know, holding my hand, putting your arm around me, kissing me..."

"You didn't seem to mind. In fact, I think you rather enjoyed it."

I smiled wryly. "That may be. However, you're the one who seems to be the best at beginning these conversations, so you get to start."

"All right," he sighed. "I guess the best way of saying this is that I'm ready to take this relationship to the next level. We've gotten as far as we can as just friends, and I want to take this up a notch. Jaina, I've never felt this way about anyone before. I'm not sure if you're the love of my life, but I want to find out." He glanced at me uncertainly. "Does that make sense?"

I smiled at him. "I couldn't say it better."

He smiled in relief. "I think we know what to say to your father."

I narrowed my eyes. "It's going to be interesting when we have to talk to your father."

His face remained placid, but I saw a muscle in his neck twitch. "Yes, that will be interesting."

-------

All right, that's all you get now! If I get a chance, there may be another short post late tonight. Please be nice and give me comments!

Oh, if anyone has any more title ideas for the Jacen story, I'm still accepting them. Heck, if you've got a plot bunny for the Anakin story, I'll take that too.

Princess Nadia arrives in the next post!

15. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Yeah! A new post! I'll have to think about more titles for your next story, keep up the GREAT work! :)

16. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Nice update. The part about Jag and Hans discussion was cute. :)

17. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    This story is getting better and better! Can't wait for another post! :D

18. Orion_Star

Orion_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    That's Han alright...

Great post, w/ good interaction between Jaina and Jag. Keep up the good work!

19. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Great post, Melyanna! Another one tonight, please? [face_puppydog]

20. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    I'll probably get something up tonight. I've written it but not proofed. There is definite proofing in order for it, too. I'm not happy with it. :(

21. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    thats ok, take your time...

as long as its tonight ;)

22. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, it's official. I can't say no to you people. Here's more!

--------

Immediately after breakfast Dad cornered us. I sensed a spike of nervous apprehension from Jag, so out of character for him as Dad approached. I took his hand in mine, which elicited a smile from him and a frown from Dad.

"Jaina, Jag, we need to talk," Dad announced.

"I told her already, sir," Jag replied.

"My name is Han. It's like I said the first time you called me that. Sounds like you're courting my daughter."

"Maybe that's what I want to sound like," Jag fired back, holding my hand a little tighter.

Dad was definitely taken aback by that. "Oh really? Jaina, what do you have to say about this?"

I used the Force to calm myself, something that annoyed my dad. He liked to see emotion. "I don't have a problem with it. He's being respectful. You're just being overprotective."

"You're my daughter. I have that right," Dad replied. "I'm going to let this happen, but only because I respect Jag. But if I here one more 'sir' out of you-"

"What are you going to do, Dad? Use one of those ancient forms of torture?" I interrupted.

Dad backed off. "Jaina, I don't want to see you get hurt."

"I'm not going to hurt her, si-Han," Jag said quietly. "I happen to care for her a lot. The last thing in the galaxy I want is for her to be hurt in any way. You can trust me."

"Man, this is hard," Dad began. "Somehow I don't think it will be as difficult with Jacen and Anakin."

"No, it probably won't," I replied. "But you can't hold on to me forever, Dad. You'll always be my father, and I'll always love you, but you'll have to let go sometime."

"I know, kid," Dad answered. "I know."

-------

Later that morning Jacen arrived. I was there to meet him, with Jag around as both company and protection. As Jacen came down the boarding ramp of the Shadow Lurker, I ran to meet him.

He hugged me fiercely, and I sensed that he had been through quite an ordeal. "It's good to see you again," he whispered.

I pulled away and looked up at him. "I take it Aleria wasn't an inviting place?"

"No, not really," he replied. "You and Jag are officially an item, I take it."

"You could say that," I answered, smiling.

Jag came up behind us and shook Jacen's hand. "It's good to see you again, Jacen."

"It's fantastic to see all of you here, Jag."

"Didn't have a good time?"

"Not particularly, but that's a story that can wait for another time," Jacen replied. "Oh, you have to meet Nadia."

At that point the princess, about my age, walked down the boarding ramp to us. She was dressed in white, showing off an exquisite figure. Her pale skin sharply contrasted with her dark hair and eyes. I glanced at Jag, and I could tell that he thought she was quite pretty.

"This must be your sister, Jacen," the princess said, her voice low in volume and pitch.

"Yes. Nadia, this is my sister, Jaina. Jaina, this is Nadia Montaigne."

I shook the offered hand. "It's good to meet you, Your Highness."

She shook her head. "Nadia. The government of which I was princess no longer exists. I am simply Nadia."

I smiled. "You're going to love our mom."

Jacen cleared his throat. "Nadia, this is Colonel Jag Fel of Spike Squadron."

Jag bowed sharply, in the same way he had bowed to me when we met on Ithor. "Welcome to the Errant Venture, Nadia."

She nodded regally. While no longer officially a princess, she certainly hadn't dropped the demeanor. She glanced over at me and smiled. Jacen had obviously told her about Jag and me.

I saw Booster approaching with Mom and Mirax. "Well, it looks like the welcoming committee is on its way. We'll help you get settled into your stateroom, and then we can go to lunch, where you can tell us all about the idiotic things that Jacen did on this trip. How does that sound?"

"That sounds wonderful," Nadia replied as Jacen glared at me. "We have an...interesting story to tell."

-------

No more today! I have to actually sleep tonight.

23. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Great posts!!!

24. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    GREAT POST!!!!
    Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!

No more today :( :_(

Oh well, more tomorrow, then?

[echo]GREAT POST!!!!