main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Pilots and Jedi (post-Rebirth Jaina/Jag)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orion_Star

Orion_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    Sleep? What's that? {shrug} Where's my mocha?

The post was great, the plot's thickening, I'm enjoying it, so it's all good.

Later!

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    over 400 posts!

3. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
  4. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Hmm, Han seemed to take that easier then I thought he would... eh, I guess Jaina's more grown up then he wants to admit. And when do we get Leia's reaction? Hmm? And are Jacen and Nadia an item? Hmm? More soon?

5. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    I remember that if I talked to my dad at that age, I was in for a grounding..preferably a year. But ok..it's fiction. Kids can be obnoxious and tell their parents the lines that are reserved for them. I like where this is going...this would be my alternate universe when I hit puberty. :) :) :) :)

6. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    Great additions. I liked how you showed Han with Jaina, asking her what she thought. Shows that Han respects Jaina enough to make her own decisions. And looking forward to this Jacen story.

classes? you have to to to your classes? College students these days.

ok, we can wait, take your time and have fun in your early days at college.

7. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Hehehe Han's so protective, so cute! :D I can't wait to hear Jacen and Nadia's story!!

8. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, comments...

Orion_Star: Yeah, I know. Sleep is overrated. :)

The wompster: I'm not telling, but if you look at the way this story has gone, you should be able to figure out if Jacen and Nadia are an item. You'll find out in Jacen's story if they're an item by this time or not. (You could also tell by the fact that everyone thinks Jacen needs a girlfriend to get his head back on straight. But that's a philosophical thing that will probably come up eventually. :D ) And I'm not sure when we'll get Leia's reaction. I have a feeling she won't mind as much.

padawan_lunetta: I can't wait to write their story.

All those who said nice things (which would be all of you, incidentally): Thank you! There will be more tomorrow in all likelihood. If something comes up to prevent that, I'll keep you posted.

Okay, it's time for me to defeat Darth Floor Meeting and Darth Headache. By the way, I'll probably get another teaser for Jacen's story up soon!

9. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    oooh. A Jacen teaser! I just hope that you can post again soon.

10. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Hurray! Have fun at your classes!

11. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Speaking of updates - I finally updated the Jaina and Jag silly humor story I co-wrote with Vergere. Yay me!!

12. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Have fun! If possible.

Post soon though!

13. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Up!
    Gimme a P!
    Gimme an O!
    Gimme an S!
    Gimme a T!
    Whaddoes it spell? POST!!!

14. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
  15. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    more title ideas:

"Odds for a Jedi"

"Odds or Even"

"The Power of Contemplation" ??? (that may not fit)

"Just a Coincidence"

16. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Every Solo has his Princess

(Doesn't exactly work, but I like it ;))

Yes, your highnessness.

Umm all for now! ;)

17. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    up in hopes of more story

18. RogueMonCalamari

RogueMonCalamari Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2001
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, good news and bad news, all rolled into one. I've finished the story, so the next few posts won't take as long for me to get up. That's also the bad news. There are only a few posts left.

Anyway, I will probably borrow a page from Sticks' book and start the thread for the next story before I start posting it. You'll get some teasers too, but I want to get people in first. (That was a great idea, by the way, Sticks.)

So, here's more!

-------

After lunch Jacen pulled me aside, somehow getting Jag out of the way, and asked me to tell him what had happened in his absence. He'd sensed some things through the Force, but he didn't have a clear idea of what had happened. The news of my relationship with Jag didn't surprise him. Apparently he'd seen it coming sooner than anyone else, at the ceremony on Ithor.

He and Nadia told us what had happened to them on Aleria, but I got the impression that they weren't telling us everything. Jacen wasn't the same person when he came back. While he was still my twin brother, still the same core, he seemed to have given up his philosophies and his ideas of becoming one with the Force. I wondered if Nadia had had anything to do with it.

He was a lot calmer about Kyp than I expected him to be. He actually thought that it was time for me to visit Kyp and talk to him about what had happened. We spoke with Uncle Luke about it, and he agreed to go with us to the medical ward.

Walking into the room where they were keeping Kyp in isolation, I expected the void of ysalimiri, but the Force still flowed freely through me. I looked over at my uncle, but he looked as confused as I.

Cilghal approached us and said, "Master Skywalker, you have come at a good time. Kyp will be waking up soon."

"Cilghal, the ysalimiri?" Uncle Luke asked.

"They are unnecessary now," she replied. "Come, look at this."

She led us to a holo display and brought up a scan of Kyp's head. "As you can see, there was a lot of damage done here. There was, in fact, some irreversible damage done to his brain.

"As you know, I have been studying brain activity in the Jedi. The area of his brain which was damaged beyond repair is the area used to access the Force. He cannot harm anyone. The ysalimiri are no longer needed."

Silence fell, and no one spoke until Kyp, across the room, woke up. Uncle Luke walked over to him immediately, and Jacen and I heard Kyp say faintly, "Master Skywalker..."

Luke looked up at me and gestured for me to come. "Kyp, you need to explain yourself. Not to me, not to the Jedi, but to Jaina. You need to tell her why you tried to harm her."

I approached cautiously. Kyp glanced at me and quickly looked away. His voice was hoarse as he spoke. "I was contacted by the Peace Brigade. They told me that if I gave them one Jedi alive, they would stop hunting the Jedi."

I could sense that Uncle Luke was livid. "So, instead of sacrificing yourself, so that you would be remembered for all time that you gave your life to save the Jedi, you took the coward's road and tried to sell one of your own," he replied.

"Yes," Kyp answered. "I was wrong, and I hope Jaina can forgive me. If you wish, Master, I can give myself up to the Peace Brigade. I deserve a far greater punishment."

Luke stood. "We will discuss this again, without Jacen and Jaina present." He walked away, and Jacen, Cilghal, and I followed him into a corridor.

"Cilghal, does he know that he can't use the Force?" I asked as the door slid shut.

"No," she replied. "We're waiting until he's stronger before we tell him."

"So he can attack me or Jag?" I asked incredulously.

"No, Jaina, we are concerned that in his current state, he might try to kill himself if he finds out. When he is more mentally stable, we will tell him. For now, he thinks that he is under the influence of ysalimiri."

I nodded. "Uncle Luke, what are we going to do about him?"

He rubbed his temples. "I don't know, Jaina. I don't know."

-------

Short, I know, but I'll probably post more

20. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Kyp is such an idiot jerk! THough I DO Almost feel bad for him... not being able to contact the Force, but he definatly deserved it! So this is coming to an end? :( Short story! I hope the sequel is flowning for you, or I'll go through withdrawl! ;)

21. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Nooo... it can't end! Evil Kyp!! Waah, today is a bad day for me. :(

22. RogueMonCalamari

RogueMonCalamari Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2001
    Kyp deserved it the loser. I DISLIKE kyp... why does the story have to end so soon?:confused: At least there will be another story... thank goodness. Great post!

23. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Ooh, Kyp's going the way of Ulic, Callista, and many other Jedi before him...

Okay, I'm confused. You mentioned a book, and an idea by me... What book? I had an idea? I had a great idea? *cocky grin* Sometimes I even amaze myself. :D

24. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Ha! Kyp deserved it! I'll miss this story, but I'm looking forward to the sequel(s)! Great job! :D

JediFarfy

edit: I just love a Seattle summer!! It's pouring down rain right now! Ah, the typical weather systems! :)

25. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    want more. and then want sequel.

GREAT POST!!!!!
    Liked the Kyp w/o the Force... he deserves it. But I think what I'm going to do with him in my upcoming fic is more likely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.