main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Of Pilots and Jedi (post-Rebirth Jaina/Jag)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    THAT'S IT?!!?!! [face_shocked] :_|
    It can't be so- so good, it must be continued!

Great ending, but I want MORE!!!

Oh, come on, just a little? PURTY PWEESE.

2. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, I know, I know, such a short story.

I'll be starting the next story soon, as soon as I find the "right" way to open it. Beginnings are kind of tough on occasion. (The beginning of this one wasn't that hard. It was a parody of bad sci-fi.)

Oh, there's that whole title issue too. Nothing has really clicked for me yet, though some of the suggestions I've gotten have been really good.

So, if you feel an insane urge to up something (R...J), go right ahead and up this. There will be a link to it also in the thread for Jacen's story.

Have a great day, everybody! If I don't go crazy preparing for yet another audition on Saturday, I may have Post #1 up later today!

:D

3. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    today sounds good!

and I'm going to up this until Mel starts the next story as I said. I dont really want to up this, I just want the next story.

4. Eldritch009

Eldritch009 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2001
  5. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    That was wonderful, Melyanna. Thank you for sharing. :)

6. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    dont forget the next one: Change of Heart

7. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Yes, please go read it, even if you hate Jacen. :D

8. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    and I dont hate Jacen

9. solo_yt1300

solo_yt1300 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2001
    AHHHH!! I'm back!! After that long vacation i had a lot of reading to do!!! and it all good. SOO nice to come back to all this.
    Loved the ending. Set up, hehe!

And I got a lot of my fic (which i just posted the first post, hint hint ;) ) writen and some typed up.

10. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    solo_yt1300: what's your fic called?

11. Jadis_Ionian

Jadis_Ionian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I just read this straight through from beginning to end, and I LOVED it! :D :D

Melyanna, have you started your story about Jacen? If you have, could you put up a link? 'Cause I'd really like to read it.

*Jadis*

12. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Jadis_Ionian, Mel has started and finished the fic about Jacen... [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=3851137&page=24]Click here[/link] to go to it. She has also started another.... of course, I'm assuming you haven't found that, seeing as I've been out of town for a week and haven't gotten to the last page yet. :)

13. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, she's on her thirs in the trilogy, which is on Anakin. On Naboo, but I wont say any more. It's called "Clouded Memories" (I may have said this earlier but I didnt see it so I'll say it again)

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Hey I just read this tonight. Very good. I especially loved the shower scenes. ;)
    I'll have to check out the sequels later.

15. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    WOW!!!! I just clicked on a link for this and read the whole thing--took me two hours, but it was great!!!! I'm on my way to read Into the Unknown. I loved this!!!! :D

16. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    I read this basically in one sitting and really enjoyed it, Melyanna. I have a feeling I'll be reading the sequels when I should be studying for my finals. :D

I searched this out because I'm wanting back story on Cianna and Ganner (from Lunnetta's Shadows...) but even though that wasn't in this story I loved it. I'm a closet Jaina/Jag fan who hasn't actually read many of the fics because I'm supposedly trying to write Jag myself and didn't want to be influenced by others' characterizations of him. Oh well, I think my story is a lost cause anyway.

On that note, I am totally impressed by your ability to post so often, Mely. I'd ask you questions about how you like college so far (I'm a college junior in a state adjacent to IL) but I doubt you check this thread much anymore...

17. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    I read this after Melyanna got so many votes on the OC awards thread. Of course, this one has only a breath of an OC in it. On the other hand, I liked it (just call me a closet romantic). You've managed to make Jaina as special and gifted without being unswallowably wonderful. Not enough Luke, but there's never enough Luke, and at least you wrote him well- he came across as conrolled and sympathetic rather than weak and indecisive (or weak and lovesick, which is the other variant that appears too often). Plus, of course, the story wasn't about him. And Jag is impossibly sweet, but that's all part of the romance and is perfectly acceptable writer's license. ;)

18. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Yes, I felt like randomly upping something, so I'll take this opportunity to make an announcement.

This story, the story that started the madness I know as the Neverending Solo Kids Series, has been accepted by the archive! I'd like to thank my wonderful betas, RebelMom and womp_rat208, for their help in making this story worthy of the honor of archival.

Mel

19. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    GO MELY!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.