main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Of Pilots and Jedi (post-Rebirth Jaina/Jag)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    You know, I figured that if I threw in some partial nudity, I'd get readers. ;)

Thanks for reading, everybody! There will definitely be more tomorrow. At this rate I'm writing about a post a day, but if you're really good, you might get two tomorrow. And if the power doesn't go out at my house. :D

Of course, I'm curious as to how this relationship will pan out, so there may be a lot tomorrow either way.

2. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh, and gentlemen, namely wompy and Orion, the reason there was more emphasis on Jag's shirtless condition than Jaina's toweled condition is because...

1. I'm female.

2. Jaina's female.

3. This story is first-person from Jaina's view.

4. I'm writing it.

So, though there will be some funny scenes coming up, you may not get the...exposure you want. ;)

3. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I just found this. Yay, another Jaina and Jag story!! Please post more soon! :)

4. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I got behind...GREAT updates! Steamy, yummy Jag in nothing but a towel. :D Ok, I am (reluctantly) crawling out of the gutter now.

5. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmm, I don't recall saying Jag was wrapped in a towel, but if you want to dream, go right ahead.

Anyway, the next post is ready. I want to hear reasons why I should post it! ;)

Oh, survey question:

Should Kyp make an appearance in the near future? I have to warn you, if he shows up, there may be confrontation, violence, blood, gore...well, maybe that's a little overboard. But if I write him in, there will be confrontation, and maybe even a punch thrown. (I don't like Kyp, in case you can't tell from that last segment.)

Talk to me, people!

6. meowsers

meowsers Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2001
    "I want to hear reasons why I should post it! "

Here's a reason: I delurked and this is my first post all because I love your story! Now I am begging you to post some more. Jaina/Jag stories have recently become my new favorite.

As far as Kyp, bring him in. Just let Jaina punch him, not Jag. On the other hand, let them both at him (I don't like Kyp either).

7. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Welcome aboard, meowsers!

I'm going to wait a bit to post and see if I can get anymore takers on the survey question. I'll probably post around lunchtime (which isn't too long from now).

And I think you'll like what I've got in the way of punches thrown. It's very chivalric (sp?).

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master star 9

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm hooked on this story, now POST, darn it! Please?

9. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    If Kyp is in it, kindly humiliate him. Thanks! :)

NOW POST!!

10. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Well it's just shy of lunch time where I am.... so when ya gonna post?

11. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    You didn't answer the question, wompy...

Five minutes.

12. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, it's been five minutes. Enjoy!

-------

I finished building a new lightsaber the day before Jag arrived on the Errant Venture. Mara had been preoccupied with Ben, who'd been ill for a day or two, so she hadn't seen it yet. After walking out on my brother, I decided to find her and let her see my new weapon.

I found her in the forward visual triangulation room, which we were using for training purposes. Because it was just a big, empty room, it was great for lightsaber practice. There wasn't much that could be broken in the room. Lightsaber practice seemed to be the goal today. Mara had the practice droid running.

"Hi, Jaina," she called as I walked in the room. "Ready for some action?"

"Hi, Aunt Mara. Is Ben doing any better?" I replied.

"Immensely. He's still a little sniffly, but Luke is being overprotective enough for both of us. I do have a responsibility to you as well, so Luke's taking care of Ben this morning." She turned around and looked at me. "Now, are you ready for some action?"

"Of course," I answered, drawing my new lightsaber.

"You seem to be a little distracted about something. Care to talk about it?" she asked, eyeing me closely with a protective air that she'd developed in the month or so since her son's birth.

"No," I said shortly. "Do you want to see my blade?"

"Ooh, yes," she replied, smiling. With that smile, she became Mara Jade again, the former Emperor's Hand, who loved the sight of any new weapon.

I handed my lightsaber over to her. She handled it with the delicacy that most people used with fine jewelry, taking in every subtlety of the weapon. After examining it for about five minutes, she ignited the blade.

The crystal I had used was perfectly pure and flawless, and the blade it produced was a shimmering white. Mara's eyes widened when she saw it. "White," she breathed. "Not a hint of blue or silver...white. Jaina, you found a rare stone."

"Actually, Mirax found it," I answered. "She heard I was building a new lightsaber, so she found a whole bunch of crystals."

"Jaina, do you know the advantage of a pure white blade like this?"

"It's harder for an opponent to see."

"True, but in theory, you could split this blade."

"How?" That was the craziest thing I'd ever heard.

"If you were to cut through something like transparisteel-or better, real glass-just right, the blade would split like a prism into seven different beams, in the colors of the rainbow." She turned it off and handed it back to me. "Of course, it's just a theory. That would take some incredibly unlikely circumstances."

I stood with my lightsaber in one hand, as if weighing it. I hadn't thought about blade color when I chose the stone. I had picked it up, and it just felt right to use that crystal. I had expected it to be silver like Corran's, though.

Mara switched the practice droid to ready. She looked over at me questioningly, and I nodded, reigniting my lightsaber. She turned it on.

I don't remember much of the practice round. I think the droid burned me a few times, but I was so deep into combat mode that I didn't notice the pain. I was actually surprised that I did as well as I did. It had been a while since I'd last practiced. I fell back into the groove of the droid pretty easily, blocking shot after shot.

It didn't seem like it had been that long when the droid shut itself off to prevent overheating of either me or it. I saw Mara smile, and I shut the blade off.

As I pushed my shoulder-length hair, now dripping, out of my face, I heard a voice behind me say, "Why did it shut itself off?"

I spun around and saw Jag standing at the door. I'd been so focused on the droid that I hadn't noticed his arrival. I wondered how long he'd been standing there watching me.

Mara answered for me. "The droid automatically turns itself off after half an hour. Safety precaution." Turning to me, she said, "I'm impressed, Jaina. Keep it up."

She packed the droid back into the crate. "What?" I asked. "Aren't we doing more?"

"Sorry, kid, but I have to che

13. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    "My uncle outranks your uncle." *lol* But Luke could beat up Wedge...

And yes, Kyp should be in this fic, and punches should be thrown (mainly by Jaina, but I wouldn't mind a nice chivalrous fight from Jag). I say this mainly because I happened to leave Kyp out of my NJO AU fics when I had the chance to write him, so I want to live vicariously through other fics. ;)

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Jedi Grand Master star 9

Mar 26, 2001
    Good stuff. Amusing. Except for the Kiria part, of course.

15. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Another wonderful post! :)

16. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Hey, that was cool. And funny. Ooh, more shower scene? ;)

17. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Great post, Melyanna! Jag is such a sweetheart. And like Womp Rat, another shower scene would be appreciated if it's a Jag scene, of course. :D

And bring Kyp in! I love a good fight.

18. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    If you're all really good, you might get another post today. (Bribery works, really!) ;)

EDIT: Typo.

19. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    I just started reading this, and I love it. Especially the shower scene. Just one little thing, I thought I read in one of the books that Luke was a general.I'm not sure though.

20. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmm, I don't know. In the Thrawn trilogy, he was still a commander, I think. He might have been promoted after that in the comics or something, but I thought he resigned shortly after the Thrawn books, or slightly before...I don't remember. It's been a while since I read those.

21. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Bribery, huh?

::Brings in a plate of freshly baked chocolate fudge brownies::

22. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm open to someone sticking it to Kyp. Good update. When is someone going to try and collect the bounty on Jaina?

23. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Oy, Rebecca191, not good for my figure. But, hey, my figure can handle that and the Moose Tracks ice cream I had earlier. :) Thank you!

Freyja: Don't get ahead of me. ;)

All those who dislike Kyp: That will probably be coming up in a few posts.

I may get the next post up later today(!), but I have to proof it first. (I know, proofreading is overrated, but I'm also a perfectionist.)

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the support!

24. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Ok, I finally got around to reading this and what do I see?

A really good story!!! :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :)
    great interaction between Jaina and Jag
    I'll be watching for you to post more.
    (I just had to do that) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

25. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    I say bring in Kyp so Jaina andJag can beat the crap outta him.He used to be one of the characters that I like.But I change my mind.I have to agree with Freyja .when is someone going to try to grab Jaina?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.