main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Pilots and Jedi (post-Rebirth Jaina/Jag)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orion_Star

Orion_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    I would imagine that Kyp, being a "Jedi Master" with few scruples, wouldn't shirk from a battle, and therefore would put up a nice fight for Jag (or maybe even Luke or Mara...). A nice saber fight between Kyp and Jaina might be cool too, though... So many options, only one post to do it in...

Just keep with the theme of Kyp getting abused and it'll all be okay. Good post! Later!

2. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Kyp is no jedi master. thats a misprint.

3. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    LOL! Glad you liked the brownies. Please, post already though! :D

4. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    yeah, we're waiting.

5. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Yeah, thought you said two posts today... :D

6. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    wompy, i dont think you have room to speak.

But post anyways!

7. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Seriously, wompy.

More later! After I eat!

8. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I'll be waiting tonight then

9. Impatient

Impatient Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2001
    oops. I should have used this sock ;)

10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    LOL!

Patience is a virtue... one I do not have. ;)

11. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I have patience. In the Real World, that is. Not when it comes to SW fanfics on TF.N! :)

12. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, you impatient people, here it is. I couldn't manage to work in a shower scene, but there may be another one later. ;)

-------

Lunch was far more pleasant than breakfast had been. Jag and Mara, who had been formally introduced on Ithor two years before, but hadn't really met until that meal, seemed to like each other, but that wasn't surprising. After all, they were a lot alike.

When we finished, Mara asked, "Jag, would you like to meet my son?"

"I would be honored, Mara," he replied, his voice rather formal. We rose and headed to the Skywalker suite.

Luke was holding Ben when we came into the living room The baby was about six weeks old, and already showing signs of precociousness. He could hold his head up for pretty long periods of time, and he seemed to have better eyesight than most infants. He already recognized his parents, me and my family, the Horns, Cilghal, and Tahiri. He'd also developed the most adorable laugh.

When I came within a few feet of him, Ben turned, saw me, and reached a tiny hand in my direction. I held out my hands, and he squirmed, trying to get to me. I took him from Uncle Luke and kissed him on the cheek. He giggled.

Luke saw Jag standing behind me and extended a hand to him. "I think we've met before. You're Baron Fel's son, Jagged, right?"

"Yes, sir," Jag replied, shaking Luke's hand. "Please call me Jag, though. Only my mother calls me Jagged these days."

My uncle laughed lightly. "I know the feeling. My wife still calls me Skywalker, and no one has called me that since I left Rogue Squadron."

Mara spoke up. "You still call me Jade, husband mine, and that doesn't even officially apply anymore."

"True," Luke replied. "So, Jag, how is you family doing? Still out on Nirauan?"

Jag frowned slightly. "How did you know where my family lives? Not even Uncle Wedge knows where they are."

"Seven years ago Mara and I were out there-"

"No, Luke," Mara cut in. "I went out there, managed to get myself knocked unconcious, and Luke came out to rescue me."

Luke smiled wryly. "Something like that. Anyway, we were out there looking for the Hand of Thrawn."

"You found us?" Jag replied, truly surprised.

"They were looking for Mara, actually, so it wasn't quite that hard. However, we saw your father while we were out there."

"Really? He never told me."

"That doesn't surprise me. You would have been, what, thirteen at the time?"

"Something like that. That's still a little surprising. I joined Spike Squadron when I was thirteen. Normally those kinds of things are announced to the military."

"I'm sure that Baron Fel had his reasons. He normally does."

Jag laughed at that. "Well, to answer your question, yes, my family is still on Nirauan, and doing quite well." I still sensed that note of sorrow in him, probably about his two deceased siblings. "My mother and my younger brother and sister might come to Coruscant soon, to see Uncle Wedge."

"That's nice to hear," Mara answered. She turned her attention to me and said, "Jaina, are you going to keep Ben to yourself, or are you going to let your flyboy see him?"

I know I started to blush a little at the comment, but I managed to chase that away before it became too noticable. "Do you want to hold him, Jag?"

"In a minute." He stood very close behind me and touched Ben's cheek. I turned my head to watch him. "Hello, Ben," he said in a tone unlike any I had heard from him before. The baby, who was looking over my shoulder at him, reached a hand up and batted Jag's nose. His other hand had a death grip on a fistful of my hair, so Jag gently pried his fingers open.

I glanced over at Uncle Luke and Aunt Mara. They were smiling at each other oddly. I knew that look; I'd gotten it from Jacen that morning. I decided then that people would say and think what they liked, but their comments didn't have to affect me at all. I could just ignore it.

Jag took Ben out of my arms at that point. "It's best to get the child used to you before you try to hold him," he said, almost condescendingly.

"Yo

13. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Excellent post! broken jaw sounds good... :)

And I'm glad you post more often than some I could name coughwompycough ;)

14. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    Yeah, nothing with skin, but the preview of Jag as a father made up for it....
    ahh, the perfect guy, cute, and sensitive....

WHERE CAN I FIND ONE JUST LIKE HIM?!!?!!?!!?!! :confused:

WHY CAN'T I FIND ONE LIKE HIM??!!??!!
    :_|

15. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Because he's a book character. He doesnt exist on earth.

16. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Easy, js2k1. I feel the same way. :)

17. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    That's what every female wonders.

That was such a cute post! I love babies. One of the familes I babysit for has a four and half month old and I love to hold him. He's so sweet and he LOVES to grab fingers!!

18. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    *shakes head*
    [under his breath]girls...[/under his breath]

No offense intended ;)

19. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    *grins broadly* GIRLS! ;)

That was a cute post. Jag did with the squirt what I do with my cousins. :)

20. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Meeting the parents...I'm trying not to remember Ben Stiller and Robert DeNiro.

21. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Babies, babies... lets get back to the ships! Happy boys? ;) Very few people aren't charmed by little babies, but just wait until they develop the attitude and clever comebacks of my eight and six year old nieces. Wait until they make you listen to Britney Spears on the way to Baskin Robbins! Eeeek!

Ok, sometimes they're cute even then. :)

22. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Hey, lil kids are cute! For instance, my lil 5 year old cousin was here all week. She'll come running up to me, and throw her arms up, and go "Maaatt, pick me up." So cute.

23. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
  24. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    cute part about ben. i love little kids and babies soo much.please post more soon

25. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Yeah, I babysit for several families, most of the kids are little sweeties. The four month old's big brother just turned three and is soooo adorable - everytime I leave he gives me a little hug goodbye! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.