main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Of Pilots and Jedi (post-Rebirth Jaina/Jag)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I like kids. I was just saying that girls *cough*likeyou*cough* seem to get preoccupied with something that doesnt exist.

2. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Oh, let us dream, RJ. There's got to be a guy like that somewhere. And for the moment, I get to live vicariously through a book character and find a guy like that.

3. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, very sad news. My computer just killed the next post.

It was so young...it hadn't even been proofed yet...:_|

Anyway, I'll get it rewritten as soon as I can. Fortunately I still have the hard draft. (Yeah, I know, I still do things on paper.)

4. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Somewhere. In heaven. only in heaven

and on that point, there aren't exactly any "perfect" girls out there either, so it goes both ways.

5. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, very sad news. My computer just killed the next post.

It was so young...it hadn't even been proofed yet... :_|

Anyway, I'll get it rewritten as soon as I can. Fortunately I still have the hard draft. (Yeah, I know, I still do things on paper.)

6. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

It cant do that. *kicks DarthRL and Melyanna's computer into submission*

There, now you can get it done. I'll be here ready for more story. until tonight.

7. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Wow, we've got some PUs (parallel universes) going on here... just as Jag's meeting the Skycrawler in this story, the same thing happens in jainasolo2001's fic. Freaky. :D

Y'know, all these guys are going on about us females and Jag, but only a few pages ago they were drooling over Jaina in a towel... Say it with me now: Hypocrites! *sticks tongue out*

A broken jaw for Kyp sounds good. Waitaminute-- when you mentioned that, you didn't specify which character would end up with a broken jaw... Oh please, no, not Jag, not my beautiful perfect Jag... uh... *clears throat and composes herself* That is to say... *bursts into tears*

8. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Ahem. That was wompy (and Orion) drooling and me going on. I wasn't in this thread that far back (you can check if you dont believe me) I dont believe I ever made any comment about that scene.

9. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Yeah, well I agreed with you about the little kids, Sticks. ;)

10. LeiaSkywalker

LeiaSkywalker Jedi Master star 3

Mar 31, 2001
    I just found this! I loved it!!! Pity your computer ate your next post! *laughs* I hope we'll have the reunion soon!

11. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    You're right, Sticks. I didn't specify whose jaw gets broken. [face_mischief] [face_devil]

12. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    BTW, when's the next post gonna be?
    As soon as you get it up, I know, but more specifically...?

13. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Good grief, you people are impatient.

When it's done!

Actually, I just finished, but I'm going to make Impatient over there wait a bit.

14. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    can't believe your computer killed your post .i keep my stories on paper because my computer gets these urges to kill something once in a while.oh and just for the record i was drooling over Jag9mouth wateers at the mention of his name0 not jaina in a towel.

15. Impatient

Impatient Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2001
    Hey that wasn't impatient over there! I'm over here. And no fair!!!! I'll leave this thread and never come back. *goes to sulk*

And a note: If I post with R...J with a question like that, it means I'm curious, not impatient. If I'm being Impatient, I'll use this username.

16. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Sorry, RJ. It won't happen again.

But I'm still going to make you wait a bit. :D

17. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    can't believe your computer killed your post .i keep my stories on paper because my computer gets these urges to kill something once in a while.oh and just for the record i was drooling over Jag mouth waters at the mention of his name not jaina in a towel.

18. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    I wonder what would happen if I insisted that this be over one hundred posts before I throw in the next segment?

19. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Not that I would, but I wonder?

20. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    I would post real fast. ;)
    Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

21. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Even though I'm not being impatient (note the username)
    Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

22. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    I was kidding, RJ.

Seriously, though, I'm going to proofread, then post. :D

23. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
  24. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    I think this one's a bit shorter, but Han's in it. Does that make up for brevity?

-------

Jag was actually agitated slightly as my parents arrived at the suite. Before I left his side, I whispered, "Don't worry, Jag. They're just my parents."

I felt more than saw his glare as I walked over to my parents. "Welcome back," I greeted. "You didn't tell me you were going somewhere. Where'd you go, Hoth?"

Mom hugged me. "No, sarcastic pilot child of mine. Bespin, actually. Lando's trying to set up shop there again, and he and Tendra asked us to visit him for a few days. Besides," she added, pulling away and holding me at arm's length, "when we left you were busy becoming one with your lightsaber. I take it you're done with it?"

I nodded. "Mara likes it, too."

Dad interjected, "You can't get much higher praise than that, Jaina."

Uncle Luke laughed. "He's right, you know."

Dad seemed to notice Luke for the first time. "Hey, kid, how's it going?" he greeted. "Getting lots of sleep these days?"

My uncle rolled his eyes, and then a half-smile crept on his face. "I'm sure you and Leia would love to take Ben for a few days."

"Sorry, Luke. I served my time already."

"Dad!" I cried.

"Jaina," he explained, "one of these days you'll learn that the last six weeks of pregnancy are to prepare you for the first six weeks of having a baby in the house. You won't sleep, and if you're lucky, your husband won't either." Before I could enter a rebuttal, he looked around and said, "Hey, wait a minute. Where are Mara and the Skycrawler?"

"The Skycrawler?" Mom repeated incredulously.

"Well, he can't be a Skywalker yet," Dad joked, throwing a grin at her.

"He can't crawl yet either."

Dad waved off her comment. "Technicalities."

"Mara's feeding Ben at the moment," Luke stated. "Then, with any luck, he'll take a nap."

"Don't count on it, kid," Dad replied, clapping Uncle Luke on the back. He gestured to Jag. "So who is this kid?"

I could sense Jag's nervousness increasing incrementally. "Dad," I began, "this is Colonel Jag Fel of Spike Squadron."

Jag stepped forward and offered his hand. "It's good to meet you, General Solo."

Dad blinked a couple of times before shaking Jag's hand. "Wow, someone remembers I was a general. Are you related to Baron Fel? You look like him."

"He's my father, sir."

Dad looked over at me. "Is he with you?"

Jag answered for me. "Sir, I was assigned here by General Antilles and Colonel Darklighter to protect you daughter."

"My daughter is a Jedi. Since when does she need a bodyguard?"

"I didn't make that decision, sir."

"You can drop the 'sir' business already. Makes you sound like you're courting my daughter."

"Han!" Mom cried.

"It's all true," he replied sheepishly.

"I don't care if it's true." Jag and I exchanged amused looks, recognizing the similarity to the conversation we'd had that morning. Mom addressed Jag. "Please, call us Leia and Han. There's no need for formalities here."

"All right." I could tell that he was fighting down the urge to call her "Ambassador" or some other title.

Dad spoke up again. "Well, your parents are Corellian, so that makes you Corellian, despite your birthplace. I guess that means you can play bodyguard with my daughter."

"Dad!" As I protested, I saw Uncle Luke turn around and heard him stifling a laugh.

It's no use, I thought. They're never going to leave me alone about him.

-------

Okay, it'll probably be Monday before I get the next segment up. (Don't throw things at me! I'll try to get it up tomorrow, but I can't promise!)

Countdown to Kyp: 2 posts!

25. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    I take that back. It's not shorter than usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.